Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey I'm still creeping around here. @Hayseed_MS is too good for us peasants now that he has his car. Probably out looking for a second wife. At least that's what I'm going to be doing once I get mine.

It is more like serfs than actual peasants... 🤣
Been getting back my life after living with this therapy group for six months. Taking tomorrow off so we can drive almost 2 hours each way to a pizza place down south for lunch - just an excuse to drive this car. Again, amazed I just have not done this sooner. The yoke is great - I do not get all the hate from those that have not even seen one in person.

It is more like serfs than actual peasants... 🤣
Been getting back my life after living with this therapy group for six months. Taking tomorrow off so we can drive almost 2 hours each way to a pizza place down south for lunch - just an excuse to drive this car. Again, amazed I just have not done this sooner. The yoke is great - I do not get all the hate from those that have not even seen one in person.

on the yoke: Geezers man. Geezers.

All friends here! Finding a place around where I live to do a proper run safely and without fear or getting a ticket isn’t easy. i will say this, the run i posted was one run on the way to work, no launch mode used, terrible surface in a car park, complete rookie with below average conditions…my point of posting the 0-60 was to show if the car can do that (0.15 below advertised speed) without really trying to maximize the performance then… wow… blown away… I would say this, if you are looking to order and you are indifferent financially between the LR and Plaid then order the Plaid… if you just want a super fast car and you don’t mind a few cars faster than you then order the LR… admittedly I am a first time tesla owner but pretty confident I am faster 0-100 than the majority of cars on the road, its a rocket ship…either way you’ll be happy
I must admit I am attracted to the Plaid because it's faster than any other stock production vehicle (for now anyways). And going fast (safely!) is fun!

I am noticing a common theme here. People bitch until they get their car.

does the ventilation blow air out or suck air in? If it blows air out, is it actually AC air when on cool?
Blows air. I think it just uses the cabin air, so it is indirectly using cooled air when the AC is on.

All friends here! Finding a place around where I live to do a proper run safely and without fear or getting a ticket isn’t easy. i will say this, the run i posted was one run on the way to work, no launch mode used, terrible surface in a car park, complete rookie with below average conditions…my point of posting the 0-60 was to show if the car can do that (0.15 below advertised speed) without really trying to maximize the performance then… wow… blown away… I would say this, if you are looking to order and you are indifferent financially between the LR and Plaid then order the Plaid… if you just want a super fast car and you don’t mind a few cars faster than you then order the LR… admittedly I am a first time tesla owner but pretty confident I am faster 0-100 than the majority of cars on the road, its a rocket ship…either way you’ll be happy
Agree--a 1/4 mile run is going to hard to pull off on public roads given the expected trap speed.

Heck yeah brother! 👍 👍

And, interestingly, my perception of cars have completely changed. My brain now equates cars that look like Plaid as fast, and traditional lower cost sports cars such as Corvette's, Mustang's, etc. as "slow looking". Heck even Ferrari's and Lambos look slow to me now...LOL. This used not to be the case at all!

And, interestingly, my perception of cars have completely changed. My brain now equates cars that look like Plaid as fast, and traditional lower cost sports cars such as Corvette's, Mustang's, etc. as "slow looking". Heck even Ferrari's and Lambos look slow to me now...LOL. This used not to be the case at all!
Same here! They are now just cars that can make good noises and go pretty fast, but not Plaid speed. It's pretty crazy how we now equate a really fast car to a 4-door sedan! It's so awesome!😍

Same here! They are now just cars that can make good noises and go pretty fast, but not Plaid speed. It's pretty crazy how we now equate a really fast car to a 4-door sedan! It's so awesome!😍
They should use some plaid speed and get me a car. I also was attracted mostly by the speed top end power as well interior refresh. I always liked sleeper cars. Cant wait honestly. I was exited when i got my Performance S but this is special. Again was driving a lot of fast cars in the past. This one is next level.

does the ventilation blow air out or suck air in? If it blows air out, is it actually AC air when on cool?

Well maybe because this is the delivery thread so those people now go to the howto thread.
I keep coming back to delivery thread because it is automatic for me to come here after
Checking this thread 20 times per
Day for 6 months.
And I really do enjoy the people on this thread. I don’t want to make anyone feel like an abandoned child