Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont honestly think even Tesla will do this as it would seriously alienate their customer who bought prior. Now, i do see this for a later year model of the car....
Alienating customers? You know, like delivering cars to people that ordered a week or two ago while giving people who ordered last year the middle finger?

This nonsense is really making me question my Roadster reservation. Give them money years in advance for a slot in line when they’ve shown they’ll screw long time customers who have waited months just to move a car to someone that just made an order.

Alienating customers? You know, like delivering cars to people that ordered a week or two ago while giving people who ordered last year the middle finger?

I'm not defending the lack of communication and "March deliveries" missed, but Tesla does make cars in batches, they have to re-tool for other trims. It would be insanely expensive to switch to a new trim every single time. You just picked a trim or option that wasn't included in the first batches.

My delivery appt is at the delivery center, which is a bit of a hike from the test track where the event is. I would imagine those 22 cars are for test drives, which are often a component of these events--get folks hyped and put some money down.

I am also curious what the flow will be for the event as we'll be starting at the delivery center but then need to make it to the test track to make our chauffeured loop of the track and watch the event.

My delivery appt is at the delivery center, which is a bit of a hike from the test track where the event is. I would imagine those 22 cars are for test drives, which are often a component of these events--get folks hyped and put some money down.

I am also curious what the flow will be for the event as we'll be starting at the delivery center but then need to make it to the test track to make our chauffeured loop of the track and watch the event.
What time do you need to get there? Have you paid for the car already?

You might be right, when they called me they said a driver would take my car around the track. Honestly i'd like to take a tester around and not mine but it will be what it will be.

Last edited:
What's strange to me...we have to assume the LR backlog is, IDK at least 5-10x larger than the Plaid. Supposedly, you can still get a Plaid this month, assuming you choose the wood interior (so obviously a part shortage issue, not a production issue).

They just canceled the very expensive Plaid+, you'd think to help sway people to go up to the Plaid, they would've raised the price on the LR because the gap between the Plaid and LR was already very large.

Anyway, I'm bored, let's talk about charging speed:

The current Model S (err...the last LR model they sold) had this charging rate:

163 miles for 15 minutes, after the latest update to 225kWh.

Now the refresh can add ~20% more range (at least according to the stats online right now) minimum.

Assuming this charging rate stays the same - is this only due to the car now being able to charge at 250kWh (peak)?

Or, what about this speculation where a 93 kWh battery was discovered in the code:

Or, what about this video where this nice lady got some info a while back saying the pack would be OVER 100kWh:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Pack id 93 doesn't mean it's 93kWh, that's just the id number for a new pack.

The most recent battery used in the Model S/X was 104kWh according to the certificate of conformity filed with the EPA. Before that they were 100kWh.

My speculation on charging speed is that the chemistry and cooling is better now, able to match the Model 3 charge curve for charge rate vs SoC. The bigger battery allows it to add more kWh faster, which is how it now beats model 3 charging speeds.

So, the ludicrous mode two motor MS had a 0-60 of 2.4 seconds. Can anyone point to a verifiable physical reason the MSLR is not capable of the same acceleration?

I'm hoping Tesla will be unlocking a paid software update for the LR next year that drops the 0-60 to 2.4 seconds. Does anyone see why this would not be theoretically possible?

Eagerly awaiting tonight. Had a 2016 Model S, currently driving a 2020 M3P stealth, which was purchased as a stop gap until this redesign. Almost bought a Taycan, until they made the S announcement...
I hate myself for loving Tesla, and being so excited about tonight. Sometimes they drive me nuts, but its still the best EV company out there.

I'm one of those guys that rarely comments but reads everything you all write - I'm just as crazy as all of you.
Have Blue/White LR on order...pumped to see what the plaid folks are getting!