Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is more time dependent. I think it is good for 30 days and can be extended for another 30 days dependent upon the lender. I would reach out to the bank you received the terms from.
Ah make sense if its only good for 30 days and estimate shows july maybe they dont wanna do the decision before July first week as no idea it could be july 1 for delivery or July 30.. I dont know who the bank is going to be, Sticking with Tesla finance for easy process.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Same NE Florida here as well! Just give us a set date or moth at this point
I’ll even take a set month lol, without a date
Aside from the price, I don't understand why anyone would steal anything.
🤷🏼‍♂️ People were taking TVs during the riots/protests… I guess nothing says “justice for ‘insert name here’” more than a brand new TV in the living room 😅

On a serious note though, Tesla rims are clearly made for efficiency and not looks. Although there’s a set that the Model 3 is rocking that I kind of like.

Seems like no md deliveries yet and if they are probably plaid. Wanted the range and was going to change the tires after purchase but giving the ratio of our state taxes vs # of pot holes not fixed, I figured it would be better for my blood pressure to get the 19's. might call today if a change to 21's would speed it along.. Couldn't imagine driving 21s in philly up 76, id imagine alot of the PA orders have 19s too
It might not be so simple to change at this point. If you do, you’ll get a new date which is similiar to placing a new order and you’re subject to the $10k price increase. I’d recommend leaving it alone. Unless of course you receive a call from a SA offering 21s with faster delivery and no price increase which is highly unlikely.

Yeah, I used black plastidip over the silver wheels on my X. Plastidip is great because if you want to undo it, it peels right off as long as you do at least 3-4 good coats when applying it. Ymmv and it takes some time, but tbh I like that it is easily reversible.
I tried dark grey plastidip on my silver arachnids. It was messy, time consuming, and the biggest pia. I couldn’t get it to look perfect so I pealed it off which was another pia. As mentioned above, ymmv 😬.. in fairness, I don’t think I went thick enough and that’s why it was a pain to peel off.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is actually working out perfectly for me. As I've posted in the past, I never wanted to have one of the first refresh Ss off the line. Let 'em detect and correct some minor manufacturing issues and THEN build my car. I placed my order with the specific intention of letting there be a few months of cars that roll off the line before mine.

"Exactly as I planned it" (not even kidding.)

No delivery date.
The problem with this theory is that our cars will take a few months to get out, but they will likely be one of the cars that have been sitting in a dusty lot for months on end with the silver 19's and other parts stripped off so they could get the Plaid's out. I'd like my car to at least smell new when I get it.

The problem with this theory is that our cars will take a few months to get out, but they will likely be one of the cars that have been sitting in a dusty lot for months on end with the silver 19's and other parts stripped off so they could get the Plaid's out. I'd like my car to at least smell new when I get it.
Does vegan leather even have a smell?

It might not be so simple to change at this point. If you do, you’ll get a new date which is similiar to placing a new order and you’re subject to the $10k price increase. I’d recommend leaving it alone. Unless of course you receive a call from a SA offering 21s with faster delivery and no price increase which is highly unlikely.
I have a LR and site is showing me still the same price. I would have removed FSD by now if I wasnt worried about it hurting the mythical delivery date. At this point I would easily sell 16 shares of tsla to have my car delivered before september. Any order after I will have to cancel anyway as will not be able to pick it up

Funny enough I was thinking the exact same thing. It’ll be those cars that are lined up on dirt against the fence lol

I wonder how many of us did aftermarket 18" to stop the 20" road hazards? I did it after two failures.
Zero chance I'll accept 21" on my new S. I had 19" on my P85D and never had a problem.
I had 21” Arachnids on my S. They looked awesome but the 35 sidewall was a problem with pot holes. After getting several flat tires from avg size pot holes, I said never again. The biggest I’m willing to go are 20s.
Ah make sense if its only good for 30 days and estimate shows july maybe they dont wanna do the decision before July first week as no idea it could be july 1 for delivery or July 30.. I dont know who the bank is going to be, Sticking with Tesla finance for easy process.
if you decide to use your own financing, it’s fairly straightforward.
Monkey giveth and Monkey taketh away. My June 28-30 estimate lasted for 24 hours. Now back to all familiar emptiness
Man, that’s annoying.. until I get a VIN, I’m not taking any delivery estimates serious.

I have a LR and site is showing me still the same price. I would have removed FSD by now if I wasnt worried about it hurting the mythical delivery date. At this point I would easily sell 16 shares of tsla to have my car delivered before september. Any order after I will have to cancel anyway as will not be able to pick it up
You’re right, the price increase was specific to plaid. I hope it works out for you 🍻

Well, there's a higher chance of getting one actually built later if I have a delivery date that's actually later.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My Tesla Plaid is at the dealership and ready to go in Orlando, FL, however they are unable to deliver it due to the DMV not having Plaids in their system. I contacted the director of the DMV for anyone else in Florida who wants to contact them as well. I sold my car already so being without a car due to the DMV is frustrating to say the least.

I tried dark grey plastidip on my silver arachnids. It was messy, time consuming, and the biggest pia. I couldn’t get it to look perfect so I pealed it off which was another pia. As mentioned above, ymmv 😬.. in fairness, I don’t think I went thick enough and that’s why it was a pain to peel off.
I found the key to good plastidip is a ultralight first coat. Just mist it on, not a full wet coat. This gives subsequent coats something to cling to and lay out evenly.