Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been checking this forum occasionally, but have never posted. Only writing to let you all know that yesterday I got my VIN and my delivery is scheduled for Monday the 28th at Mt. Kisco NY. I ordered the LR about mid Jan. To be honest, at this point, I almost don't even want to car anymore. I'm pretty over it. Anyhow, just a heads up to those of you awaiting deliveries especially on the East Coast that the cars are indeed coming soon.
If you don't want it, I bet it will find a home :)

So quick update. Thursday a rep from Fremont called to switch trim from CF to wood. Said delivery should happen over next few weeks, no change in price. I agreed, updated about 24 hours later in my account.

yesterday, as I refreshed my account page for the 1000th time that day, I went from blank to an august delivery, wtf. Tried to get in touch with Fremont rep, nothing. Called Devon Dealer, spoke to my SA and another person. Both said that it does look like car is coming in next few weeks, June is a big maybe, based on what it looked like in the system since the CF to Wood switch. But would keep me posted. They said they wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t see a vin very soon.

account still showing august delivery. Based on the recent flyover video and from what I am hearing, if you have wood interior it’s going to come soon. Will keep everyone posted. 🤞🤞

On another note, wishing all of the TMC fathers a Happy Fathers day!

Yet another new first look at the car and Tesla has addressed so many of the Model S' past dings.
Did a Hurucan/M5 person just say the car is "scary fast" :)
I want to be scared pl
For those that got delivery, does the car come with key fobs and key cards or only the key cards?
Comes with both

Thanks. I have been walking on the ledge of jumping ship and staying with Land Rover - always wanted the new Defender, These games are just making me weary. I will sleep on it and see what happens.

I know I will love the S but not sure I really need to keep going. Do not want to do anything knee-jerk. Who's to say that August will not become September, October,... I was originally given February.
Thanks. I have been walking on the ledge of jumping ship and staying with Land Rover - always wanted the new Defender, These games are just making me weary. I will sleep on it and see what happens.

I know I will love the S but not sure I really need to keep going. Do not want to do anything knee-jerk. Who's to say that August will not become September, October,... I was originally given February.
It’s amazing how incredibly bad Tesla is at releasing new cars. Last year I went through this with the Model Y. I got the Y because I didn’t want the S until the refresh. Now I’m going through the same silliness again waiting on the Plaid delivery. All that to say it’s worth waiting.

Funny thing this morning is that my account went back totally blank. Back to not even having the words "Expected Deliver".
I think the car assigned to you yesterday didn’t pass an inspection and was pulled. It happened to one of my colleagues before. Tesla would never admit it but he was buddies with his SA and got the inside scoop. The timing of your assignment makes me a little skeptical of this theory but I think it’s plausible

So quick update. Thursday a rep from Fremont called to switch trim from CF to wood. Said delivery should happen over next few weeks, no change in price. I agreed, updated about 24 hours later in my account.

yesterday, as I refreshed my account page for the 1000th time that day, I went from blank to an august delivery, wtf. Tried to get in touch with Fremont rep, nothing. Called Devon Dealer, spoke to my SA and another person. Both said that it does look like car is coming in next few weeks, June is a big maybe, based on what it looked like in the system since the CF to Wood switch. But would keep me posted. They said they wouldn’t be surprised if I don’t see a vin very soon.

account still showing august delivery. Based on the recent flyover video and from what I am hearing, if you have wood interior it’s going to come soon. Will keep everyone posted. 🤞🤞

On another note, wishing all of the TMC fathers a Happy Fathers day!
Did your “online config” under the “my account” update to wood interior once they made the change? If so, how long after that call did it take to change? I agreed to the update on Friday and it’s still listing carbon fiber.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Here is an "off topic question." Over the years Tesla has regularly changed its referral program. There used to be real benefits for referrals until the "3" came out. Then it became that the referring person and the buying person each would get 1,000 supercharger miles. I did not get the benefit before as I have unlimited supercharging on my current car but the buyer did. I assumed that my purchase of another MS would get me the 1,000 miles as the referred buyer. I have not heard any discussion on this for a while. Did this go away? Or, is it something I should get?

Here is an "off topic question." Over the years Tesla has regularly changed its referral program. There used to be real benefits for referrals until the "3" came out. Then it became that the referring person and the buying person each would get 1,000 supercharger miles. I did not get the benefit before as I have unlimited supercharging on my current car but the buyer did. I assumed that my purchase of another MS would get me the 1,000 miles as the referred buyer. I have not heard any discussion on this for a while. Did this go away? Or, is it something I should get?
This is still available if your referral code is linked to your order number. Did you use your referral code when you placed the order?

If you didn't, just email [email protected] with your RN number in the subject field and give them the referral code you would like to link to your order.

I also find myself refreshing more every day. I have a slight groin pull and doctor told me “no golf” and to take it easy for a week or two. I’m retired. That leaves me with 2 options. First one is watch tv (not bad the past few days as I have been watching the US Open). The second one is to keep visiting this site, read about people receiving vins, then going to account page and keep refreshing.

my big concern is this: after a the waiting and refreshing and conjecture and figuring out delivery logic( if you can call it that);
WILL I BE DISSAPOINTED WITH A CAR I AM PLACING SO MUCH IMPORTANCE ON FOR SO LONG. I think it will be hard to live up to the hype. My hope is since I have never owned an ev or Tesla, I think the new car will keep my excitement level up. OK TIME TO REFRESH AGAIN.

In my M3 2021 I hear nothing in Drive. Only Reverse.

Are you sure? Because the sound is sort of "faint" it isnt that electric whine like in reverse, it sounds more like a fan or something. I also didnt notice it until someone said something and then I paid attention and could hear this, IDK, exhaust fan sound or I guess a plane flying overhead lol

Watch around 1 minute and 30 seconds in.