Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m new to the Tesla family (soon to be one day owner of a Tesla), but how do these delivery events work? Like, are people around the country getting their Plaids on the 12th or is it just a Fremont media Elon event? Sorry for the ignorance.
No real rhyme/reason but I would expect the Event will just be a presentation, showing off some stuff, explanation of features, etc. Maybe preview of plaid plus or roadster update, something like that. “delivering now” meaning the first deliveries will be happening. Who knows, they could say delivering by end of month, but either way, its an event for media/consumers/broader market, yes.

I'll be down at Alpharetta center on 6/12 so I'm hopeful by then there will be some MS sitting around for GA peeps. Picking up a MY. Let's test and see if that theory is correct about the nationwide updates considering the delivery party is 6/10 (if it doesn't get delayed again lol)
Say hello to Nafisha from Jim in Charlotte. She helped me pick out my first 2015 MS when she was here. I understand she is the manager now in Alpharetta. She will remember me.

I'm hoping that with the yoke steering wheel it works the way my BMW does, at low speed like in a parking lot the front wheels turn to a greater degree than when you're driving at highway speeds when it tightens up.
Hopefully Tesla provides all the details on the 10th. I’m guessing Tesla had it all figured out since the yoke is so different than anything most of us have ever experienced.

Reactions: GregE and sflgator
This is why I changed my order from the 19's to arachnids. We just don't know the new widths and offsets and I didn't want to be driving any amount of time on the 19's. From all the pictures and videos, the wheels do seem more flush than ever but I may consider a 5mm spacer if they aren't.
I’ve gone back and forth on this 10 times. I hate the 19s. I know I’ll leave the house every day with a “full tank” so the 35 miles shouldn’t matter. Then I worry they’ll push me back in the queue if I switch.

I’ve gone back and forth on this 10 times. I hate the 19s. I know I’ll leave the house every day with a “full tank” so the 35 miles shouldn’t matter. Then I worry they’ll push me back in the queue if I switch.
I’d prefer the arachnids over the 19s but I’m waiting to see what the approved wheels and tires are that are coming “later this year.”

Reactions: Drew-MS
I’m new to the Tesla family (soon to be one day owner of a Tesla), but how do these delivery events work? Like, are people around the country getting their Plaids on the 12th or is it just a Fremont media Elon event? Sorry for the ignorance.
Head over to YouTube and lookup the Model 3 delivery event--I am going to guess it follows that script--Elon will talk about the news cars, maybe go over some of the new features, talk about how hard manufacturing is, then hand over keys to the first batch of deliveries, who I expect will be VIPs, insiders, and employees.

I know. I'm not thrilled either; sold my previous EV in March but ever since all the monkeying around with est delivery dates and delays, I've accepted a July or Aug (hopefully July or sooner) delivery. It is what it is. Don't understand their manufacturing process with the colors/options but be prepared for a delivery in July or Aug.
I don’t understand how the website shows June for new plaid orders but my Plaid order placed a week ago showed June for 1 day and has been blank ever since.
I ordered black int with wood so shouldn’t be any issues. It seems like June is on the site to suck you in and then can just disappear the next day and be replaced with anything. The whole situation is getting very aggravating. If August appears as my est delivery, the website’s June est delivery for new orders is just BS. .

• Funny
Reactions: HumanInput
I ordered on 4/16 MSLR, MSM, 19’s and FSD. Debated back and forth because I didn’t want to lose 10% range. But I also didn’t want to go in the back of the queue. I realized I didn’t care. I wanted the car I wanted if I’m going to spend this much money.

when we first started getting dates, I got delivery date of August. So when I called and switched to arachnids, my SA tells me it won’t put me back in the queue, so I just told them to switch the wheels. They made the switch on 5/17, and then my delivery date goes away two days later when the switch is updated in the system 😂. I’m thinking “wtf, I just went to the back of the line” hahaha. Then, last week, my delivery date popped back to August ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so who knows. I’m glad I did it.

I’m still hopeful I’ll get it sooner because I think people will cancel their orders or decline delivery due to not having financing, etc. so it’ll go to whose next in line.

My original order in early May was Plaid, MSM, 21 inch, cream, carbon, FSD. It showed June delivery for a week or two then went blank and remains that way. Last Thursday I ordered a second car, plaid, 21 inch, MSM, cream, wood, FSD. This order has remained a June deliver since I ordered it. I am not that hung up on carbon so my intention is to take the first car that becomes available. I just had my charger installed so I am ready for a car to show up.

My original order in early May was Plaid, MSM, 21 inch, cream, carbon, FSD. It showed June delivery for a week or two then went blank and remains that way. Last Thursday I ordered a second car, plaid, 21 inch, MSM, cream, wood, FSD. This order has remained a June deliver since I ordered it. I am not that hung up on carbon so my intention is to take the first car that becomes available. I just had my charger installed so I am ready for a car to show up.
Lol if my est date doesn’t show up by the end of the week, I might order another one as well. Let’s hope Tesla doesn’t get mad at us ha 🌝

I don’t understand how the website shows June for new plaid orders but my Plaid order placed a week ago showed June for 1 day and has been blank ever since.
I ordered black int with wood so shouldn’t be any issues. It seems like June is on the site to suck you in and then can just disappear the next day and be replaced with anything. The whole situation is getting very aggravating. If August appears as my est delivery, the website’s June est delivery for new orders is just BS. .
I believe they are totally b.s'ing for June deliveries if ordered in late May or here in early June. Not happening. And yes, it's false, misleading, and deceptive marketing practices.

I believe they are totally b.s'ing for June deliveries if ordered in late May or here in early June. Not happening. And yes, it's false, misleading, and deceptive marketing practices.
I don't think anyone should trust teslas delivery estimates. Just gotta wait until they call you or a vin showing up. Glad mines been blank so I don't have to worry about when it comes, its just going to be a surprise. 😄

Reactions: epotter
I don't think anyone should trust teslas delivery estimates. Just gotta wait until they call you or a vin showing up. Glad mines been blank so I don't have to worry about when it comes, its just going to be a surprise. 😄
Agreed but it's mind boggling that even the Tesla RMs (higher up than the SC Managers) supposedly have no idea on what's going on...until either Elon tweets and/or things just spontaneously happen...VIN assignments, deliveries, etc. Believe it or not, nobody seems to even know just 1 week before deliveries start if the old MS trunk mats fit the new refresh MS trunk (and same for the friggin floor mats)...I mean seriously, can't a RM, SC Mgr, and even a low-level SA simply send an email to SOMEONE in Tesla HQ asking a simple question (and get a simple concrete answer)..."hey guys, do the old floor mats and trunk mat fit the new refresh MS (same dimensions or slightly different dimensions?)?" But, no, just crickets. No answer. No info. Not until the 1st car is actually delivered to another human being and they take out a tape measure to measure the damn things. Really? Oh please; makes no sense. Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Reactions: MattCharleston