Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Plaid is faster than a GT3 on track over 1 lap with cup 2 R’s and track package probably. No way a Plaid with stock brakes is going to perform like that, the brakes would probably melt after a lap. Two completely different cars. A GT3 is a nimble sports car you can drive session after session on a track and be fine right out of the box. I wouldn’t trade my GT3 for the upcoming Roadster even. The visceral feeling your get in a GT3 is unsurpassed.

Good point. See my post above. We agree

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The Plaid is faster than a GT3 on track over 1 lap with cup 2 R’s and track package probably. No way a Plaid with stock brakes is going to perform like that, the brakes would probably melt after a lap. Two completely different cars. A GT3 is a nimble sports car you can drive session after session on a track and be fine right out of the box. I wouldn’t trade my GT3 for the upcoming Roadster even. The visceral feeling your get in a GT3 is unsurpassed.
@dortor4ev Can chime in on his experience with EV vs GT3 on track.

Update on above: I am getting used to the yoke. I would even venture to say that most of the time, it's fun and relaxing to use. It's cool to be able to see the area where a wheel would normally be situated.

I tolerate the stalkless turn signals and they are not terribly hard to use. I don't mind gear shifting either.

At this point, I think my biggest concern with all the basic driving changes is a situation in which you might have to act suddenly from an unexpected situation (car backing out of a driveway in front of you or something). Otherwise, I will admit that I seem to be adapting to all the new technology.
Second Update:
Love the car. Breathtaking. Face melting acceleration. Yoke is actually fun at this point. Stalkless is still a bit annoying. Here's the crazy part: I am considering selling it. The car is totally amazing, but I am a bit older than I was when I bought my first MS in 2012. For the last three years, I got used to the ease of stepping in and out of the MX. My old body is telling me that it would kindly appreciate it if I were to go back to that kind of vehicle.

I bought the Plaid prior to the price increase, so if you reserved one after the price increase, there may be a savings here.

I am not 100% decided on this, but would like to gauge interest.

I know this is not a marketplace forum, but this is likely the most commonly visited thread. I have a post in the "Tesla For Sale" forum here. Please feel free to PM me if you want to set up a phone call.

We all have a vested interest in Tesla speeding up production. Let’s try a thought experiment, how would you optimize production to maximize output for cars #2+ because obviously #1 off the line would be your own 😂

Here’s what I would hope for:
1) Batch orders received within a two week period for maximum efficiency, or any time period of fewer than two weeks of backlog exists—eliminate any that have an item with supply chain issues (build up supply the whole time though)

2) Batch production by location and volume—areas with most popularity get vehicles first and location being the first grouping minimizes logistic costs. If extra spaces exist on the logistics transport, pull in additional orders into step #1, until the carrier is full.

3) Produce cars by color based on groups of locations (3-5 states at a time)

4) Ship and make $$$

——

This was actually more difficult than I thought at first because you need to prioritize logistics/supply chain/spend by the company while also maximizing output.

I would hope Tesla uses an efficient system, but we saw today’s VINs assigned all over the US, so they are either filling in extra carrier slots from M3/MY shipments with a MS, or their system design needs work.
IIRC, the first thing they batch on is color, because it takes so long to switch over the paint shop--something like a full day.

Second Update:
Love the car. Breathtaking. Face melting acceleration. Yoke is actually fun at this point. Stalkless is still a bit annoying. Here's the crazy part: I am considering selling it. The car is totally amazing, but I am a bit older than I was when I bought my first MS in 2012. For the last three years, I got used to the ease of stepping in and out of the MX. My old body is telling me that it would kindly appreciate it if I were to go back to that kind of vehicle.

I bought the Plaid prior to the price increase, so if you reserved one after the price increase, there may be a savings here.

I am not 100% decided on this, but would like to gauge interest.

I know this is not a marketplace forum, but this is likely the most commonly visited thread. I have a post in the "Tesla For Sale" forum here. Please feel free to PM me if you want to set up a phone call.
How much ?
pm sent

Undecided. Not looking to make anything, just don't want to lose. Only variable that is unclear is sales tax. I haven't paid it yet. Do any accountants out there know if there is a sales tax event if I buy and sell this prior to paying the sales tax?
Fair enough, let me know when you’ve decided. Not sure about the sales tax. Happy to give you what you paid.

Several months ago while driving on the freeway, I received a message on the display in my Model 3 with 19" wheels that one of the front tires was rapidly losing air pressure. I immediately pulled over as the tire was going flat. I called Tesla and a tow truck arrived within 30 minutes. The tow truck (flat bed) took my vehicle and me home (~ 20 miles) and placed my car in the driveway. Next morning Tesla mobile service arrived and replaced the tire. It was all contactless. Smooth as silk.
I have not had a issue, but my wife wiht the 20s on her X. Both times, the experience was great. Both times roadside assistance gave her a spare so she could drive to a service center and fix the tire. The issue I have seen is if its a busy weekend and they run out of spares, then they are flat bedding it somewhere.