Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this had been asked.

Does anyone know if the LR has the same sound insulation as the Plaid?

If it didn’t have the same sound dampening and better glass that would be the one thing to make me jump to Plaid. Thanks guys.
pretty sure the LR is the exact same car on the interior minus trim choice & fully perforated seats vs. partially perforated.

Bottom line, they will deliver to you if you ask.
My first Tesla was delivered on a covered flatbed to my house, which I thought was pretty crazy as I had driven to the SC 30mins away to test drive and order it. I didn't have a choice, they just did it. The second one I picked up at the SC, and this one said that delivery wasn't available and to pick a delivery location... so it's all over the place. Personally, I prefer pickup at the SC - just in case anything needs a last minute tweak.

My favorite part about the C8 is all the buttons next to the cup holder. I will never understand this decision.
View attachment 675561

WTH? Reminds me of when I was 12 and thought the quality of a stereo was directly related to the number of dials, switches, knobs, and buttons it had. :)

I bought my S during the last refresh/hw2 rollout and that was super smooth sailing compared to this. No phantom VINs, a relativity short 8 week wait. This is a slow trickle of vehicles too.

What were they doing with the S line from Feb to May?
Apparently there were some unexpected issues they were sorting out.
Production officially started the 3rd -4th week of May.

Spot on @Crb003 - the white wrap is travel protection film. @omarsultan was curious about the black magic that determines which cars get the white wrap and which cars do not - as there is zero consistency. However, it seems that all new Model S are coming with clear PPF along the rear wheel well to prevent rock chips from the front tires. And I think that is stock. Similar to this (Model Y Paint Protection Film), but not nearly as big. Again, I think the OCD Detailing video has a capture of it.
IMG_0034.jpeg

I did receive another text from the delivery people today that they have me in the priority que and still trying to match a vehicle to me at my location.

That's good going forward, but how does a matched VIN just disappear unless the underlying car was lost in transit or something that should be explained to the customer?

I don't have an SA on my LR X order but I would definitely ask what happened and why the VIN you saw is no longer yours. Just to know so it doesn't happen again to you or anyone else without remaining a mystery.

So, glad to see some movement. For those that are likely July/August, anyone else concerned we are getting the misfits from the holding lot???? Seems as though everything being loaded now is coming straight off the line. Not so sure i want the one that was sitting for a couple months waiting on random parts.

To be clear, i will take it......AND... was many blank, august, blank iterations..... went to Blank this morning

That's good going forward, but how does a matched VIN just disappear unless the underlying car was lost in transit or something that should be explained to the customer?

I don't have an SA on my LR X order but I would definitely ask what happened and why the VIN you saw is no longer yours. Just to know so it doesn't happen again to you or anyone else without remaining a mystery.

Afraid to ask...
1624397497296.png

congrats! by chance were you given any dates of est delivery throughout the process? ordered close to you rn close had aug yesterday for first time since it was showing march then april but only showed aug for one day until it went back to the dreaded we will reach out to you
Thank you. Oh god yes I've been given dates. In January, it was March, then blank, then May, then blank, then June, back to blink, then August. It finally went blank again Sunday evening, and now a VIN and an actual date.

So, glad to see some movement. For those that are likely July/August, anyone else concerned we are getting the misfits from the holding lot???? Seems as though everything being loaded now is coming straight off the line. Not so sure i want the one that was sitting for a couple months waiting on random parts.

To be clear, i will take it......
I don't know which is better, the abandoned ones or the ones they rush to produce at the end of the quarter (file footage of EOQ deadline builds attached)

I actually like the Audi S7 (A7) (just returned a Q7 end of lease), different take entirely on how to do a car and gas of course. One of the reasons I am moving to Tesla is a can't stand the dealer sales experience. I would rather no communication at all (ordered December of last year) than communication about needless dealer add-ons, maintenance packages, rim insurance, tire insurance and end of lease protection. The only thing that will fix the sleeze of the car dealer business is when most of them are gone.
I used to dread that 30 minutes to two hours I had to spend with the "business manager" doing paperwork to buy a car. I felt like I was trapped going into battle when I was the customer. Finally got wise and had an attorney do it for me :). That removed the need for a shower each time I took delivery.

Okay, so before you say anything, yes I understand this is over-the-top. I wrote a small python script to watch my Tesla account for changes and to publish those changes to MQTT, which is wired up to my Home Assistant setup. I then wrote an automation in Home Assistant to flash the lights in my office if either 1) a VIN shows up or 2) the delivery date changes. This is gonna save me a lot of time I'd otherwise waste watching paint dry (on my new car). :)
Could you pop all that on github please, I'd like to integrate it to mine as well :D