Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read that prices for used cars are showing signs of topping out. It's been a crazy ride and IMHO we are overdue for a correction. I am not an expert in the supply chain but I assume that those issues will be sorted out rather sooner, too.

Used Vehicle Value Index
Yea i also noticed that. A few cars ive been keeping an eye on for prices are finally starting to show price drops and some more than others.

Why would someone pay more to get less with these so called competitors? Lucid has delivered peanuts so far and Porsche Taycan does not offer the range, supercharging network and autopilot. Why even bother with it then? If there were legitimate competitors, thousands of us would've jumped ship long ago instead of dealing with Tesla's horrendous customer service right now. Fact is, there are no true competitors to Tesla and Tesla is aware of this.
The simple fact is that Tesla is comprised of engineers playing at business. Customers are a dime a dozen as long as you innovate fast enough (harsh but likely accurate). It's a true Valley software mindset. I used to attribute the over optimistic dates to engineering eagerness under the guidance that you never attribute to malice that which can be accounted for by incompetence. Now that there is a structural Sales elmenent organized within the company to push EOQ sales by doing things like actively soliciting an order change, I can no longer use that excuse. They know what they are doing and are doing it anyway.

I'm just going to stay engaged with the technology/engineering side of the company and interface with the service side (people in the shop are good eggs and care) and simply avoid the business side of the company. When I do have to interact with the business side, I'll make sure to pay attention to which end of the snake I'm picking up :)

Got my VIN yesterday!!! First time Tesla owner here so beyond ecstatic. White Plaid on 21’s, Black interior, Ebony Decor, FSD. I ordered a Plaid plus on Battery Day, changed to Plaid on 6/9/21. I originally had CF interior and kept getting June, July and blank delivery dates. Last week I changed my trim to Ebony due to the CF delay. The next day I received a June delivery estimate. I woke up this morning an to my surprise I had a VIN with a June 30-July 3 delivery. I hope to get a call today to confirm. Sadly, I’m going on Vacation for 3 weeks starting 6-29 so I’m pretty bummed. Will keep you guys updated!
Congrats but if you miss your delivery date, you may have to wait a while again (unless you pay ahead of time and they deliver it to a friends house.)

Under driving dynamics they list Performance so I was thinking it could be started there. I was wondering if @omarsultan would do us the honor of starting it if he so chooses since he has been just friggin' awesome this whole time and has given us the first real world numbers on this 1020HP Beast.

I have a lot to say about my Ludi's current performance but obviously this is not the place. All I know is I need a Plaid bad!
Sure--would be happy to--thx for the honor :)

I’m in TW and get mine on Monday. Don’t worry… I’m sure u gon b seein me throughout these streets…

LOL, there are so many Teslas in The Woodlands, it's unreal. I lose track of them all. Especially the Model Y. Gawd, they're more popular than Escalades and Infiniti QX80's!

But seriously, I'll be off the end of next week and all of the week of the 5th. Name your favorite coffee place and I'm buying! LOL.

Ok
One of you folks out there messing with ME??????????? You hack my MYTesla page??????

I just got an estimated delivery of JUNE.

IF Tesla does this, and the is a HUGE IF, I'm going to have to eat some serious crow for post #43547!
Nice @lolachampcar , hope you get a VIN soon.
Given you switched to wood trim and kept 19” wheels, it seems the long pole is now CF trim (or white interior, which I didn’t order).

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Whoa, and you have 19s?!
I have 19s too along with white interior and still have June date. I just talked to my SA about changing to 21s. She said she can change it for me but she suggested against it by explaining that they have 14 VINs assigned at their SC, in Cincy, and 1 out of these 14 VINs is actually a 19inch Plaid. So she basically told me if my account is showing June estimated delivery then there is hope that I might get my car next month even though it has 19s.