Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not everyone lives on the coast. Here in flyover country you could be making $70,000 a year and comfortably buy any Tesla you like other than the 202x Roadster with SpaceX package.

My cost of living is about $35,000 a year not counting any car I decide to buy.
That’s awesome.. unfortunately it’s a lot different where I live. With $70k, even a single person would survive but barely.

Model X has a different audience than Model S.

X has unique tax benefits and depreciation schedules
that are attractive to small profitable business owners. Also for families that need the larger interior space for passengers, child seats and gear.

Also, those incomes are well above average except for major cities with large tech employees.

Reactions: doubleshot
Well, someone went in and walked around the holding yard and took a few videos (look for the others by this guy). The Blue S with white interior he's got at the end [1:33] looks like the IP is missing.
Based on the VIN, its an LR (8th digit is a "5", for Plaid it is "6"), so maybe Plaids are getting priority for whatever trim bits they have

?

Oh you mean the one replying to you? Yeah, well that one wasn't on theme, as it was too serious. I've still got the good one though! So when the other peacockers get online at some point today I can get another 2-3 downvotes (max - no one is buying the Plaid!). ;)

BTW - I was just thinking... at this rate, the Plaid+ first deliveries will be out in less than a year and that thing has a mechanical peacock function! Then all you guys really won't be able to peacock! "Oh bro - you got the Plaid?! Not the Plaid+?! Bro, why'd didn't you just pay the extra money to get all that performance and range?"

Sad life these Plaid peacockers live.
If they wanted to peacock they could buy a cybertruck!

Not everyone lives on the coast. Here in flyover country you could be making $70,000 a year (as an example that is about half of the numbers in the image) and comfortably buy any Tesla you like other than the 202x Roadster with SpaceX package.

My cost of living is about $35,000 a year not counting any car I decide to buy. So putting tens of thousands per year into savings buys a nice car every few years if I want. Having good credit means I can do that with a short term loan near 0% interest, pay it off in 12 months or whatever I feel like.
Cost of living is key! Definitely as important, if not more important than income level. I know some people that make 7 figures annually and don’t have a cent saved because their monthly nut is so high they are still living paycheck to paycheck.

Living in Southern California, I can’t imagine being able to live off of $35k per year. The median price of a house here has surpassed $800k and that is pretty much a fixer upper starter home. The average mortgage is double your annual cost of living. A lower cost of living definitely gives you freedom with your discretionary income, and enables one to purchase luxury items with a much lower household income. In other words, bring on the Tesla Model S!

Last edited:
I understand why people want the plaid. The extra speed and all. But for an extra 40k I would want it to look noticeably hotter. With only Painted calipers and a spoiler to differentiate the 2 vehicles, makes the plaid look the same as LR. An S Mercedes is a nice car but when you pay for the AMG S model, it looks like a really awesome car. You can tell it’s special just by seeing it.

Totally get that. I am in the opposite camp. First thing I will do is de-badge the car. I like the restraint of a bit of CF trim or different caliper color, but each their own. :)

Select the 14-50.

Yeah, I just ordered one of these to keep with me in the car along with the included mobile charger. They USED to include the 14-50 adapter as the standard along with the standard 5-15 adapter.

Cost of living is key! Definitely as important, if not more important than income level. I know some people that make 7 figures annually and don’t have a cent saved because their monthly nut is so high they are still living paycheck to paycheck.

Living in Southern California, I can’t imagine being able to live off of $35k per year. The median price of a house here has surpassed $800k and that is pretty much a fixer upper starter home. The average mortgage is double your annual cost of living. A lower cost of living definitely gives you freedom with your discretionary income.
I feel for ya but the weather is beautiful. To each his own.

Can you post a link to the 14-50 adaptor? tnx
Here you to (select the adaptor form the dropdown): Gen 2 NEMA Adapters

If you have an existing pug and want to see if you can use it, this chart might help identify what it is and the size of the circuit it is sitting on

unnamed-2.gif

Tesla used to wait until mid-December to start coding cars as the following year model, but someone posted a few days back here that around 2019 they began to conform to industry practice (marketing puffery actually) to more September/October production. They had been the odd duck because unlike other manufacturers they don’t do annual facelifts so there wasn’t a “new models arriving” marketing push. But given these are all new MS’s, there’s a possibility all cars produced this year will be 2022s. I’ve seen some new models from GM and Ford come out as early as March be given the following year model designation. Marketers are shameless!
Not necessarily. Tesla SHOULD label all of these VINs as 2022's, but no one knows until we see some VINs.

Tesla DID market some 2020 MS's earlier than normal, around October 2019 IIRC, but this was a "one off" AFAIK.

Reactions: Drew-MS