Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting:
  • 245 days
  • 21,168,000 seconds
  • 352,800 minutes
  • 5880 hours
  • 35 weeks
And my estimated delivery is still "BLANK".
Thanks Tesla.
For what it's worth, when Tesla called me to incentivize me to switch to 21's, the quote was 19's would not be shipping "for a few weeks". That was this past Saturday. You're close, it's coming!

Fresh delivery. I do think the gaps on the trunk are a little suspect, but I did accept it and will do a service call. The interior is so much better than prior models, not at all what I was expecting. Seems like the rear screen is very beta with just a few minutes of playing. Haven't actually driven it yet since it freshly detailed and raining. 1 surprise was finding "Insane" and Drag Strip Mode on the LR. And it shows as a 2021 model in my account, was hoping for a 2022.
IMG_0428.jpg
IMG_0429.jpg

Fresh delivery. I do think the gaps on the trunk are a little suspect, but I did accept it and will do a service call. The interior is so much better than prior models, not at all what I was expecting. Seems like the rear screen is very beta with just a few minutes of playing. Haven't actually driven it yet since it freshly detailed and raining. 1 surprise was finding "Insane" and Drag Strip Mode on the LR. And it shows as a 2021 model in my account, was hoping for a 2022.View attachment 679398View attachment 679399
Looks amazing. Congrats!

Fresh delivery. I do think the gaps on the trunk are a little suspect, but I did accept it and will do a service call. The interior is so much better than prior models, not at all what I was expecting. Seems like the rear screen is very beta with just a few minutes of playing. Haven't actually driven it yet since it freshly detailed and raining. 1 surprise was finding "Insane" and Drag Strip Mode on the LR. And it shows as a 2021 model in my account, was hoping for a 2022.View attachment 679398View attachment 679399
Sweet. My config as well.

Well they have now escalated my car issue to the leadership team (whoever they might be). I just want a firm date and delivery. I am still showing it in my account for 2:01 today. Lol. But the car hasn’t left freemont yet. Could not believe the communication could get any worst than the past 6 months, but Tesla managed to surpass it.

I posted this on LR thread. Does anyone here know who or what the Leadership Team is?
YES! The Tesla Leadership Team consists of this guy; he's now in charge of your order, lol. 😜

Attachments

• tesla_monkey.jpg
    tesla_monkey.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Full review when you have a chance. You have a super benchmark from which to compare.

I just saw a FB post from the company who installed my solar system (not Tesla...Panasonic/Solar Edge) who said that they are looking for other vendors to supply them with batteries because Tesla keeps promising then moving around dates for deliveries of Tesla Walls. I guess it's not just the car part of the company but Tesla isn't leading nor the only game in town for solar/home battery technology so it probably won't work out so well for them. 🤷‍♂️

Looks sickkkk.. Congrats !! The white looks really nice with the 21s

Looks amazing the white just works with the black trim and rims. Congrats!

I just saw a FB post from the company who installed my solar system (not Tesla...Panasonic/Solar Edge) who said that they are looking for other vendors to supply them with batteries because Tesla keeps promising then moving around dates for deliveries of Tesla Walls. I guess it's not just the car part of the company but Tesla isn't leading nor the only game in town for solar/home battery technology so it probably won't work out so well for them. 🤷‍♂️
If they need some emotional support, give this website: Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

You might not be able to at this point. May be place a new order. I do think LR is better value than Plaid at this point especially considering how people on LR forums are raving about the acceleration. It tells me that the difference in Plaid and LR is not as much as we all think. After all LR does have the drag strip mode lol. As always Tesla shitting on customers buying the most expensive variant of their production vehicle.
Depends on what vehicles they're coming from. 98% of cars do not have 650+ HP/TQ and do not accelerate form 0-60 in < 3.5 sec. BUT, again, the differences between the MS Plaid and the MS LR are enormous in terms of performance; the Plaid appears to be a whole new animal. Whether or not you think it's worth the extra $40k-$50k depends on a lot of factors and depends on what you think is "fast" and "high performance."

Having test-driven a 2020 MS Performance just one time, I quickly understood what all the fuss was about with Tesla (especially after driving a Jag I-Pace with just 400HP/512 ft/lb TQ for just over 2 years). In the 2020 MSP, I felt like I was in my GT-R but it was silent of course and 100x smoother, silky, awesome tech, and heavy feeling like a tank vs. the GT-R...but the acceleration was similar to the GT-R. I probably could've been quite happy with a new 2021 MS LR with all that power, but I know myself, and as long as I could afford the Plaid, I was going for the top-dog, the one with 1,020HP/1,050 ft/lb TQ...the one that's currently the "quickest production vehicle in the world." 😎

Last edited:
I've handed them a personal check every time so far and I intend on doing the same for these next two.
Yeah, that will work then...I'll ask when I get a VIN and coordinate on a delivery date (hopefully before Aug). You're close by and awaiting a MS LR as well...any news for you from your SA or Tesla Corp on your MS LR VIN & delivery?