Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So FSD is the fast lane ticket?
Fast S Delivery...
Given my cynicism of Tesla knows no bounds, and given they are clearly prioritizing the high margin Plaids over LRs, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they prioritized LR FSD orders over non-FSD cars since that $10k is pure profit. At least until after the June 30 quarter end date.

1/1/21 order still NADA for me this morning At least I was excited with 6/1-6/30……now 🤷🏻‍♂️View attachment 664598

Same:

Was excited to have a date show for the first time since January. Now back to absolutely nothing. SA stated that it means nothing since those dates change a lot - the prioritized orders are still coming first and soon.

Reactions: baldwin
Given my cynicism of Tesla knows no bounds, and given they are clearly prioritizing the high margin Plaids over LRs, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they prioritized LR FSD orders over non-FSD cars since that $10k is pure profit. At least until after the June 30 quarter end date.
I've got a LR FSD order with Black interior and still on August after being in June for a few days.

Reactions: MattCharleston
I recall they did this, or at least it seemed they did this, with the Model 3 in 2018.

Reactions: JKForum35
Ordered a plaid MSM cream interior on May 8th. Within a day or two it shifted to June 1-30. My first electric car. I’m excited given the incredible straight line performance. My only question is whether the car will corner and handle like I’m hoping it will. Currently own a BMW M5 and a Lamborghini Hurucan Performante which are incredibly fun to drive. If Tesla gets the handling right I may never go back to a gas driven car.
This should answer your question. Although it likely won’t handle like your Lambo. Tesla Model S: Unofficial Laguna Seca Lap Record With Video

I've got a LR FSD order with Black interior and still on August after being in June for a few days.
I think besides not ordering FSD being East coast is another thing that works against prioritization since they can’t ship a car back half of June and ensure it’s delivered by EOQ June 30. That could explain why it’s showing August for an Ohio delivery.

Agree, but ceramic doesn’t give the same protection as ppf. Do both. If you’re buying this car, protect it. Or don’t. To be honest, on my X, I took the “it’s a family car” approach and it’s been much easier to take care of. No PPF and yes, it has scratches, but we use it as we did our minivan and it’s been awesome and it’s held up quite well.

I will say the more you pay to protect it, the more anxious you’ll likely be about making sure it looks “photo shoot” ready all the time.

No matter what, just enjoy it. I have scratches on my X P90D - still goes 0-6 in 3.8 seconds.

I am in the same boat. I never did full or partial PPF on any of my cars- ie. BMW F86, GTR, R8, F Type R, this list goes on. It will only "help" in selling value if you're willing to spend the time doing a private party transaction. Personally, private party sales are a waste of time and not worth the headache. Dealers don't care much about chips/scratches as long as they're not too big and in terms of substantial damage- I have only known one person who paid for a full PPF and got their moneys worth from a falling tree branch. I am more inclined to do a PPF just so car washing saves time and is easier. In the end, it's your property and you should do what makes you happy.

Ordered on 1/21 Long Range w/ FSD. Blank delivery date.