Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That won’t do it. You have to place the order through your referral link. Just send them an email.

You can see if you have any outstanding referrals on order by going into your Tesla app and clicking the treasure box in the upper right hand corner. Then click my referrals and see if you have any orders
Thank you for the email to the referral program. They promptly updated my order. Appreciate it.

time for my daily dose of "IS ANYBODY HOME?!?"

2F49D703-CD62-4AEF-A79D-1F026D796FF3_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi all. I hope you purchase my new book "Diaries from a Blank Delivery Page". It's the trials and tribulations of an October 2020 first time Tesla buyer. The struggles, the highs of getting an estimated date multiple times to having it ripped away, the anxiety, the anger, the price increases, the extra time to ponder wanting to change the color of your car and the interior 1000 times, the wondering if ordering 19's is the holdup because I wanted the extra range and not blow out my tires in an urban jungle, and not being able to plan a vacation because I might have to take delivery of my car at any time. I have yet to write the ending yet. Hoping it will be something that ends with an uplifting and inspirational story of triumph and worth the wait. You can find it in any bookstore in the "First World Problems" section.

Awesome! Just logged in and.... my LR with 19s still states October. I love all of you, but Id be lying if I said I wouldnt skip in line.

That being said, for those whom were here for Tesla's really low ball trade in for my 2021 Model 3 LR, Caravana came in 7k higher, Vroom 9k higher. Going to check Carmax (they want to see it first) when I get a VIN. 11k higher and its theres. LOL.

Apologies to thread highjack, but cant you post for sale on here? If so, can someone link to to where, how, etc? Thanks!

Vroom quoted me $42K 3 weeks ago for my 2018 AWD LR. Made an appointment at Carmax in Norwood MA and spent the two hours to get the same exact number from them this weekend. From what I can tell from message board samples and my experience Vroom seems much more aggressive than anyone else so if you're happy with the number you might want to save the trip.

Of course what I worry about more is - what will prices be in Julaugtembertober when my car is certain to be delivered...

My Tesla Plaid is at the dealership and ready to go in Orlando, FL, however they are unable to deliver it due to the DMV not having Plaids in their system. I contacted the director of the DMV for anyone else in Florida who wants to contact them as well. I sold my car already so being without a car due to the DMV is frustrating to say the least.

Tagging @Psbeattie because he was having the same issue.

Anyone that has a plaid/lr already in-hand. maybe this was asked, but if you have a coffee in one hand, and are steering with the other, let's say steering with Left Hand, and you realize you have to make a quick maneuver, like a sharp left or right turn, and you cannot put the coffee down, is it impossible to do? I just had to do that with my normal steering wheel and it was a breeze, but not sure how that would fair with the yoke steering.

sometimes you're on a road without lights so you're never going to have an opp to stop to take a sip...

Vroom quoted me $42K 3 weeks ago for my 2018 AWD LR. Made an appointment at Carmax in Norwood MA and spent the two hours to get the same exact number from them this weekend. From what I can tell from message board samples and my experience Vroom seems much more aggressive than anyone else so if you're happy with the number you might want to save the trip.

Of course what I worry about more is - what will prices be in Julaugtembertober when my car is certain to be delivered...

Exactly what Im hoping as well.

Anyone that has a plaid/lr already in-hand. maybe this was asked, but if you have a coffee in one hand, and are steering with the other, let's say steering with Left Hand, and you realize you have to make a quick maneuver, like a sharp left or right turn, and you cannot put the coffee down, is it impossible to do? I just had to do that with my normal steering wheel and it was a breeze, but not sure how that would fair with the yoke steering.

sometimes you're on a road without lights so you're never going to have an opp to stop to take a sip...
It's going to work the same way it works with a steering wheel. You have one hand occupied, so you shift the hand on the yoke to your palm and just rotate around.

My Tesla Plaid is at the dealership and ready to go in Orlando, FL, however they are unable to deliver it due to the DMV not having Plaids in their system. I contacted the director of the DMV for anyone else in Florida who wants to contact them as well. I sold my car already so being without a car due to the DMV is frustrating to say the least.

THANK YOU I have been waiting since last Friday too!

Thank you I have been waiting since friday too. in SWFL

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
time for my daily dose of "IS ANYBODY HOME?!?"

View attachment 676643
I try to ride the line between showing frustration and being a d***. My general feeling is if you cross into the latter they’re more likely to say “screw this guy” and ignore you. But with Tesla, who knows what works.