Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My only other complaint is receiving a 2021 in the 3rd quarter of 2021.
Thinking you’ll be getting a 2021 in March of ‘21 seemed like a better deal. Just venting a little
Just remember that model years mean nothing to Tesla. They are not traditional manufactures where they make all 2021 models the exact same configuration and then you time it right to get a 2022. Or you can pick and choose, 2021 and pay less to take it off the lot or 2022 and pay more for the "latest" tech. Tesla is constantly changing and improving their cars. For example, I think they randomly added the wireless charger to the 3. They also randomly changed the Model Y taillights. Those did not happen with a "traditional" model year change.

In all fairness I had an LR order since the announcement.
It's not your fault by any means - I get it. It's the way that Tesla is handling this backlog of orders that is exasperating and it sets a bad taste for those who ordered LONG ago. I've got an X LR on order and hopefully get it roughly the time they're now predicting. 6 months is a long time to wait for something to be delivered and there's those who haven't received any updates even though they ordered earlier than December. I'll get pissed if last minute orders get fulfilled before mine, and I'm hoping Tesla can pull up it's sleeves and get orders fulfilled for those who ordered before me.

Is there any REAL downfall with ordering say 10 cars with all different builds to see what gets through first?
I like the way you think. I told my SA I'm open to several variations to what I ordered in case there's a cancellation. I'm not locked into a particular color. If nothing else, making ten orders online will mess with Elon's projected sales numbers for a while....a little poetic justice i guess

After less than a full day of having my MSLR I am very satisfied. Fit and finish seem very good and I've only noticed the stuff that has been mentioned that is currently not functional. The yoke is not as weird as you'd think. I'm already getting used to it. It is very wide feeling, but with the armrests on both sides it's far from uncomfortable. Panel gaps are minimal and the overall look is awesome. (I love the Arachnids) The only real issue I'm facing is the learning curve on the screen. Some things feel less than intuitive, but I'm sure that more my fault than the cars. I'll get some good photos up once the weather here stabilizes.

Things that do NOT work well:
  1. Frunk opening with the keyfob. This takes 4-5 tries to make it work.
  2. Rear seat release switches. I think if there's any tension from the seatbelts on the seats, the switch appears to not work.
  3. The video entertainment in the back seat. The selection screen appears when you press the screen icon for it. After that, clicking any of the apps doesn't do anything. I have not tried any video on the front screen.
  4. As others have mentioned, the "phone as a key" process doesn't work at all. When you press that in the mobile app nothing happens.
If I can answer anything for LR (or Plaid) folks, just let me know!
Congrats on your car - hopefully the little glitches will get resolved shortly. I believe there is a dragstrip mode on the LR? Does it also have/go into the cheetah stance? Just curious. Thanks!!!!

I just saw 4 new Model S at the local service center. First of all, that new front end looks amazing and makes the car look much better overall.

The interior looks incredible. Pictures really don't do it justice at all. It looks plush, certainly on par with any $80-100k bmw or Audi. It's striking and clearly a very large leap in the right direction.

"There's nothing different about it!"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Only bad thing I noticed was the rear door trim, yup, design flaw, all the rear doors on all the vehicles are misaligned. However, I'd probably just get over it. Everything else looks really solid. I can't believe the quality of the interior. Wow.

Oh the had 3 MSM and 1 white. The MSM looks good but the white definitely popped. White on white @sflgator - looked so good I contemplated changing back.

The 21inch wheels are 👌they look better in person also.

Just remember that model years mean nothing to Tesla. They are not traditional manufactures where they make all 2021 models the exact same configuration and then you time it right to get a 2022. Or you can pick and choose, 2021 and pay less to take it off the lot or 2022 and pay more for the "latest" tech. Tesla is constantly changing and improving their cars. For example, I think they randomly added the wireless charger to the 3. They also randomly changed the Model Y taillights. Those did not happen with a "traditional" model year change.
Agree 100%... however, non-Tesla folks aren’t aware of this. If a 2021 and 2022 (identical car) are sold privately or to Carvanna, I’ll speculate the 2022 will be worth slightly more. Not really worried about it though tbh

I guess I was mixing the overall car experience with the braking experience. To be clearer...the braking on the Tesla seems 100% fine. Certainly for street use they are. Track, I have no way of knowing yet.

