Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
We ordered Plaid on Jan 29th RN 1443 Blue White CF. Requested last week to change CF to wood and was told configuration changes would be subject to price increases. I asked about people who were able to change with out penality, and was told the only changes approved were Plaid+ to Plaid. We had this same SA for our last Model S in 2018. He was just as bad back then. A far cry from our order in 2015.
Is my SA right? Have any of you who ordered
plaid been able to change without penalty?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Doesnt work for me.
Weird -- probably some operator error -- try this instead:

In fairness, a lot of car companies are having issues at the moment. Parts shortages, chips, etc. At least they started deliveries 🤩
The same can’t be said for last April when I received MY. I ordered the Plaid Monday. Says estimated delivery June. Sales rep calls a day later and says won’t be until September or later. Still says June on website.

No, still getting this error message (might just be a Google issue):
Google Docs encountered an error. Please try reloading this page, or coming back to it in a few minutes.

To learn more about the Google Docs editors, please visit our help center.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.
- The Google Docs Team

Ordered a LR on 5/29 (blue / cream / 19s / no vaporware) in New England. I’ve heard from my SA 1) expect October 2) after plaid event, delivery in no more than 8 weeks 3) expect October. So, par for the course with Tesla.

while I’m here… anyone have experience parking their S mainly outdoors? I have a 3 I’ve parked outdoors for 3 years now that looks perfectly fine; I assume the S will be fine as well… but always nice to hear others give a thumbs up. Anyone with experience coming from a 3 (or 3 series!) to an S who can talk driving dynamics, would greatly appreciate that too.

works for me

Tesla Lottery!! Feel like I hit The Tesla Lottery.. I ordered in February A LR, Blue, Cream, Wood, Arachnids. No delivery date. Last Friday night I ordered same specs in Plaid. And I am taking Delivery Tuesday!! My S/A confirmed my car is in town but no one allowed to see it until engineers from CA fly in to inspect!!. So Excited!
I was at the Tesla facility today. I assume you are picking up in Fort Myers. They have 3 or 4 Plaids in. He said they do extensive inspections. They are not allowed to see it. I am supposed to take delivery of MS LR there on Tuesday but it looks like my car will not get in.for a few days. But yours sounds like it is! Congrats

Yes, although not dedicated cornering lamps. The Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS - no, don't ask why its not AFLS) provides that. The low beam is made up of 4 lighting elements and they appear to be steerable and the car changes beam pattern depending on what you are doing. So, if you are making a turn, it lights the direction you are turning.

My facelift Model S does this too, but there is a certain angle (or when you use the blinkers) where the light in the foglight assembly turns on and provides even more light. Small angles increase the brightness on one of the elements in the headlight, I don't think anything is actually moving in it.

AFAIK, the headlights are unchanged from the most recent pre-refresh headlights (they have the same part number). So it seems like the cornering light has been removed, and now you only get the smaller effect from the headlight.

Used to work fine but error now as well

That's great news - gives me hope, as another CO delivery, of Plaid Blue/Cream/Wood/FSD (but still Blank...) Are you picking up at Denver or Superior?

Anybody think some SCs can get priority over others?
Same thoughts here. My SA gave me the canned "your order is in the queue to be built and we'll let you know once a VIN has been assigned" - Plaid BLK/BLK/Wood/Arachnid, no FSD

I'm picking up at Littleton-Broadway, but hopefully one CO order confirmed means more on the way (and soon!)

Working here.