Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To whoever requested more Blue LR pics here ya go. I went to the spray-off car wash just so it'd be bird crap-free. Enjoy. :)

20210709_104041.jpg
20210709_104053.jpg
20210709_104059.jpg
20210709_104113.jpg
20210709_104127.jpg

Deposits are refundable. Mine hit my account Wednesday 😊

You are onto something with the referrals tho. Not sure how they square that circle.
Even still, if say 1,500 people put all 250k down for the Founder's Edition, and an additional 2500 people put down 50k, that's a boatload of revenue loss that Tesla will have to show to investors.

Oh and yeah, the referrals are likely making Tesla not even come close to considering canceling the Roadster.🙂

Reactions: Aplus2005
Even still, if say 1,500 people put all 250k down for the Founder's Edition, and an additional 2500 people put down 50k, that's a boatload of revenue loss that will have to show to investors.

Oh and yeah, the referrals are likely making Tesla not even come close to considering canceling the Roadster.🙂
So, not revenue until they produce the cars. Just refundable deposits on the balance sheet. As a liability.

They don’t have 1,500 Founders series deposits. They are limited to 1,000. And still taking orders. One more to sell now that I realized they don’t honor early order dates so why bother.

So, not revenue until they produce the cars. Just refundable deposits on the balance sheet. As a liability.

They don’t have 1,500 Founders series deposits. They are limited to 1,000. And still taking orders. One more to sell now that I realized they don’t honor early order dates so why bother.
Ok, I gotcha now. Sorry about my ignorance there! I still think Elon's mentions of the Roadster, and the 80 referrals, are good indicators that development is going well.🙂

Reactions: Drew-MS and cwanja
Hi All,
Been lurking a while and just joined the support group.

Had a Plaid+ on order converted to Plaid. RN1139, current delivery is “July”. Blue, 21”, white, CF.

No VIN yet. Hoping my build starts soon and July doesn’t turn into September.

A friend bought my M3P for his son and wanted it now. So he’s paying for a rental until I get the car. I warned him it could slip all the way to September. Lol. But he wanted it now.

very consistent times! yea it is faster than either of those. As Brooks said too there was a significant headwind that slowed the car down some. I expect better times in the future, not that those are bad at all!
I’ve heard that hot temperatures don’t affect EVs but I’m not so sure about that. Maybe it was in my head but my P100D felt a little more torquey in 60-75 degrees compared to 90+ humid. South FL is super hot and humid at the moment so I wonder if it affects performance even a little bit.

Ok, I gotcha now. Sorry about my ignorance there! I still think Elon's mentions of the Roadster, and the 80 referrals, are good indicators that development is going well.🙂
Yeah, you wouldn’t know it unless you went through the process. Most deposits aren’t refundable so I made damn sure it was given the delays and possible degradation of performance metrics before it’s released. But once the Plaid delivery event happened and the subsequent month of deliveries, it became painfully clear RN# means nothing to these guys if they can upsell something to Johnny Come Lately. And now I can just get a Plaid and enjoy 99% of the performance and actually use the back seat 😉

Hi all, I am new to Tesla and just ordered a Plaid yesterday. Moving from my modified GTR so going to be different. At first website said a deliver date of September but after I completed the order it changed to July. Will see what happens.
Are you one of the folks in all those Plaid - GTR vids I see posted here and there?