Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or do yourself a favor and upgrade the audio system. I don‘t care how great people say it sounds, factory speakers and amps are junk.
Bad advice. Tesla tunes the system to get the best accuracy, with the help of digital signal processing. After-market systems could only make things worse, unless all you want is that thumpy bass.

Tesla audio system puts out 960W. Drivers are carefully placed. The limiting factor is the signal source.

BTW, you may void the warranty if you make changes to the audio. Not to mention noise cancelling may not work well.

Could they do torque vectoring through braking on the LR if they wanted? Also, are they doing torque vectoring on the Plaid front this way?
Torque vectoring is the application of power to an individual tire. Using the application of brakes to an individual tire is how standard stability control works in all cars that have stability control. If you’re going into a corner and the car senses that you’re turning the steering wheel more than how much the car is changing direction it’s going to assume you are under steering and it will apply the brakes on the inside rear tire to rotate the car in the direction that you’re trying to steer it. Torque vectoring works under acceleration by applying more power to the outside rear tire to help the car rotate into the turn.

My MSM Plaid is to be delivered to my home tomorrow. Dropped by the Dallas Cedar Springs SC to see if it was in the lot. It was but had not been cleaned yet. I did see a black LR with cream/wood interior and spiders. The black looks amazing in person. Photos do not do it justice. I had originally ordered black but then changed to MSM. Doubt creeping in. Ugh.
PXL_20210627_191309341.MP.jpg
PXL_20210627_190820517.jpg

Bad advice. Tesla tunes the system to get the best accuracy, with the help of digital signal processing. After-market systems could only make things worse, unless all you want is that thumpy bass.

Tesla audio system puts out 960W. Drivers are carefully placed. The limiting factor is the signal source.

BTW, you may void the warranty if you make changes to the audio. Not to mention noise cancelling may not work well.
You have no idea what you are taking about. Do you even understand how noice cancelling works and how it impacts sound quality? Unless you have a clue, you probably shouldn’t comment.

I'm sorry but I really am baffled by all you folks who contact your SA, "call Freemont" or email/text whomever at Tesla to change your refresh MS order (whether a Plaid or LR) just to possibly (b/c it's not even guaranteed you'll take delivery any sooner anyhow AND even if you did...) get your car a little earlier. I mean so many of us have been waiting several months for the car to arrive and be delivered to us, I just don't think it's worth changing CF to Wood interior trim or changing your wheels or changing your car's exterior color to get a $100k - $156k vehicle in a configuration that was NOT your 1st choice. My opinion here but it's odd to me that people feel they cannot wait another few weeks. 🤔

For me, I'm staying with EXACTLY what I ordered on 2/5/21. 😎
I wouldn't change cf or white interior but I really didn't have a preference on the wheels and took the default ones. So I'm ok with changing them to get a car earlier if possible. I returned my leased car so I really need a car...

Or do yourself a favor and upgrade the audio system. I don‘t care how great people say it sounds, factory speakers and amps are junk.

I hope the sound system isn’t that bad. The only decent stock sound system I’ve had in a car was the Meridian in my Range Rover. I’ve don’t aftermarket or just suffered in my other cars.

My 1st post here; been reading for months and many thanks to all for incredible information!!

I ordered a MS LR MSM white interior, 19" on 01/27, RN114418...

Never even drove ANY Tesla before, but read a lot about the technology and being a retired pilot, when the refreshed S was announced, I immediately ordered. Customer experience is important to me, so this ride we have all experienced is simply not to be believed, but no need to rehash when has been stated literally many hundreds of times.

Just returned from the WPB delivery center, my 1st ever visit. A few deliveries taking place, a Plaid awaiting an owner as well as several LR. Cars are simply elegant! While I too would enjoy an immediate delivery (no VIN yet), I agree with several here stating basically, we have all waited far too long, but I would gladly wait longer to get what I wanted as far as colors, options, etc. I upgraded to 21" a week back simply because I feel the 19" look tacky and the Arachnids look elegant. I did consider other advantages of both sizes, but my decision was based on looks.

Best wishes to everyone here and thanks for reading my thoughts...

You do have valid points, but with the big EV push from the government, the market will grow, and probably pretty rapidly. Supercharger network is nice but imagine the government gives let's say Sunoco, Shell, or Exxon a grant to help fund installing some sort of charging stations at all of their gas stations. Obviously I'm not saying it'll definitely happen but there could be a solid plot twist in the near future that'll force Tesla to have to compete with not only performance and price but also customer service.
Yes with Tesla in general, I agree. I was strictly referring to plaid model S. Elon is super focused on performance which is great.. At some point, sure other EVs will be available with plaid performance (or more) but at a much higher price, like Remac’s $2M car. And the LR at $80k, could be the best deal on the market.

Maybe a simple software update is needed.

My sad and lonely wall connector. Without a buddy since February. Been through too many estimated delivery dates/months to count. Currently parked on "July."

View attachment 678496

Mine has been taunting me since February. Well, today I bought what will hopefully be the last tank of gas I buy on a regular basis. Pick up my Electric Smurf on Tuesday.

My MSM Plaid is to be delivered to my home tomorrow. Dropped by the Dallas Cedar Springs SC to see if it was in the lot. It was but had not been cleaned yet. I did see a black LR with cream/wood interior and spiders. The black looks amazing in person. Photos do not do it justice. I had originally ordered black but then changed to MSM. Doubt creeping in. Ugh.View attachment 678535View attachment 678536
Helll yeah.. that black is looking handsome. Lol I did the same as you ugh

My MSM Plaid is to be delivered to my home tomorrow. Dropped by the Dallas Cedar Springs SC to see if it was in the lot. It was but had not been cleaned yet. I did see a black LR with cream/wood interior and spiders. The black looks amazing in person. Photos do not do it justice. I had originally ordered black but then changed to MSM. Doubt creeping in. Ugh.View attachment 678535View attachment 678536
Again, that black with those wheels, super sweet. makes me wish i had powder coated my black stealth 3 wheels a darker color.

Last edited:
What was that I read in an earlier post about low insurance rates on the Model S?
To be fair, they haven't actually crashed yet.

I hope the sound system isn’t that bad. The only decent stock sound system I’ve had in a car was the Meridian in my Range Rover. I’ve don’t aftermarket or just suffered in my other cars.
Agreed. The JLR Meridian system (800w if I recall) was the best audio system I've ever had in one of my cars. It absolutely rocked and from what people are saying about this new Tesla 960w noise-cancelling audio system, it's possible that it may be just as good as the Meridian system. I actually test-drove a 2020 MS Performance back in Feb, 2021 and tested out the audio system (which is a downgrade to what the refresh MS has now) and thought it was fairly decent....not as good as the JLR Meridian system but not bad at all. So, I'm not concerned about the audio system in my MS Plaid.

Reactions: HumanInput