Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The base price difference is $50k.

If I configure A Blue / White Arachnids LR vs. a Plaid, its $87,990 vs. $137,990. Still the same price delta. Oh, and that's fully 56% more for a plaid than a LR. Just to make the acceleration from "quite fast, thanks" to "absolutely silly". No other features added.

LOL, not sure why you gave this a thumbs down @EVonly. I mean, your situation is whatever it is. But that does not apply to the general public at large.

My prices are right off Tesla's website as of this morning. If I wanted to order today, that's what I'm paying.

Maybe we could have a separate wiki thread strictly for the S LR models.

I’m happy for the plaid people but really want to try to understand the LR delivery schedule.

This makes sense…but, there aren’t any / only a few updates. I _need_ the ten pages in between those to keep me sane 🤪 This isn’t so much updates as it is therapy 😂

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
In a drag run, a spoiler isn't helping any passenger car. By the time you're going fast enough for it to work, you're already no longer limited by traction anyway.
Now on a full drag car, where you're fighting traction the entire run, sure, it will help. But even at the 9 second range, nah.
I haven't added spoilers to my calculations yet but I think it might make it possible to get from 1.99 to 1.98 sec 0-60 (PLAID to PLAID+ times). That's only a 10 ms difference or 0.5% which is 25 pounds of down force.

OK, brain trust, between screen refreshes, take a look at these two pics and tell me what you you think this is for. There is panel below the diffuser on the vehicle centerline. Removing it shows....nothing. Possible plans for a hitch receiver?

View attachment 673267

View attachment 673268
I'm really hoping there will be an official towing option available soon. Thanks Omar for all of your tireless efforts!

LOL, not sure why you gave this a thumbs down @EVonly. I mean, your situation is whatever it is. But that does not apply to the general public at large.

My prices are right off Tesla's website as of this morning. If I wanted to order today, that's what I'm paying.
I can’t believe we are still beating this dead horse. I said I wasn’t going to talk about it anymore, but here we go again. I’m going to give this once last shot because you somehow got offended that I disagreed with you.

I disagreed with you for a couple of reasons. First of all, for existing orders the base price differential is $40k not $50k. Tesla raised the price of the Plaid by $10k last Thursday, but that doesn’t apply to existing orders. Secondly, everyone is stuck on the price difference of identically configured cars. I don’t have identically configured cars because I’m not willing to pay an additional 40K for a Plaid. So, I decided to give up FSD and go with the free exterior color of White. This leaves me with two orders that are $28,500 apart. If I purchase my LR order, I will be spending $28,500 less than the Plaid I have on order. This is a fact!

Everyone has to determine the importance or value they receive from certain options. Some appear to have no intrinsic value. Paint and seat color can change the price of the car by up to $4,500. Some people value FSD and others think it is a scam. I might be willing to pay for FSD if I order the LR, but I’m not willing to pay for it on the Plaid because I have a set limit I’m not willing to surpass on a car purchase. Everything is a trade off and we all need to carefully determine what options are important to us. I am buying one of two cars I have on order and they are $28,500 apart in price. It’s as simple as that.

I promise I’m not going to talk about this anymore. All of my orders still have BLANK delivery dates!

HAHA, not I'm no the social media type, but have been driving around a lot this weekend. I'm getting used to the yoke and whole auto shift, which i'm loving!
A lot of discussion on the Yoke, but very little on the "auto-shift" -- which, for me, is a much more disruptive change.
AFAIK, it's "auto" only when coming out of park, while it's manual (via the center console) in all other cases (I'm thinking parallel parking, for instance).
Have you tried 3-way turns, parallel parking, and other circumstances when you need to change direction several times?

Does anyone have any experience with the time it takes from getting a VIN and the vehicle showing up in the Tesla App?
I think that it won't show up in your app until the car is delivered. I recall that when I got my Y (I already had an S), it did not appear until I picked it up. I think I looked before, but it is possible I was asleep at the switch.

The base price difference is $50k.

If I configure A Blue / White Arachnids LR vs. a Plaid, its $87,990 vs. $137,990. Still the same price delta. Oh, and that's fully 56% more for a plaid than a LR. Just to make the acceleration from "quite fast, thanks" to "absolutely silly". No other features added.
You miss the point.

The Plaid feature is of utmost importance on the tarmac of
- Ocean Drive,
- Bondi Beach,
- Côte d'Azur,
- Venice Beach,
- Dubai (all streets and malls),
- Copacabana and Ipanema,
-Sotchi and similar.

Let alone big boys drag strips and TopGear abandoned air strips.

And of course on the Nürnbergring.

A lot of discussion on the Yoke, but very little on the "auto-shift" -- which, for me, is a much more disruptive change.
AFAIK, it's "auto" only when coming out of park, while it's manual (via the center console) in all other cases (I'm thinking parallel parking, for instance).
Have you tried 3-way turns, parallel parking, and other circumstances when you need to change direction several times?
That is correct, it is only auto shift out of park - even though the Plaid event labeled it as "auto shift". I would not be surprised to see the feature evolve overtime to try to predict shifting from drive to reverse and visa versa.

@omarsultan If you haven't yet, could you please take a picture of the yoke with it pushed as far towards the dash as possible.

Just curious how flush it will be when L3+ FSD is available and you want the yoke out of the way.

Thank you for all or your contributions!!
I doubt most of us will still have this car when that goes live in 10 years. 🤣

You miss the point.

The Plaid feature is of utmost importance on the tarmac of
- Ocean Drive,
- Bondi Beach,
- Côte d'Azur,
- Venice Beach,
- Dubai (all streets and malls),
- Copacabana and Ipanema,
-Sotchi and similar.

Let alone big boys drag strips and TopGear abandoned air strips.

And of course on the Nürnbergring.
Venice Beach, really? I'm not so sure about that. You'd run over oppressed homeless people who can't afford rent in Venice Beach but (I think I'm supposed to assume to be woke) must live there and not in a cheap rural area.