As far as the driving dynamics of the S vs. a 911, that's actually what I meant in regard to being completely different, as expected of course. Both perform their own mission with aplomb. Both are fantastic cars. Just so happens for my current life situation the Tesla fits me much better. And I really love everything about the S so far...it's an entire new level of tech and power that I'm really surprised is even being produced.
Great to hear! 👍

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi Gang, I'm on the fence about adding FSD. On the one hand, it seems kinda half backed, and I've seen polarizing responses - "it's great...it's terrible" etc. - on the other hand, I have FOMO. On the lease, it's about $150/month - I'm a gadget guy - for $150/month is it worth it? (If it helps me avoid scratching against the garage I suppose it is - if I summon and it clips a car (as I read about) then definitely not. I'd appreciate some thoughts, thanks! (I imagine the subscription would be $200/month or so - and I doubt I'd turn on or off...kinda talking myself into adding it) - thanks!

People always complain about lack of bass, in the case of the fresher model S, its the higher end of range as well. B&O is a good audio engineering company but they are what Bose used to be. They spend more on marketing then they do on R & D. There are some smaller lesser known company‘s that blow them away. With regards to pictures, if you‘re looking for idea’s his website shows prior jobs he has done. He is a true artist at what he does, I did a lot of research on this subject. His name is Matt Schaeffer at Musaicdesign.com. I am also going to have him install an Laser/Radar stealth system. Basically decided in my head, because I bought the LR as opposed to the Plaid, I needed to go spend the difference on PPF, Audio and Laser/Radar stuff.
Hah, I was considering him for a stealth setup myself. He's good with the plastic

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Agree 100%... however, non-Tesla folks aren’t aware of this. If a 2021 and 2022 (identical car) are sold privately or to Carvanna, I’ll speculate the 2022 will be worth slightly more. Not really worried about it though tbh
Fair point and I wold entirely speculate that those dealers are likely taking advantage of that as well - selling "2022" (in the future) models for higher prices when there is minimal (if any all) difference.

Hi Gang, I'm on the fence about adding FSD. On the one hand, it seems kinda half backed, and I've seen polarizing responses - "it's great...it's terrible" etc. - on the other hand, I have FOMO. On the lease, it's about $150/month - I'm a gadget guy - for $150/month is it worth it? (If it helps me avoid scratching against the garage I suppose it is - if I summon and it clips a car (as I read about) then definitely not. I'd appreciate some thoughts, thanks! (I imagine the subscription would be $200/month or so - and I doubt I'd turn on or off...kinda talking myself into adding it) - thanks!
If you are on the fence AND on a lease - I would not do it. You might never see the value during your lease terms. Not sure if you can recoup any of that at the end of the lease. Someone else who has leased AND bought FSD can comment.

I would suggest waiting for the FSD subscription - coming in two weeks likely, six months definitely #ElonTime

If you're leasing, 110% don't get FSD. Wait for the subscription. It's not going to help you scratch against the garage. If anything, it'll cause it.

My old car had EAP which has most of the FSD features. My new car has basic AP. I'm not missing much. But you'll certainly find better uses for the $150 / month.

Congrats on your car - hopefully the little glitches will get resolved shortly. I believe there is a dragstrip mode on the LR? Does it also have/go into the cheetah stance? Just curious. Thanks!!!!
There is a button for dragstrip mode on the LR. I haven't dared to push it though. I need to get more comfortable with the car before trying that. It does automatically go to the lowest ride height over 30mph unless you disable it.