Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered MS Plaid the day of the announcement - in fact, seconds after the announcement. Originally delivery was estimated for March. Then it moved to July. A week ago, it moved to June 01-30. Now my estimated delivery date is July as of July his afternoon.
I also ordered same time. Mine has been moved to July also as of today.

I'm back to "-"

Today I was reading on reddit about the F150 EV Lighting; fun quotes about Ford's recent communication issues / delay

"As a day 1 Bronco reservation holder... Good luck lol. Buckle up for a long ride of missed milestones, poor communication and random delays."

"Bronco is sick as **** but it's still not available. Was supposed to ship 3 months ago and is delayed again and again. Newer orders are getting bumped to model year 2022"

"Even a lot of Day 1 reservation holders were bumped to 2022 MY"

"My brother had a f150 on order for 6 months, just got pushed back another 6 months a week ago, these will taken 5 years to get your order."

TL;DR: it's not just tesla,

Not really going back to the Tesla MS Plaid vs Porsche Taycan discussion but just as an FYI and wanted to know if this has ever happened to a Tesla????

FYI - this happened to me in my 2019 Jaguar I-Pace EV. The thing just DIED in the middle of a busy street. NOT fun! Scary and dangerous!!! 😳☹️

Porsche Taycan investigated for total loss of power while driving

My front motor died while driving 3 years ago (miswired HV from factory - shorted) and my car drove with 9 scary alerts (even kept on with AP). It did not allow me to resume driving after I reached my destination and let the car into park.

Innovation is frikin' hard. I had a startup and we struggled to make a single product. We were a good 3 years behind on prototypes. Forget production and we had some damn bright folks and several innovative patients. Try that on a 10x scale and at volume. The difference was we did not publish or announce off the cuff schedules. On the other hand. We never delivered.

Late is one thing. Never is another.
Totally - I've been involved in a few startups myself, one that was acquired. Making nothing into something was the hardest challenge of my 25 year career.

I had 6/1-6/30, then 6/21-6/30 and now "We will reach out to you."
Sorry but this is pure BS. Ordered October 2020.
Wtf is wrong with this company to treat it's customers like this?
Im in the same boat - oct order in LA. My date is still holding at 6/21-6/23 (just changed from ‘-‘). My stats - MSLR/MSM/Blk/FSD. Hope this provides some insight.

Quick thanks for the folks who have been adding the analytics to the tracking sheet

Youa’re welcome…was just satisfying my curiosity.