Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 1/30 LR order did not change. Still “-“. Given the pattern I’m seeing, anyone ordering pre-refresh or within a few days of the announcement (like me) are priority and will be BEFORE those that got changed to August. I’ve yet to see anyone with a pre-refresh order get changed to August on this thread.

There are still edge cases for jerks like me who ordered around refresh day, had "July" and then made a change and now have "-"...I just assumed we are Q4 now.

Tesla can't figure out how to deliver my inventory Model Y from CO to MD. Seriously. I don't have a ton of confidence on dates. My S will be delivered whenever Tesla wants it to be so.

On Ford. Good enough never is. The Mach E is a great first try. The vertical screen and software is horrendous. I say this from experience driving it, not photos. Tesla's UI is actually very good and often overlooked. Charging network is key, as others said. As others know, Chevy's app sucks too. People should give some credit to Tesla's app and UI. Again, it's not lightyears ahead anymore, but its markedly better.

Lucid said they can't commit to 22,000 cars NEXT year. These new folks have to ramp up and it's taken Tesla a decade and they still suck at it.

I want a Tesla, I just want the truth, not kicking the can, no intentional misguidance, etc. But I know, I can't handle the truth, so Uncle Elon gives me nothing...

Oh, and to keep the police away, "Estimated Delivery: -"

I'd argue:

June: 5% (1,000 units)
July: 25% (5,000 units)
August: 50% (10,000 units)
Sept: the remaining from today's date.

When Elon says "probably" that usually means + 1-2 units of measurement. So since he said "probably next month (May)" .. I'd say end of June is best case, with July being a bit more and August being the full ramp.

I mean, I posted this, the only difference is, I just didn't say "my source said"...technically there's a small window still that this is correct, actually.

Reactions: T-Racer and Babu_18
Cleaned-up up the spreadsheet, so feel free to update your data and I'll summarize later today.

BTW my July stayed July

Link: Refresh Model S Tracking
Why are we tracking order confirmed date? Don't we want to track the date the order was originally placed?

I would assume the original order date is the rough order in which people will get deliveries. If someone ordered in December and confirmed on 2/15, do you think they'll get delivery after someone who ordered in January and confirmed their refresh on 2/1? (Again, I know these things don't follow an EXACT order, but I would assume the rough order is original delivery date, so long as you confirmed.)

you and i ordered same day, same car, same delivery location and have first 4 RN digits the same. mine has said July since the last update. No change today (so far).
My 1/30 LR order did not change. Still “-“. Given the pattern I’m seeing, anyone ordering pre-refresh or within a few days of the announcement (like me) are priority and will be BEFORE those that got changed to August. I’ve yet to see anyone with a pre-refresh order get changed to August on this thread.

There are still edge cases for jerks like me who ordered around refresh day, had "July" and then made a change and now have "-"...I just assumed we are Q4 now.
No, I think you are priority. When I ordered originally I was told that each location had a limited number of priority slots. Not sure of the #, but if you were one of the first 3 refresh orders, for example, you’d be priority. Could be wrong, but that’s what I was told when I placed the order in the showroom.

you and i ordered same day, same car, same delivery location and have first 4 RN digits the same. mine has said July since the last update. No change today (so far).
I think “no change” is the important thing. July seems likely (assuming production actually begins). The fact that you were not changed to August implies you are not getting pushed out. Could be wrong. Perhaps they haven’t finished updates. Or those of us with a “-“ get changed to July.

Well, here is the first bit of "Truth Data" I can give you all about your delivery dates. Anyone who has a delivery date August-October, just moved up in line by 1 car. I just spoke to my SA and requested to postpone my delivery from Aug until the end of November. I'm going to be out of town during the summer/fall and it makes more sense for me to have a more predictable delivery date when I know I'll be home. The nearest delivery locations from where I will be are Atlanta and Tampa (5.5 and 6.25 hours away). I won't have time to drive there, conduct the trade-in, spend the amount of time I want inspecting the new car, taking delivery and then drive back (or pay for a hotel). Plus, I want to have professional paint correction and 9H ceramic coating and PPF and window tint. I have a place here in St Louis that I know does high-end, professional work that is lifetime guaranteed and the work gets added to the VIN as an upgrade. There might be a place near my "away" location, but I can't be sure of the quality or reputation, etc. AND I would have to rent a car for the week and that takes even more of my time and money.
So CONGRATULATIONS everyone!!! You're welcome. :)

I read something on here about features being reduced on the refresh; does anyone have a link to this info? Sorry if it has already been posted. This thread seems to add a page an hour :p!
I think you are referring to an offhand sarcastic comment someone made that was based on the suspected removal of tilt function for the center screen. I don't think there are any other suspected changes at this time.

Personally, I thought the tilt function looked clumsy, and glaringly out of place, with how minimalistic and sleek the rest of the interior looks. Having that mechanical arm stick out looked awkward. And you know most drivers would just tilt it and leave it that way. I think if it was pulled, it was because the car looked stupid with that arm visible on every parked S.

Reactions: jlear
Jan 10th RN1143 still showing “-“. LR S

I’m hopeful this is a good sign. I placed a back-up order on a MYP earlier this week because I’m running out of time since I can’t extend my current lease further and this is my primary car. Nothing wrong with MYP but my heart is set on the S! 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: T-Racer
I think you are referring to an offhand sarcastic comment someone made that was based on the suspected removal of tilt function for the center screen. I don't think there are any other suspected changes at this time.

Personally, I thought the tilt function looked clumsy, and glaringly out of place, with how minimalistic and sleek the rest of the interior looks. Having that mechanical arm stick out looked awkward. And you know most drivers would just tilt it and leave it that way. I think if it was pulled, it was because the car looked stupid with that arm visible on every parked S.

Uhm, what? It wasn't sarcastic or off hand. It's a verifiable fact they are removing advertised features from the car and accompanying text from the website with no notice.

Whether you think you'll like that feature or not is completely irrelevant. They still removed it. We also have no idea what else has or will change.

I loaded my page this am and got my first delivery update, originally order MS LR on 03/19, updated it to Plaid on 04/02, RN went from 1146 to what you see below.

It went from 10-14 weeks from order to date to this. If it was first week of August, its 17 weeks from OD.

Discuss.

View attachment 662265
Changing from LR to Plaid is considered as a cancel of LR and new order for Plaid. So, you got a new RN number.

Tesla can't figure out how to deliver my inventory Model Y from CO to MD. Seriously. I don't have a ton of confidence on dates. My S will be delivered whenever Tesla wants it to be so.

On Ford. Good enough never is. The Mach E is a great first try. The vertical screen and software is horrendous. I say this from experience driving it, not photos. Tesla's UI is actually very good and often overlooked. Charging network is key, as others said. As others know, Chevy's app sucks too. People should give some credit to Tesla's app and UI. Again, it's not lightyears ahead anymore, but its markedly better.

Lucid said they can't commit to 22,000 cars NEXT year. These new folks have to ramp up and it's taken Tesla a decade and they still suck at it.

I want a Tesla, I just want the truth, not kicking the can, no intentional misguidance, etc. But I know, I can't handle the truth, so Uncle Elon gives me nothing...

Oh, and to keep the police away, "Estimated Delivery: -"
Any chance Ford had of getting new customers just got driven away by the suggestion of advertising in the car. Ford ponders in-car ads using vehicle cameras in new patent

Reactions: T-Racer