Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would suck as I just bought a new Valentine radar detector and my car is supposed to come next Week. Please keep us posted if you are able to confirm. I hope if there is a metallic coating it has some open spaces for toll tags and Radar detectors

I believe the owners manual shows the blank space to be down in the lower right corner.

Good morning, TMC FORUM!

it's a special day for me today. Today is officially six months since my original order. You'll NEVER believe the next part! I have zero, none, zilch, nada communication or idea as to when I'm getting my car. I'M. STILL. BLANK!!!!

200.gif

Good morning, TMC FORUM!

it's a special day for me today. Today is officially six months since my original order. You'll NEVER believe the next part! I have zero, none, zilch, nada communication or idea as to when I'm getting my car. I'M. STILL. BLANK!!!!

View attachment 682206
But some people have already got their cars and been driving them a couple of weeks after ordering. Unreal.

Yeah the gear selection was a little squishy. To manually bring up the console shifter, press both thumbwheels for about 3 sec or so--it takes a bit of finesse--too short and it doesn't take and too long and you reboot the car. :)
(Question for any refresh owner)

I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but how well do you feel the auto gear selection works? Maybe there's a video of that in action? I don't remember seeing one but I may have missed it.

The only one I saw was of a tint shop owner trying it on a customer Plaid, but it didn't look like he really knew how to make it work. I expect if you want the car to select reverse, for example, you may need to turn, stop, then turn the wheel the other way like you're going to back in. He just turned, stopped, then expected the car to shift.

Are you sure the insurance info is needed to get a delivery date? The page says proof of insurance is required to “take” delivery, not arrange delivery.
I'm almost certain that you will be passed over if you have any outstanding actions to complete on that page. I spoke to an SA that actually sounded like they were reasonably well informed the other day and they said 3 of the 8 refresh MSs they delivered last quarter went to people that weren't the original person they were planned for because they had not completed everything in their "my Tesla" page - which, after asking, I found out is what they call that status page that shows EDD.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Congrats on your new MS LR! Looks phenomenal…nice color combo. 😉. Since this is your 3rd Tesla, you must know the answer to this question…how can you get a loaner car for when you take your new MS in for warranty service? I’m hearing lots of answers from lots of different people all over the Internet so I think it’s best to go to people who’ve had many Tesla MS vehicles. Thank you.
When I brought my car in twice (once for MCU2 upgrade and once for windshield replacement) I found that requesting a loaner in the app during the initial ticket entry and picking the first time of the day works best. Could get Tesla loaner the first time and ICE loaner the second time. Most recently was about 2 months ago. Could be service center location dependent I suppose.

Dear Elon,
Today is my birthday. Would it be possible for you to give me my VIN today to celebrate?

Thanks,
Cysco

P.S. If you can’t give me a VIN, could you at least change my date from Blank to something else? 25-days of being blank has gotten kinda boring.
I don't think that will work.....Not that far "RN1150" down in line....LOL.

Please congratulate me since I haven't checked my EDD in two days now. That might be a personal record. I've reached a sufficient level of frustration where I know it's absolutely pointless to look until I see someone in this forum get an actual 19" wheel delivery, or at least get an exact date for one.
This is the way!

Dear Elon,
Today is my birthday. Would it be possible for you to give me my VIN today to celebrate?

Thanks,
Cysco

P.S. If you can’t give me a VIN, could you at least change my date from Blank to something else? 25-days of being blank has gotten kinda boring.
Tweet it to him, there’s a 1% chance he’ll read it
I don't think that will work.....Not that far "RN1150" down in line....LOL.
There’s a line? 😅😅

Anyone have info on CF Plaid deliveries? Even estimated dates? Blank for me still.
It’s not so much the CF interior trim as it is a specific ext color/interior seat color/trim combination. Brooks from DragTimes.con just received his red MS Plaid w/ black seats & carbon fiber interior trim. But, me, I have white ext with white seats and carbon fiber trim and that’s a no-go…likely Aug, hoping not delayed until Sept at this point. I ordered 2/5/21.

Reactions: HumanInput