Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you should order the color that you or your SO likes.
I'm kinda torn on the color. I ordered red because I have never owned a red car. I saw last years model in the showroom and fell in love with that shade of red. I can't order white because my last car was white, and I drove it for 17 years. Black is never an option because keeping it clean is ridiculous. So grey and blue...

I have not seen either of them in person. The blue on the website looks too vibrant. If was more muted or darker, I would be all in. I just can't see ordering a color sight unseen. Same goes for the grey. I wish I could see it.

The interior I saw at the showroom was tan and I loved it, but all of my vehicles have darker interiors, and 2k for a color change seems excessive. So I chose black, but every passing day has me wishing I picked tan.

I just hope I don't regret buying a car without seeing all the options in person. This is going to be a frustrating several months.

I'm kinda torn on the color. I ordered red because I have never owned a red car. I saw last years model in the showroom and fell in love with that shade of red. I can't order white because my last car was white, and I drove it for 17 years. Black is never an option because keeping it clean is ridiculous. So grey and blue...

I have not seen either of them in person. The blue on the website looks too vibrant. If was more muted or darker, I would be all in. I just can't see ordering a color sight unseen. Same goes for the grey. I wish I could see it.

The interior I saw at the showroom was tan and I loved it, but all of my vehicles have darker interiors, and 2k for a color change seems excessive. So I chose black, but every passing day has me wishing I picked tan.

I just hope I don't regret buying a car without seeing all the options in person. This is going to be a frustrating several months.
Rest assured that you are note alone in your plight!

The grey is similar the dark gray metallic offered by other automakers. The blue is rather vibrant. If Tesla offered the dark "Signature Red" or the dark blue from the past, I'd order that, but they don't. (My order is Midnight Silver Metallic.) (I asked the local shop that does wraps and ceramic coating about wrapping in Signature Red. They won't do it. "Too difficult." I'm sure that wouldn't be an issue in California. I have no idea about New England.)

Since this is a Model S Delivery Update Thread I’ll make an 80% appropriate (10% off for each year 🤣)

Current order Model S LR made 1/1/21 still nothing but a “-“
HOWEVER my car is sold and I am delivering it to its new owner tomorrow!!
2019 Model S Raven Performance + Ludicrous + FSD ~51,000 miles

Here are some pics to enjoy while we all wait for our Refresh S’

Attachments

• 0DD8AE65-CC41-4D3C-9C66-78A0962B60CF.jpeg
    0DD8AE65-CC41-4D3C-9C66-78A0962B60CF.jpeg
    443.4 KB · Views: 63
  • C0A4A688-0CE4-4DFA-8D09-326901C9A6B1.jpeg
    C0A4A688-0CE4-4DFA-8D09-326901C9A6B1.jpeg
    610.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 66E8E434-B66C-450F-BBA7-26F4E970BD7D.jpeg
    66E8E434-B66C-450F-BBA7-26F4E970BD7D.jpeg
    575.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 16D9B860-DE8F-427E-8F2E-58DAA5F6CF8B.jpeg
    16D9B860-DE8F-427E-8F2E-58DAA5F6CF8B.jpeg
    613.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 1BD6B149-B5AD-4442-852B-461B5FD6999C.jpeg
    1BD6B149-B5AD-4442-852B-461B5FD6999C.jpeg
    630.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 9D537BED-A76E-4B16-B474-84A0139B12E6.jpeg
    9D537BED-A76E-4B16-B474-84A0139B12E6.jpeg
    740.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 6106595E-F57D-4675-8533-C28698EFEF1B.jpeg
    6106595E-F57D-4675-8533-C28698EFEF1B.jpeg
    962.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 8C79B004-735C-480C-A918-4A871E0B9152.jpeg
    8C79B004-735C-480C-A918-4A871E0B9152.jpeg
    832.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 649D76E2-A95F-43DC-9DA6-667648D1E847.jpeg
    649D76E2-A95F-43DC-9DA6-667648D1E847.jpeg
    703.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Looking for a 97 Honda Civic with 300k miles or something to tide me over until the Tesla shows up. I'm just assuming I'll see the Model S sometime in 2022/23. Anyone considering shifting their traffic to Lucid motors? They look pretty promising right about now

I just cannot get into the Lucid designs. I will look at Rivian soon if no communication from Tesla soon (my "soon" and not Elon's "soon").

Since this is a Model S Delivery Update Thread I’ll make an 80% appropriate (10% off for each year 🤣)

Just curious - why'd you decide a LR over a Plaid given you had a Perf + Ludicrous? Just decided you don't want/need the extra power?

