Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @omarsultan First off, thank you so much for all the awesome information, pictures and videos that you've provided us, it's been so helpful! I have a question/request if possible. Last night while on Twitter, there was some speculation about the circled area below. It looks like a piece of glass or plastic, but some were wondering if there's a screen or something hiding behind it. I am doubtful of that, but could you tell us what this is and/or shine a flashlight in there to be extra sure there isn't something hiding in there? :) Thank you again for everything!!

IMG_EAB8F9211557-1.jpeg

i-46KDNBf-X2.jpg

Here is the little screen that was in front of the passenger of the new Tesla Roadster in that same general area.
Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 8.15.58 AM.png

Last edited:
Did anyone who has gotten a VIN have the promised $2k discount for having your order switched? I'm wondering if Tesla still plans on honoring that. It was never added to my order agreement like they promised, and I don't have any official word of it except in a text message from Tesla.
I was promised the 2k pre refresh and 2k discount for FSD because I ordered before announcement. I somehow doubt this will happen. Seeing it along the same line as other January statement of “cars are in production”.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
As an MS owner since 2013, it's NEMA 14-50 any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. A no-brainer in my book, assuming you or your electrician is at least mildly competent.
To make sure I'm understanding, are you specifically saying you'd rather have the 14-50 and use the provided charger as opposed to a dedicated Tesla wall connector? Or are you making the point that you definitely need the 14-50's 50A/240V charging ability as opposed to the 120V basic charging?

Reactions: Laddcruzer
As an MS owner since 2013, it's NEMA 14-50 any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. A no-brainer in my book, assuming you or your electrician is at least mildly competent.
Thanks for confirming this. I think I can install this myself - we decommissioned the hot tub this spring and I will use the breaker for the Tesla charger.

The only thing that's missing is the MS LR - as of right now the delivery estimate is Blank

If all you’re doing is a paper exercise, then you’ll never understand. Once you experience the difference in feel, then you won’t ask the question

Disagree completely. Yes, undoubtedly the difference is undeniable. However, you have to question how and when you'll be able to use it. I went from a M3 LRAWD to a Performance and I have to say I RARELY use the difference in power. Am I upset that I got it? Not at all, but it was only about $5k more when you factor in that I would have bought 19" wheels on the AWD had a i bought it again.

Likewise my weekend car is a pretty fast 911. Are there faster? Sure. Can I use them? No, not unless I start tracking it.

So while this poster may be able to feel and appreciate the difference, it takes someone with a lot of self awareness to admit "that's cool, but I'd rather spend it elsewhere".

Same reason I haven't traded in my M3 and 911 for a Taycan. I'd rather have two different experiences than one, better, EV experience. It just comes down to how you use it and what you value.

I’m curious… besides @omarsultan and @Atomadam, there are 23 other Plaids out in the wild but surprisingly not much content on YouTube or other sources (if any at all). Either that or I’m completely clueless on who to be watching/following in the Tesla world.
Not speaking for @Atomadam but the rest probably have lives :)

I do know one other driver up here in NOrCal that got car on Thursday, but he's not the social media type.

Still August (for two days now):

Your Model S
View Build Details

Close

Your Model S build details​

• Model S Long Range
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 19" Tempest Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
If you would like to make a change it may affect your delivery date and may be subject to a fee.
Reservation Number RN11461XXXX
Price$93,490
(Excludes tax, registration, discounts and fees)
Estimated delivery: August
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Reactions: HumanInput
You guys comparing the LR to Plaid and wondering why it's more expensive ... Go drive a current LR Raven and then go drive the Ludicrous Performance Raven ... there's a substantial difference in feel and acceleration, it isn't minor ... everything about the performance cars are tuned differently ... Telsa doesn't do a good job of expressing it in their (lack of) marketing ...

I have friends with the LR and I have the Performance, we've done this ... try it :D

You guys comparing the LR to Plaid and wondering why it's more expensive ... Go drive a current LR Raven and then go drive the Ludicrous Performance Raven ... there's a substantial difference in feel and acceleration, it isn't minor ... everything about the performance cars are tuned differently ... Telsa doesn't do a good job of expressing it in their (lack of) marketing ...

I have friends with the LR and I have the Performance, we've done this ... try it :D

Not arguing the point that there are upgrades to the Performance. But the current LR is almost equivalent to the Raven Performance. I have had a lot of exotic or high-end cars and none could do 3.1 0-60.

I'd love to hear your comments on ride and feel for full FIRM/SPORT :). I'm hopeful its first gen PD suspension firm/sporty.
I'll try and take it out for a drive I the next day or so and try it out (work is nuts today). I am a fan of stiff suspensions and have had feel-every-expansion-joint cars, so I think I have a decent frame of reference.

Not arguing the point that there are upgrades to the Performance. But the current LR is almost equivalent to the Raven Performance. I have had a lot of exotic or high-end cars and none could do 3.1 0-60.

Without hands on the LR we have no way to know what the differences are ... again ... terrible communication from Tesla on what's up ... the LR will be tuned biased for range ... and we're still not sure what motors the LR is getting ... could be induction in the rear ...

There's just no way a dual motor is going to give you the same visceral feel as a tri-motor ... all that torque in the back ... Personally, I want to experience the apex of what Tesla is offering :cool:

Last edited:
I was promised the 2k pre refresh and 2k discount for FSD because I ordered before announcement. I somehow doubt this will happen. Seeing it along the same line as other January statement of “cars are in production”.

I am new to Tesla so this is not a response based on experience.

I had a wall charger installed:
1) Faster charging rates
2) Cleaner and more convenient
3) Can leave the mobile charger in the vehicle at all times for the road (also bought the needed adapters to charge 14-50 on the road)

Hi @omarsultan First off, thank you so much for all the awesome information, pictures and videos that you've provided us, it's been so helpful! I have a question/request if possible. Last night while on Twitter, there was some speculation about the circled area below. It looks like a piece of glass or plastic, but some were wondering if there's a screen or something hiding behind it. I am doubtful of that, but could you tell us what this is and/or shine a flashlight in there to be extra sure there isn't something hiding in there? :) Thank you again for everything!!

View attachment 673240

View attachment 673241

Here is the little screen that was in front of the passenger of the new Tesla Roadster in that same general area.
View attachment 673243
It is glass/plastic. Imagine removing the main touchscreen, you would see a continuous strip of glass from one side of the cabin to the other. (you kinda get the idea from looking at this pic: 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan

On the driver side, the IC is behind this glass. On the passenger side, there is a vent above the strip. I flashed a high-power flashlight at the glass on the passenger side and there does not appear to be anything behind the glass, but 🤷‍♂️