Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@omarsultan Couple of questions:

Have you checked the Software screen and looked at the details pop-up that tells you the AP hardware version? I’m curious if there are any changes there (probably not, but would be interesting to learn if there are any).

Does the Service page have the wheel
configuration options? Does it change the rated miles if you set the wheels to the 19” vs 21” options, if they’re present?

Oh and you mentioned not being able to adjust follow distance. On the 3/Y this is done via the scroller wheel, by pushing the right-side one left or right. Do these scrollers also move left to right?
1. No changes
2. Yes, shows options for the 19" and 21" wheels
3. Per the manual, they are not enabled yet

Omar,
I've kept my P90DL for six years now and nearly 100k miles which is much longer than normal for me. The whole reason for doing this was to keep the "+" or firmer suspension shipped with the original PDs (for the first four or five months???).

By chance have you driven an early PD and, if you have, can you provide some insight as to how stiff the car feels in comparison? From a different angle, can you comment on suspension stiffness in comparison to other performance Model S variants?

Thanks!
One more thing--there is this screen under Suspension--not sure if this is new to LR/Plaid or this was in prior versions of the S. TBH, I have just left this in Auto for now.

IMG_0897.jpg

Is it’s possible they are waiting on new epa testing/software and will bump up to range? This happened with the X where we saw a range bump with a software update shortly after new hardware was in place.
They definitely are not final - only the Model S LR has an official EPA estimated number (405 miles) at the moment (meaning it is backed by an official test result). The others are simply estimates (probably based on comprehensive but unofficial testing) at this time. But can discuss in that other thread.

But nominal rated range is kind of unrelated to capacity, in a way. Of course it's related, but in the end it's the product of the energy content of each mile (which is constant, with some significant caveats) and the number of miles that matters.

As mentioned, all of these observations here and in that other thread are related to unlocked capacity. And in the end that's all that matters for the capacity and EPA range. The battery shutoff threshold (and voltage cap) can be chosen however Tesla wishes, and there is possibly some precedent for them unlocking some capacity after initial shipment, by adjusting these limits, in the past. But can't really know whether that is likely, without BMS voltage observations vs. SOC from CAN bus reader and scaling (due to different number of series cells now, low limit and high limit must both be higher, by about 1.2x) to prior observed high/low voltage limits.

Anyway, can discuss in the other thread.

Last edited:
That would be huge if they go back on the $2k discount promised prior refresh.

Please keep us informed on that outcome. I was told it would show up when a VIN is assigned.
There's no way (I hope) they'd go back on that $2k. Have it in writing, so I can't imagine they'd be that bold.

There's no way (I hope) they'd go back on that $2k. Have it in writing, so I can't imagine they'd be that bold.
As a pre-refresh order I began coming to this forum immediately following being promised that $2k credit for converting and have witnessed a thousand pages of angst and frustration that would erupt should that promise be broken. Small in nominal dollars but huge for what it would represent.
Still blank, hoping for July.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Others have explained much better above but again, there is a $50K difference between the two base models or $40K before price increase, period, end of story. I am not lobbying for either. If I had FU money then absolutely I would buy a Plaid. Can I afford a Plaid? Yes, I can. But I would have to cut down or compromise elsewhere.
Yeah. For $50k I could add a decent wine cellar to my home.

As a pre-refresh order I began coming to this forum immediately following being promised that $2k credit for converting and have witnessed a thousand pages of angst and frustration that would erupt should that promise be broken. Small in nominal dollars but huge for what it would represent.
Still blank, hoping for July.
I ordered in dec Lr white 21” wheels rn1142 so I get it. But if they took the 2k discount away I would still buy it if they ever give me a vin or delivery estimate.

Reactions: gadelrosario
I have in writing that they are going to provide me with full self driving “later this year,” but obviously there is zero chance of that. It would be an amusing lawsuit with Tesla arguing (correctly, perhaps) that they aren’t liable because nobody would take what they say seriously.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. You can put the FSD subscription on a credit card ($10,000), but no part of the car buying can be done with any credit card (I tried last Tesla), just the deposit.
Damn. I assumed as much but I was hoping I could just throw it on the amex for points and pay it off the next day. Lol.

Obviously, the base price difference is $40k. But there is no reason why it needs to be an apples to apples comparison. I’m just saying if you had a fully loaded LR order and you decided the Plaid was more important to you, then you might be willing to give up some of the options you had chosen on the LR to move up to the Plaid. The price difference between a fully loaded LR and a base Plaid is only $22k. So, in my particular situation the extra amount for the Plaid is smaller than most would assume.
Well, to beat the proverbial dead horse here, you ARE giving up $20K+ of value in add-ons to get the difference to be “only $22k”, so it does kind of matter that you rather compare apples to apples to make your point valid.

If you were getting the same add-ons on top of the base Plaid for $22k more, then yeah I’m with you. But because you’re not, the difference really isn’t $22k. It’s $22k plus the value of what you’re also giving up…ultimately $40/50k worth depending on when it was ordered.

Either way, I genuinely hope you (and other Plaids) get your VIN soon so they can begin thinking about us poor LR folks.

Well, to beat the proverbial dead horse here, you ARE giving up $20K+ of value in add-ons to get the difference to be “only $22k”, so it does kind of matter that you rather compare apples to apples to make your point valid.

If you were getting the same add-ons on top of the base Plaid for $22k more, then yeah I’m with you. But because you’re not, the difference really isn’t $22k. It’s $22k plus the value of what you’re also giving up…ultimately $40/50k worth depending on when it was ordered.

Either way, I genuinely hope you (and other Plaids) get your VIN soon so they can begin thinking about us poor LR folks.
Yes, this conversation has definitely become a dead horse beating. I don’t disagree with anything you just said. $22k plus the value of what I’m giving up for a Plaid with no options. Or in my case, $28,500 plus the options I’m giving up on the LR.

I simply stated that I have two orders I need to decide between that are X dollars apart. For some reason, people are getting really bent out of shape over this. I’m not really sure why, but I’m definitely done talking about it at this point.

Last edited: