Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am fortunate that my business that I own/run is in an industry where we've seen a decent increase in sales through Covid-19 with no signs of letting up, so it all works out. ;)
I keep trying to convince myself I will open up a business so I can do well which will also help with taxes but man, do I regret not doing it every year when the tax season comes. You are lucky. Congrats

Received another delivery update. Oddly, the date keeps getting moved to an earlier delivery. I have talked to my SA at least weekly for the last 6 months. She has always been upfront and said there is no information. She called when I received the previous delivery window and she said from what she can see my actual delivery date is 6/26. I received the delivery window update below and 26th still stands. I would update the tracking but can’t use work computer and forget when I get home.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I keep trying to convince myself I will open up a business so I can do well which will also help with taxes but man, do I regret not doing it every year when the tax season comes. You are lucky. Congrats
Just remember, going into business means you are trading one boss for many. However many clients/customers you have, each one thinks they should be the most important. It’s great
having a business but brings a lot of stress at time(depending on the type of business of course).

FWIW… I just spoke to someone in Fremont because I’m in a sticky situation where if I don’t apply for a loan today I won’t be able to apply again for 1 to 2 months and I wanted to make sure I was covered if there was a potential for my LR order to be delivered in the next 4 to 6 weeks. I was told nobody is getting an LR right now and they are not even in production and they are not aware when they will be in production and "it’s impossible for someone to have a VIN currently for a LR…". I let her know someone on this thread has one and she said it’s just not true. Take that’s for what it’s worth
We all already know they’re making them, and we know someone with a VIN, and the claimed 1000 cars a week in Q3 (which starts 2 weeks from tomorrow) cannot possibly be all Plaids. Once again we get nonsensical information from an SA!

Hi guys, new to the Tesla club here. After leasing other electric cars for few years, I finally put in a Model S LR RN1151 order last week. Estimated delivery showed September then, and since moved to October and eventually disappeared which seems to be common.
My only issue is, my current Bolt lease ends first week of September, how worried should I be based on the track records?

We all already know they’re making them, and we know someone with a VIN, and the claimed 1000 cars a week in Q3 (which starts 2 weeks from tomorrow) cannot possibly be all Plaids. Once again we get nonsensical information from an SA!
Agree that yes there are some LRs out there, going out for delivery, we've seen too many on the lots sitting.

BUT, they (Elon) said 100 or so a week is a goal for a while, and 1000 a week goal in Q3. I'd take that they get to 1000 a week as a goal by end of Q3. When he said "by" I don't think he necessarily meant it as by/before, but more by/the end of Q3. Companies usually mention a quarter or half of year and hit the very end of that target - the reason they keep it so vague. I don't expect LRs in bulk 1000+ per week until maybe October+ at earliest.

My delivery date is this Sunday at 10am in the San Diego area (Carlsbad) Plaid MSM, 21 inch, cream/walnut, FSD. Wire transfer in progress and getting set for the big day. Very excited.
Awesome - congratulations! I am also picking up from that delivery center for my Red Plaid - hopefully this is a good sign that they are also delivering Plaids for delivery to the west coast!