Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah man I hope not. That’s a weird place to put a toll transponder/ RD
Unfortunately, it is true--will be a PIA for me

1624044087305.png

Results from the judges...

Yoke skills 8.7
Transitions 9.2
Performance 9.1
Composition 9.5
Bonus points because we like you so much you are truly a fantastic guy for doing what you have doing for everyone 10.0

Overall Score 9.3
To increase your score, we all would like to see you do this in Plaid mode and repeat the same steps and try to get it done in <2 minutes.
So, like a speed round in Mario Kart?

Volume #3 of Omar's Yoke Adventures is here:

Omar thanks so much for all these pics, videos and general information. I am one of the people who has been skeptical of the yoke. Watching your vids and the progression from Vid 1 to 3 has definitely built some confidence from me. I still worry a tiny bit about the potential issues for dealing with the unknown, but this helps tremendously. Thanks man!

I'm thinking about ditching Full Self Driving for my order. What do folks think? Why keep it? The videos of the Full Self Driving Beta indicate to me that while it is an interesting toy to play with, it wouldn't make driving easier because it is nowhere near reliable enough to remove full attention from driving--not even for one second. In addition, I note that Tesla couldn't get noise cancelling software to work five months after the refresh was supposed to be delivered. Full Self Driving is way harder. So why keep it? Any chance that removing it could delay my car?

Did you find the brake pedal sticking is an issue. I noticed it doing that at 2:13 and 2:34 but not at 4:07.

I don't think it is "sticking", that is the vehicle hold function holding the brakes on until he taps/presses the accelerator. (You can see the "((H))" on the IC indicating that the hold is currently on.)

Way annoyed, had what was a very stable June delivery (unchanged for about 3-4 weeks) pushed to August yesterday.

Just got the call from Fremont, converted to wood trim, no price change, the now expect it by end of month. Fingers crossed.

RN11465XXXX

Brian
Has it updated in your profile yet? They switched me to wood earlier today but it says August despite what I was told on the phone.

Volume #3 of Omar's Yoke Adventures is here:

@omarsultan , first of all thank you for all you continue to do for us here as we await our vehicles. Much appreciated.
Would you consider going back to the Jalopnik “reporter” to give him your post-one week assessment? Your comfort level could mean a lot to potential future customers. And could counter the “haters” that are publishing all of the negativity about the yoke. It certainly has made a great impression on me. Apologies if you’ve already covered this somewhere. Thanks!

I'm thinking about ditching Full Self Driving for my order. What do folks think? Why keep it? The videos of the Full Self Driving Beta indicate to me that while it is an interesting toy to play with, it wouldn't make driving easier because it is nowhere near reliable enough to remove full attention from driving--not even for one second. In addition, I note that Tesla couldn't get noise cancelling software to work five months after the refresh was supposed to be delivered. Full Self Driving is way harder. So why keep it? Any chance that removing it could delay my car?
It shouldn't delay car but never know.

The only reason to keep it if aren't interested in the features as much currently would be:
1) Some code research showed that it would likely go up to $14,000 soon, BUT
2) At the same time, that also showed they would maybe offer EAP again for only $4000 total (included historically navigate on AP, Summon, few others things). You could get just EAP if this is true for only $4K, but if want FSD later you would end up paying $14K total versus just $10K now.

It shouldn't delay car but never know.

The only reason to keep it if aren't interested in the features as much currently would be:
1) Some code research showed that it would likely go up to $14,000 soon, BUT
2) At the same time, that also showed they would maybe offer EAP again for only $4000 total (included historically navigate on AP, Summon, few others things). You could get just EAP if this is true for only $4K, but if want FSD later you would end up paying $14K total versus just $10K now.
3. they may offer a subscription at some unknown price point that you can trial or only subscribe when you need it .

Has it updated in your profile yet? They switched me to wood earlier today but it says August despite what I was told on the phone.
Not updated on profile, still says carbon fiber, so neither date, nor build has updated yet. He said he needed to create a case, and will likely be updated on both by end of day. I was surprised, he provided me his direct dial phone number and said if there are any issues, reach out to him personally.

I am similarly on the fence with the added wrinkle that my Plaid+ order means I can get it for $8000 instead of $10k. I have FSD on two cars, and while I value Nav on Autopilot and lane changing, I just don't know that I value them at $8k. I know it adds other features, none of which I ever use.