Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad truth is if that was to happen, a bunch of people on this forum will gobble it up without a problem. I mean people don't care about the range anymore for some reason? But to each his own I guess.
Not gonna lie, I'd be one of those people if it came down to it. Since I'm getting aftermarket 20s, I'd prefer the 19s (silver or gray) for winter set-up.

By that logic a car delivered in November is sure to have these “incremental” improvements and possibly be a 2022 vin, a win win for a person who waits.
What I’m trying to say is that a car that is a “2022” is most likely not going to be any different than a “2021”, as Tesla does not batch changes. Whenever they can, they do…

Call the store, they will handle it
Unsuccessful attempt today.. When I asked the TA if they have a spare Plaid in my config (except with 21s,) ... 5 seconds of silence... then in a friendly tone, "you're asking if we have an extra plaid model s? No, they've all been accounted for." Then politely confirmed I don't have a VIN yet which I already knew :(

Looks like my Plaid did not make it out of Fremont in time for EOQ delivery today. Hopefully, I can still get it by the end of the week! Any update on yours, @EVonly?
Bummer - sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you will still get it in the next few days.

I was told my car was on a truck passing through Ontario, CA around 3:00 PM PST. My delivery window is only until 6:00 pm, so I don’t think they will make that window. I would assume the car still needs to go to the Carlsbad delivery center before they prep it for delivery. My SA said they would be delivering cars all night, so I’m still hoping to receive the car today. Hoping it isn’t another Tesla mirage.

I was just at the Raleigh service & sales center to see what's going on. A very luck guy was picking up a Black / Black LR that went unclaimed yesterday. Similar to what others have said elsewhere, the local shop found the alternative buyer locally. Not my color scheme, as I've done the Black exterior enough times that I don't want the hassle of trying to keep it clean, but I can't deny I was a little miffed for those have had orders out there for a while.

I posted this on Reddit as well, but WOW DOES THIS THING CHARGE FAST!!! Plaid is ~460V at 90% SOC. Just charged 15% > 90% in 35 minutes. Wow.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 6.01.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 6.01.59 PM.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 83
So I called. The person on the other end said that they don't anticipate my car today and that it hasn't even been transported from Fremont yet. This is unreal. I took a half day off work to handle this and now I have to most likely do it again later this week or the next. She couldn't give me a timeframe of delivery and stated they would contact me in 24-48 hours with further instructions. This car is a real inconvenience. As a first time buyer this is a souring experience. Sick of checking my phone and the website. One more mess up and I am officially done with this car. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a dang expensive toy.

Greg
It's honestly pathethic. There is no excuse for this level of bad customer service. If I ever get this car, it will be my first and last Tesla. I will never go through this experience again. And I have a feeling a lot of other people will do the same when the real competition begins in a few years.

Hopefully this isn't too frowned upon to post here, but I created a thread to track known issues with the 2021 MS Plaid/LR refresh.

bro your car looks amazing.

It's honestly pathethic. There is no excuse for this level of bad customer service. If I ever get this car, it will be my first and last Tesla. I will never go through this experience again. And I have a feeling a lot of other people will do the same when the real competition begins in a few years.
So true. I’ll wait this out but when it comes time to replace it I’ll shop Lucid and whoever else is selling EVs first. And the only Tesla I would even consider would be one already in inventory.

Nah! There's always an excuse for this kind of treatment of customer when it comes to Tesla and its defenders on there forums. It's a sad reality.
Hopefully the upcoming responses from cultists will make your pain bearable. Wait for them to tell you this:
"Don't buy it or deal with it."
"When you get the car you'll know it was all worth it"
😂

To be honest, I've had a Ford Bronco ordered for 1 year, Don't see it coming till next year sometime due to part shortages. The MS LR I ordered was for the wife. At least Ford has sent me emails explaining why its delayed and they have 200,000 reservations. I'm guessing MSLR and PLAIDS are in the 30k range for reservations. But customers on Bronco forum feel much like everyone here does, so guess I'll wait ti we all get back to "normal" before I make judgement on either.