Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Fremont factory is finally packed with Model S refreshes. Without a doubt I saw hundreds of them in his video. I am not an expert on identifying from above, but I do believe some are even loaded on carriers. FINALLY, proof large scale production has started.
Maybe the owners will post videos of the features of the car …. The manufacturer can’t seem to be bothered with those kinds of details

Maybe the owners will post videos of the features of the car …. The manufacturer can’t seem to be bothered with those kinds of details
Honestly, I don’t think there will be any features that are material and not known except, perhaps, software changes. It’s not like there’s going to be a “one more thing” moment. What’s on the site is what you get. Except, perhaps, for that crazy wing for Plaid+ or whatever.

Out of curiosity, do people think there will be some killer feature or similar that is a surprise?

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I just heard from a friend of an sa that deliveries on the east coast won’t happen until November. Midwest 2022
Well my barber’s son’s friend’s cousin’s boss says that your friend’s SA doesn’t know *sugar*. No need to get excited by news from friends, media, etc. The only thing that we will trust is actual VIN assignments.

Honestly, I don’t think there will be any features that are material and not known except, perhaps, software changes. It’s not like there’s going to be a “one more thing” moment. What’s on the site is what you get. Except, perhaps, for that crazy wing for Plaid+ or whatever.

Out of curiosity, do people think there will be some killer feature or similar that is a surprise?

Nothing major expected just lots of Easter eggs.

Reactions: T-Racer and elguapo

Probably just some major improvements to the UI and updated FSD if you opted for that (if Tesla makes it available to operate either when you take delivery or at some point later in the year or next?)...but everything else will probably be the same as we all expect and have seen on test mules I suppose.

Since we are sharing car washing tips and we are about to go into drought lockdown again, here is a blog post I did a while ago using a "no rinse" product (BTW big fan of Opti-Coat)

Last edited:

I am simply curious what the delta is between this and the prior LR+ and Performance, especially given the $10K price delta. There are a number of visual design changes which I would categorize are "different" not necessarily better or worse (horizontal display, yoke). Performance is improved, there are things like active noise cancelling, which could be cool. I am wondering about things like if the new manufacturing gives you a more taut chassis and better vehicle dynamics and less rattles, more info on charging and taper, non-obvious stuff like that. I am also curious about this to see what they are doing with 10 teraflops of processing power when you are not playing Witcher while charging. Also, is there HW4 and what does it entail? Finally, how does stalkless shifting really work?

Hopefully the “open butthole” voice command will still work on the refresh.

I am simply curious what the delta is between this and the prior LR+ and Performance, especially given the $10K price delta. There are a number of visual design changes which I would categorize are "different" not necessarily better or worse (horizontal display, yoke). Performance is improved, there are things like active noise cancelling, which could be cool. I am wondering about things like if the new manufacturing gives you a more taut chassis and better vehicle dynamics and less rattles, more info on charging and taper, non-obvious stuff like that. I am also curious about this to see what they are doing with 10 teraflops of processing power when you are not playing Witcher while charging. Also, is there HW4 and what does it entail? Finally, how does stalkless shifting really work?
W/r/t your last question, I just happened to stumble across this earlier today:

Was june 01-30 before and changed to blank yesterday..

there's also the change that 'isfromadmingool' has changed from false to true. Any idea what this mean?

RN1142, ordered nov/2020, Red/black 19"

RN11431 Ordered 12/20/2020,

My isfromadmintool changed from false to true on May 14 when it went from a - to June 1 - June 30.

Then on May 15, it went from June 1 - June 30 to just blank.

But isfromadmintool stayed true, even with it totally blank.

You want to know how fast the Tesla Model S Plaid (tri-motor w/ 1,020 HP/TQ) will be in comparison to the Model S LR (dual motor w/ approx 800 HP/TQ)? If so, I found this from 2 years ago — Tesla Model S P100D (with approx 700-800 HP?) vs the BMW M5 Competition, Mercedes AMG GT63 S, and Porsche Panamera Turbo S Hybrid. NOW, imagine an additional 200+ HP/TQ on the new Model S Plaid! 😳👍🏻😎

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
Possibly for the Plaid+ but E Musk was quoted in 2019 re: testing the Plaid/Plaid + w/ the active wing spoiler back then on a race track and he said it wouldn't go onto production cars. But who knows what they'll do for the Plaid +. Again, I get it and I know what it's used for; Porsche 911 has an active/hide-away rear spoiler but it's just not that big and "boy racer" looking.
That was in reference to the large bolted-on wing they had on that particular test car. Clearly this new thing is designed to be part of the car. I would place a high likelihood on it showing up (however it’s certainly not a sure thing as they may find problems and decide to scrap it).

Why would they use the ultrasonic sensors when they have cameras? Based on Elon saying they don’t need radar, I don’t know why they’d still need the ultrasonic sensors. They’re pretty awful anyway, especially at higher speeds.

Either the cameras can do it all or they can’t…come on Uncle Elon.
There are no cameras with the same view as the ultrasonics. I can’t imagine them going away any time soon. I wouldn’t mind some additional cameras, though. E.g. front bumper, downward facing under mirrors, etc.