Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True but until that point, is it smarter to burn opex and headcount on more CSRs or more engineers. There is a case to be made for the latter, I mean look at all the folks on this thread.

Understanding that funds are limited, the CSR and Eng do not need to be mutually exclusive, One builds and helps fund the other.

Having a similar issue. I havent found an outlet.

As it stands, if I change the color request on an order from March, on a car they have not made yet, promised a delivery date (currently blank), nor assigned to me, they want $10k more….
Me too. Asked to change to 21" but I was told I'd have to pay the additional 10k and the 4500 for the 21".
Ill just wait ....
Besides I also have a white/cf interior so changing the wheels may not make a difference in delivery time.

Lol yup.. I was so close to ordering a Roadster but decided to wait until it actually exists.. Some folks paid $250k upfront in 2017 for the Founder’s edition which is really mind blowing. I don’t care how much money someone has, having $250k in Tesla’s account for 4+ years makes zero sense.
Indeed, they offered me a no-money-down reservation with my (admittedly small) referral discount, so I figured why not, I don't *have* to take it when it's available but I now can.

Probably only what tesla makes available. I think the store is there already so someone with a car should know specifics. I was supposed to receive mine yesterday but my vin was stolen from me :mad:
What do you mean your Vin was stolen from you? Is that a thing? My car is due in to the dealership today and I am taking delivery tomorrow (hoping they call and move me up if ready today). I will not be pleased after paying for the car in full for them to give the car to someone else. I think that would actually be illegal but who knows.

Again, this is short sighted. I'm not criticizing you, I'm criticizing Tesla.

Yes, you have to fund that entity. But in the long run, it more than pays for itself. Again, this is proven. It is much easier to keep current customers with good customer service than to have to pay to innovate to keep them. Innovation is hard, and it is expensive. And you have a growing number of companies entering the market every day to come steal Tesla's lunch. Yes, they are way behind. But eventually, these products will start eating into their sales.

Again, I'm not making this up. It's well researched, documented and proven. And by combining constant innovation PLUS excellent customer service (hell, even basic customer service would be an improvement), you'd have a dynamite combination and it's just better overall.

Look at Chick Fil A. Their product is inexpensive and market competitive. Arguably, it's not even as good as other competing products (the Popeyes sandwich is better). However, look at their customer service. That takes money to train, but they see it as valuable and make the investment. All to sell you a $9 sandwich meal. And people return and are loyal because of it.

So if CFA can do it, Tesla certainly can afford to do it.
Another factor to consider is where does Tesla actually sit on a spectrum of CS? While I see people’s justifiable frustration on this forum, I have had nothing but positive interactions with Tesla. And rest assured, I am big-time picky. And I own an e-commerce company that is in the process of tearing down our CS department because it does not operate at the level I want.

So I’m not arguing your point at all, I 100% agree with you. What I don’t know is the actual overall CSAT of Tesla customer’s. Our sample data (this forum) is not clean data.

FYI on financing:

I'm taking delivery today, I asked Tesla to reup my financing days ago when I got a VIN, never heard back after the initial email response saying they were going to run it. Luckily I got my local CU to lend to me for it, but they took two days to turn it around. Tesla told me their rate floor is now 2.5, CU gave me 3%. I'm salty I'm not getting the 1.94% Tesla originally got me through chase but that expired. Rates are rising fast. And FWIW that's with a top bracket credit score.

There is no equity / appreciation in any mass produced car. Period.
Not to nitpick and at the risk of going off topic, this is not a “period” situation, plenty of examples of mass produced cars appreciating (especially instantly) upon release/delivery. Many. Your general statement is right, but it’s not a blanket statement, dont want people who may not know better taking it as such. As far as the Plaid….time will tell, but I agree, probably minimal up front benefit and only in the beginning (IE take delivery now, someone will pay $10k over to not wait) but nothing extreme, thats my prediction.

So, 6' and my son is 6'4".

The front has more headroom than our P85, but we had the pano roof in that which cut into headroom so that might not be a fair comparison. Nonetheless, my son is certainly comfortable in the front. The rear seats are supposed to be more reclined than prior models, one benefit of which is a bi more headroom.
I’m interested in this too. I have an easier time with a 3. Instead of “Yoke Adventures” could you do videos of older folks getting in and out of your car? I’m over 50 with a big melon head and a bad back. Have any older relatives nearby? That would be super helpful!

What do you mean your Vin was stolen from you? Is that a thing? My car is due in to the dealership today and I am taking delivery tomorrow (hoping they call and move me up if ready today). I will not be pleased after paying for the car in full for them to give the car to someone else. I think that would actually be illegal but who knows.
I had a vin and a delivery date for yesterday about a week ago. Without explanation my EDD went to blank and my VIN was gone. I'd say you're fine cause I never got a chance to pay.

I imagine for me someone on the west coast got my car for those sweet sweet end of quarter numbers.

Another factor to consider is where does Tesla actually sit on a spectrum of CS? While I see people’s justifiable frustration on this forum, I have had nothing but positive interactions with Tesla. And rest assured, I am big-time picky. And I own an e-commerce company that is in the process of tearing down our CS department because it does not operate at the level I want.

So I’m not arguing your point at all, I 100% agree with you. What I don’t know is the actual overall CSAT of Tesla customer’s. Our sample data (this forum) is not clean data.

I'm on 2 Tesla forums, my local Tesla facebook group and also speaking to random owners here local to me.

All involved indicate that there is either some or a LOT of room for improvement when it comes from customer service.

I had a vin and a delivery date for yesterday about a week ago. Without explanation my EDD went to blank and my VIN was gone. I'd say you're fine cause I never got a chance to pay.

I imagine for me someone on the west coast got my car for those sweet sweet end of quarter numbers.
I’m sorry to hear that, that is insanely frustrating.

So, 6' and my son is 6'4".

The front has more headroom than our P85, but we had the pano roof in that which cut into headroom so that might not be a fair comparison. Nonetheless, my son is certainly comfortable in the front. The rear seats are supposed to be more reclined than prior models, one benefit of which is a bi more headroom.
How comfortable is your son in the back seat?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Back on topic, I have a question for you new owners who have owned previous Model S's:

I've never been that comfortable in a Model S. My Model 3 fits me better. I'm 6'2" and have a taller torso. I've always bumped into headroom issues. Also, the rear seat in the models I have been in (granted I don't think I've sat in anything newer than probably a 2018) has always been low and a little cramped.

With the new seat form factor, has anything changed? Any taller owners a little more comfortable?

Thanks.
Model S/X after 2019 Raven are really very different than pre-raven. I personally sat in 2017 Model S and thought it was a freaking joke for people to pay literally twice the money to get a subpar product. I had a P3D and loved it. However, I test drove a 2020 model S and saw the difference was night and day especially on long drives. I was making 500 miles round trip every weekend last year and model 3 performance gave me ringing in my ear and headache after driving it for a month. That's when I considered taking a test drive in model s and my mind was blown. Air suspension is definitely helpful and makes long drives extremely comfortable. Not to mention the 2020 model s was definitely quieter than my 2019 model 3 too. I am not a 6'2" person but my friend who is 6'5" drove my Model S for a 300 mile road trip and loved it and found it to be comfortable compared to his model 3.

Last edited:
Thats what i think too. Im thinking it will be right around what the 2018+ BMW m5 or the Mercedes e63amg does in performance.

Some LR draggy would be great.. anyone lol ? 🙏

Went here yesterday, and they couldn’t help me. Still don’t have my VIN!! 😡

5016E4F6-E058-46DF-A73F-CA840009A7E7.jpeg