She's beautiful!! I do love those rims, even better than the new arachnid wheels on the refreshed MS!

Reactions: boonedocks
View attachment 661758
From Twitter, 5/10 @huddster2
AGAIN. "Hi. Thank you for your patience and support. I would like to share with you some incredibly exciting new information we absolutely have regarding the delivery of your $100k+ order for a new Tesla vehicle...unfortunately, we actually have NO new information although this text/email specifically says we DO have new information, but unfortunately, I'm just a BOT programmed by some 22-year-old schmoe at Telsa who gets paid $175k per year to write such bullsh!t code and send it off to gullible customers anxiously awaiting any new information on their expensive vehicle orders. BTW -- for any questions, concerns, or complaints, please note we do NOT have any Customer Service or Support Department, but feel free to CALL 1-800-FUK-YOU1.

I know I said I have some exciting new information BUT guess what, I was just joking, AKA "lying my as$ off" to you clowns drooling over ANY possible new information our company might have. Unfortunately, we don't have any new information and your order will come "soon." And, when I say "soon" (which is what our MAIN Boss, the Boss of Bosses, you know, the great Elon Musk, our "TeknoKing (that's his new title...no really, it is!), Mr. Asperperger's SUPER-GENIUS, you know like Wiley E. Coyote, "Super Genius" says, "soon,"), we mean "sometime within the next year or so...maybe...perhaps...we'll see." So, I really hope you appreciate our AWESOME COMMUNICATION that we provide because we really do VALUE and APPRECIATE your MONEY IN OUR BANK ACCOUNT, I mean...we appreciate your BUSINESS. So sit back, have a few cocktails and enjoy the ride! Perhaps we'll deliver your very awesome Tesla EV sometime this year...or maybe next year. Not sure. But we'll reach back out to you very soon for another super awesome UPDATE. Love you! Your Tesla Representative." o_O🤪

Last edited:
Update for those of us who are focused on the main topic of this thread.
Estimated Delivery remains “-“ for me. Has been and probably will be until VIN assignment.

At this point, I am thinking of adding my reservation to my estate planning docs in the event of my untimely death prior to delivery!

Also, for the dude selling warranties. I don’t need a warranty for a car I don’t have and isn’t being made right now. Do you also sell warranties for other not yet invented products? Must be a high margin business…

AGAIN. "Hi. Thank you for your patience and support. I would like to share with you some incredibly exciting new information we absolutely have regarding the delivery of your $100k+ order for a new Tesla vehicle...unfortunately, we actually have NO new information although this text/email specifically says we DO have new information, but unfortunately, I'm just a BOT programmed by some 22-year-old schmoe at Telsa who gets paid $175k per year to write such bullsh!t code and send it off to gullible customers anxiously awaiting any new information on their expensive vehicle orders. BTW -- for any questions, concerns, or complaints, please note we do NOT have any Customer Service or Support Department, but feel free to CALL 1-800-FUK-YOU1.

I know I said I have some exciting new information BUT guess what, I was just joking, AKA "lying my as$ off" to you clowns drooling over ANY possible new information our company might have. Unfortunately, we don't have any new information and your order will come "soon." And, when I say "soon" (which is what our MAIN Boss, the Boss of Bosses, you know, the great Elon Musk, our "TeknoKing (that's his new title...no really, it is!), Mr. Asperperger's SUPER-GENIUS, you know like Wiley E. Coyote, "Super Genius" says, "soon,"), we mean "sometime within the next year or so...maybe...perhaps...we'll see." So, I really hope you appreciate our AWESOME COMMUNICATION that we provide because we really do VALUE and APPRECIATE your MONEY IN OUR BANK ACCOUNT, I mean...we appreciate your BUSINESS. So sit back, have a few cocktails and enjoy the ride! Perhaps we'll deliver your very awesome Tesla EV sometime this year...or maybe next year. Not sure. But we'll reach back out to you very soon for another super awesome UPDATE. Love you! Your Tesla Representative." o_O🤪

Bro you need to put down that Miami dust. 😂

Also, pretty clear that email is fake. No one here has said they have gotten it.

I did genuinely laugh my ass off reading this though.

Bro you need to put down that Miami dust. 😂

Also, pretty clear that email is fake. No one here has said they have gotten it.
Haha. Just for the Mods...my account still says July. Not sure about the fake email, but it seems many others have recently received texts & emails very similar to what @ModernS posted, so sorry, I had to respond in my own interpretation, lol. 😂