Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my tuxedo LR with Arachnid wheels on December 15th. Currently no estimated anything. Blank. Even lost my dash.

I know I am stupid stupid stupid as I have been fooled more than once by Tesla as far as delivery dates. But I am optimistic that we may have a better idea of delivery dates on 6/3.

In my heart, I am sure it will be a depressing day.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
If the conjecture here is to be believed then it seems that Tesla is going out of their way to produce the highest margin they can. I wouldn't be surprised if FSD LRs are the first ones delivered along with the Plaids.
Tesla prioritizes high-margin cars first. I would, too. The difference this time is they offered the lower margin cars for sale at the same time, which I think was a mistake if you were going to bump them to the end of the line. However, I'm guessing the Plaid line is very short--around 10% of orders.

Reactions: Drew-MS
C4D88905-C383-40A8-BD5A-3B758A16EC7A.jpeg
Ordered 1/27/21. LR/Red/Cream/Arachnids/FSD. San Diego. 4th Tesla purchase.

US Senate panel advances EV tax credit up to $12,500

• EV purchase price capped at $80k
  • $7,500 tax credit for EV
  • + $2,500 tax credit if vehicle is produced domestically
  • + $2,500 tax credit if vehicle is built with union labor
So, Ford and GM vehicles will qualify for $12,500 credits and Tesla vehicles will qualify for $10,000 credits if purchase price is under $80,000

US Senate panel advances EV tax credit us to $12,500

• EV purchase price capped at $80k
  • $7,500 tax credit for EV
  • + $2,500 tax credit if vehicle is produced domestically
  • + $2,500 tax credit if vehicle is built with union labor
So, Ford and GM vehicles will qualify for $12,500 credits and Tesla vehicles will qualify for $10,000 credits if purchase price is under $80,000
That might be enough to make me keep the M3 I ordered in April and not the S Plaid I ordered today (still waiting for a delivery date on the X Plaid I ordered in early Feb)

Reactions: HumanInput
Still waiting and twiddling my thumbs, which won’t change for possibly another full year for Plaid+. So, I decided to get in line for the new Hyundai IONIQ 5 after seeing some YouTube videos. Wonder if having two drawn out deliveries will be less anxious than one, haha.

Here’s the main video that put me over the edge (and helped me decide over Model Y, ID.4, Mach-E) for any who are interested:

I was trying to remember which automakers allow you to transfer any hardware or software from one vehicle to the next one you buy…..
The bigger problem is, some of us had Enhanced AP and then paid for FSD when it gave us absolutely nothing - it was a pre-order for a thing that didn’t exist yet. Now it’s been some years and we are ready to trade in the car, but that thing we pre-ordered never arrived. I think they should either refund that money or at least let us put it toward the price of FSD on the new car. But I know that isn’t happening.

In theory, increased trade-in values should help, but I don’t know if they’re actually doing that, or if the amount is meaningful.

Last edited:
This passed committee
If as written passes eventually you can get $10k tax credit on a MS LR with less than $5k extras at time of purchase

“The EV proposal led by Senator Debbie Stabenow, a Michigan Democrat, would boost the $7,500 tax credit by $2,500 for vehicles assembled in the United States and another $2,500 for cars at facilities whose production workers are members of, or represented by, a labor union.
That would mean smaller credits to automakers such as Tesla, Volkswagen and others who do not have U.S. union workers, and companies building EVs outside the United States.”

Reactions: Waverider317