Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still refreshing here without success 🥺

A2F6FB23-0E6C-438D-ABDC-931C875545E5.jpeg

I assuming "Paint Correction" would be the new term for "buffing the paint" with a high speed buffer and polishing compound? Used to do that to my cars (used) in the 80's, but learned you could "burn" the edges if you didn't have a lot of experience. Never heard of a new car that needed it, so that is a little 😡
It is quite common. I’ve had my last 3 cars (Bimmers and Mercedes) all need paint correction right off the boat. Typically dealers are really bad at washing/prepping cars and they leave swirl marks all over. And a lot of times the paint shops leave marks behind.

She's home! Full front clear bra + ceramic coating and 3M Ceramic IR window tint all round.
Question for those who have got the front clear bra. I am getting front sensor issues since the clear bra is covering the sensors. Did you have to cut the film around the sensors? @EVonly
Your car looks amazing. Congrats!

I have no issues with the front sensors, but my shop specializes in Tesla’s and knows how to wrap it without interference. I believe they cut around the sensors, but you can’t tell where the PPF stops. Should be an easy fix.

I'd probably live with the blemishes, hate messing with the factory paint. Maybe see if you can score a free wall charger or the like.
I generally agree with this when possible. What do you do when they forget to clear coat the door?

Anyways, I have a fisheye defect on the rear lid next to the license plate. The body shop said they would need to blend color coat into adjacent panels, and I told them I would rather just live with the fisheye defect. No point in extending non-factory paint onto multiple panels.

566A9665-0C52-4548-83E5-E97841A1AF7D.jpeg

Attachments

• 1625881490733.jpeg
    1625881490733.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Finally got a VIN and delivery is scheduled

RN1143
White/Black/21/ no FSD
Was June, July, Blank, August

switched to 21s 6/28
MVPA did not have 2k credit, a call to the burbank tesla and a new mvpa was sent over within an hour.
burbank is not where my SA works, in fact i dont know who my SA is. i never spoke to or met the person.
i always called a list of stores until i got a person to answer
i like to call tesla service centers since they are open earlier than the mall stores.
We have the same config, not sure if yours is plaid, but same otherwise except I will buy FSD. I was a Plaid+>Plaid convert
Im out of burbank too!
I would be getting $2k for Plaid + FSD price as well.
I still have no VIN. 😭
I converted to 21" on the June 30th.
I really hope I get my car before August, I sold my daily driver 85D and it leaves my hands monday.

Edit....wait, are you CF or wood?

We have the same config, not sure if yours is plaid, but same otherwise except I will buy FSD. I was a Plaid+>Plaid convert
Im out of burbank too!
I still have no VIN. 😭
I really hope I get my car before August, I sold my daily driver 85D and it leaves my hands monday.
Hang in there!:)

Reactions: Muzzman1
Im out of burbank too!
I still have no VIN. 😭

Edit....wait, are you CF or wood?
I really want the 21s but I can't justify the loss in range. I ordered back in January and still nothing 😭

My config is:

- Plaid
- White exterior
- Black interior with carbon fiber (Was having a really tough time deciding between CF and wood. I like the look of wood slightly better but CF is plaid exclusive)
- 19s
- No FSD - will get subscription

Did you guys get keep the $10k discount when switching from Plaid+ to Plaid?