Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like our Red Plaid dates have been in lock step recently. I’m in Dallas. What part of Texas are you in? FWIW, Mine, which went Blank yesterday, is still blank this morning.
I’m an hour away from Dallas. Red exterior, white interior, CF have had delays. I doubt my date update as I have no VIN yet. I will post as soon as I get one. Keeping fingers crossed.

Comparison of the initial few seconds of the "plain" Plaid run last night (right) vs the DS/Cheetah run this morning (left). A coupel of testing notes:
  • Battery was comparable ~85%
  • The plain run had a better (smoother) road surface
1624022941670.png

Regarding the tilting screen. The rumour is that the hardware is there to tilt it. But Tesla removed it from the website and no mention of it in the manual. Why would they do that? What I am now believing is that Tesla will make this a "paid upgrade" down the road. Perhaps coupled with some games and a video controller. If that is the case, that is so not cool. For those of us who ordered early, it was in the decription of the car that we signed on to purchase. I would like to think Tesla would be better than this and not go this route.

Comparison of the initial few seconds of the "plain" Plaid run last night (right) vs the DS/Cheetah run this morning (left). A coupel of testing notes:
  • Battery was comparable ~85%
  • The plain run had a better (smoother) road surface
View attachment 674796

and you can visually see that the "mean" g's on the plain plaid is lower, like less than 1. And with drag+cheetah your "mean" g's is above 1, in spite of the fact you indicated that the surface was not as good as the plaid only launches. great stuff!

Regarding the tilting screen. The rumour is that the hardware is there to tilt it. But Tesla removed it from the website and no mention of it in the manual. Why would they do that? What I am now believing is that Tesla will make this a "paid upgrade" down the road. Perhaps coupled with some games and a video controller. If that is the case, that is so not cool. For those of us who ordered early, it was in the decription of the car that we signed on to purchase. I would like to think Tesla would be better than this and not go this route.
Welcome to the Tesla family 😂

Same feeling. Not a deal breaker, but not excited about it. I'm curious if a shop like RPM Tesla will offer a workable replacement. I'll be all over that. I can understand Tesla deciding it's cooler, and hey, it's their car, they can sell what they want, but it's still really weird to me that they don't even offer the wheel as an option. Oh well.

I can see a clip on part, with suitable liability warnings.

Call it the MSTW package, Model S Training Wheel...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Went from June to blank. Been blank for a couple weeks. Today it shows June 26- June 30!?!? That’s pretty soon and a pretty narrow span of range of dates.

…but no VIN.

I’m so confused.
hm happening to a few of us. Wonder if they're planning on matching us with the several cars that were parked at Fremont and at third party parking lots and that they are finally out on trucks. Who knows. It really is too short of a window but I am hoping for a pleasant surprise

It really is too short of a window but I am hoping for a pleasant surprise
Is it though? It is eight to 12 days away. Could already be on its way and this is just a back log of manual data entry (hard to imagine, but things never surprise me). The push is then back on you to secure financing (if you are doing that) and add it to insurance (fairly easy process).

Monkey working overtime on my account. Last night my old Plaid+ order was auto-converted to a regular Plaid order and this morning my regular Plaid order (placed on 1/28/21) is now showing June 26-30th after a couple blank weeks. Now I suddenly have two Plaid orders competing with each other. Not sure how best to handle this, I've had no contact from any Tesla SA at any point (which I prefer) but having two identical orders competing seems kinda silly? 🐒

I don't recall any of Tesla's website info saying the screen tilted and nothing said it was a mechanical or electronic tilt. There was lots of speculation here about it. If the hardware is there - and it seems unlikely as the screen is tight to the dash so the mechanism would have to extend it out and then let it tilt - they will enable it by software update. That seems like a big if...