Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all that give me a thumbs-down on my comment here...whatever, it's fine...to each, his/her own but sorry, I personally think it's all just plain strange and kid-ish. ..
From my perspective it is good to have understanding of different points of view. All this gimmickry and adolescent humor that are part of the Tesla experience are, I think, important for a large portion of the present and future Tesla community. So, I am happy to have those toys and cultish humor.

For the record, I have never played a video game and do not plan to do so. Also, I am a fan of the 'earlier, funnier' Mel Brooks but not so much the later even stupider Mel Brooks, including SpaceBalls. (sorry for conflating Books and Allen). However, I also don't mind the reference to Rick Moranis' most memorable lines. so 'Plaid' it is. I even bought to upgrade from Insane to Ludicrous. The entire thing is quite ridiculous and the performance itself is quite insane.

Yes it is all "plain strange". Again, among a large part of the potential audience these things are a major part of the attraction. For small and not-so-small children these things help make a Tesla aspirational and an object of desire. Some time later, the actual attributes of the vehicle [note: it IS a vehicle isn't it?] begin to be influential. This aggressively iconoclastic approach to the entire product comes with many zany, outlandish and bizarre features, not least of which is the completely indefensible "Drag Strip Mode" and "Cheetah stance". Those things end out generating major publicity and notoriety, and those all sell more product and promote the Tesla mission.

So, personally I am unlikely to ever use either of those last features. It would be insane fo me to do so just as it is for most owners.

Finally, I wait impatiently for my Plaid and pacify myself by going even longer on TSLA.

... In fact, this Tesla MS Plaid will be my first American made brand owned in like 2+ decades! Interesting fact...just realized that. 🤔 👍
Now you've made me look it up. My last US-built car was a 1966 Rambler Rebel 770 327 V8 4-speed. It was definitely stealthy and was terminally stupid. Bought it on 'the farm plan' in Hays, Kansas and drove it to my new job in New York, towing my 1963 Daf 33 that I bought there for $50 because it missed the 'bands' which we easily replaceable with International Harvester combine belts, easily available in Hays.

Good memories, but Tesla and TSLA are so very much more satisfying.

Sorry for the digression.

From my perspective it is good to have understanding of different points of view. All this gimmickry and adolescent humor that are part of the Tesla experience are, I think, important for a large portion of the present and future Tesla community. So, I am happy to have those toys and cultish humor.

For the record, I have never played a video game and do not plan to do so. Also, I am a fan of the 'earlier, funnier' Mel Brooks but not so much the later even stupider Mel Brooks, including SpaceBalls. (sorry for conflating Books and Allen). However, I also don't mind the reference to Rick Moranis' most memorable lines. so 'Plaid' it is. I even bought to upgrade from Insane to Ludicrous. The entire thing is quite ridiculous and the performance itself is quite insane.

Yes it is all "plain strange". Again, among a large part of the potential audience these things are a major part of the attraction. For small and not-so-small children these things help make a Tesla aspirational and an object of desire. Some time later, the actual attributes of the vehicle [note: it IS a vehicle isn't it?] begin to be influential. This aggressively iconoclastic approach to the entire product comes with many zany, outlandish and bizarre features, not least of which is the completely indefensible "Drag Strip Mode" and "Cheetah stance". Those things end out generating major publicity and notoriety, and those all sell more product and promote the Tesla mission.

So, personally I am unlikely to ever use either of those last features. It would be insane fo me to do so just as it is for most owners.

Finally, I wait impatiently for my Plaid and pacify myself by going even longer on TSLA.
Nailed it on generating publicity. Some of the stuff is a bit like Nickelback. The more haters show up the more records they sell.

With everyone loving the launches, when will the complaints about tires wearing out start?

You know there will be people who buy a car that goes 0-60 in 2 seconds and expect 50k miles from the tires....
RIGHT!!!! Probably should havre grabbed some MGDDY before deliveries started. Michelin will probably double their sales this year.. 🤣 😂

This is incorrect. You want a 60A circuit. The MS will charge at 48A continuous and you have to have the overhead as that 50A setup is not rated for 48A continuous.

You will only get 32A with a 14-50 and mobile charger/connector.

View attachment 683964
That is a poor choice unless there is a need for quick charging at home. I have had a 30/208 connection for the last six years, that actually delivers 200/15 or so, typically. That still will deliver a full charge overnight. nearly everyone spends at least ten hours at home at night. Lesser amperage will always be enough if that is true. A 14-50 will save a ton of money and deliver all you'll probably need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other observations as I experience them:
- waze works 3x better on the browser - loads fast, screen moves, really a far cry from my 2019 raven
- for previous model s owners coming to the refresh, you’re going to LOVE the phone/key
- more I drive with the yoke the more I love it. I’m used to cars with turn signals on the wheel so no sweat, but honestly it’s a very fast learning curve, not rocket science here. I can see some ppl being dramatic about it, generally speaking thats nonsense. It’s easy, it’s fun, its unique, cool experience.
- glad I got the CF - not knocking wood, people like what they like, but if you’re into CF and don’t want wood but are tempted by a sooner delivery…I’d say wait for the CF car. Also glad I got red. maybe my 2019 was just dirty, it was red too, but the red on this car seems deeper, richer. Could def be, and prob is, in my head, but FWIW
- wall charging - I used the 110v a bit, it charged slightly faster/more consistently than the 2019. Example, if I averaged 2-3/hr over a 24hr period, this car averages 3-4mi over that same period
- AC seats - FINALLY! And they work well

That is a poor choice unless there is a need for quick charging at home. I have had a 30/208 connection for the last six years, that actually delivers 200/15 or so, typically. That still will deliver a full charge overnight. nearly everyone spends at least ten hours at home at night. Lesser amperage will always be enough if that is true. A 14-50 will save atone of money and deliver all you'll probably need.

Why is getting a wall charger and quick charging a poor choice? Is there harm in charging faster at home?