Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are many Tesla fans who have wanted a model S for years. Sadly they just can't afford a new one and Tesla keeps raising the bar on them. The new Plaid will make model S THE car to have again. With Tesla selling less model S units from 2017 to 2020 I suspect a strong market for used Model S.
But maybe not as strong as before tonight's announcement.

Outside of the sheer performance, I do not think there will be any surprises that do not also appear in the LR. And I do expect a price increase for the LR to be coming.

What's strange to me...we have to assume the LR backlog is, IDK at least 5-10x larger than the Plaid. Supposedly, you can still get a Plaid this month, assuming you choose the wood interior (so obviously a part shortage issue, not a production issue).

They just canceled the very expensive Plaid+, you'd think to help sway people to go up to the Plaid, they would've raised the price on the LR because the gap between the Plaid and LR was already very large.

Anyway, I'm bored, let's talk about charging speed:

The current Model S (err...the last LR model they sold) had this charging rate:

163 miles for 15 minutes, after the latest update to 225kWh.

Now the refresh can add ~20% more range (at least according to the stats online right now) minimum.

Assuming this charging rate stays the same - is this only due to the car now being able to charge at 250kWh (peak)?

Or, what about this speculation where a 93 kWh battery was discovered in the code:

Or, what about this video where this nice lady got some info a while back saying the pack would be OVER 100kWh:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
My prediction for tonight:
There will not be any surprises on the specs or hardware of the Plaid or LR other than what is on the website.
(Possibly the only surprises are what they have taken away like tilt screen and red calipers.)
There will be some surprises to the new software UI and how it operates.
There will be some 'official' announcement on the FSD "button" and FSD subscriptions.
The main focus will be on the acceleration of the Plaid with test drives along the track and a lot of people screaming "Holy *Sugar*!"

From @gabeincal
1623338293546.png

from MotorTrend the lowest Cd right now is 0.22 -- this is huge!

This says the new Model S will have Cd 0.208

From @gabeincal
View attachment 671623

from MotorTrend the lowest Cd right now is 0.22 -- this is huge!

This says the new Model S will have Cd 0.208

Reactions: EndlessPlaid