Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does everyone keep ignoring the fact that other car makers are having similar issues? Communication from Tesla is not great. But beyond that, no one should be surprised about these production issues.

The issue is Tesla didn’t produce a single Model S for sale until June 10, and even then just 25 cars. No other auto company CEO said in January “we are in production and shipping cars in February” and then total silence for months.

Absolutely other manufacturers are running behind. But they didn’t stop producing a line of cars for six months, let alone promise deliveries weeks after taking orders and then six months later and some of us have no idea if or when our cars will come, let alone why they are delayed.

The issue is Tesla didn’t produce a single Model S for sale until June 10, and even then just 25 cars. No other auto company CEO said in January “we are in production and shipping cars in February” and then total silence for months.

Absolutely other manufacturers are running behind. But they didn’t stop producing a line of cars for six months, let alone promise deliveries weeks after taking orders and then six months later and some of us have no idea if or when our cars will come, let alone why they are delayed.
Ok….others didn’t stop “producing” them. They just filled up parking lots.

With different center hubcaps than shown in the configurator.
1626464247781.png

things that make me go hmm... which other Tesla uses this size :) ? the 104 load rating on the front one is exactly what the manual says. the 107 rating on the rear is also spot on. Also note that the speed rating is Y (186mph), and not (Y) which is 186+... so for sure the 19" wont get the 200mph enabled... fo sho... unless we buy the zero G track package.

1626464440002.png

Last edited:
View attachment 685105
things that make me go hmm... which other Tesla uses this size :) ? the 104 load rating on the front one is exactly what the manual says. the 107 rating on the rear is also spot on.

View attachment 685106
Still can't believe these aren't being shipped with all-season tires, especially since almost none will be out until it's almost Fall.

Ok….others didn’t stop “producing” them. They just filled up parking lots.

And filling up the Kentucky Speedway:

• Informative
Reactions: Sigma4Life
Still can't believe these aren't being shipped with all-season tires, especially since almost none will be out until it's almost Fall.
This is gonna be a blast in the northeast...

" Pirelli's warranty does not cover tires that develop compound cracking due to use in ambient temperatures below 45° Fahrenheit (7° Celsius), so the P Zero, like all summer tires, is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice."

I have an update from my inside contact at Tesla (note: the conversation was mostly centered around my order).
Here goes:

1. 19" wheels are the only bottleneck at this point, but it's definitely happening this month

2. My order is in "build planning" phase, which I already knew, but the new piece of info here is that it has also been matched to a "production slot", and I can expect a VIN in the next week or two (note: still showing blank on my account)

3. It will take about 7-10 days after the VIN pops up in my account to take delivery - note: I'm taking delivery at the factory

4. The RN numbers and MVOA order date don't mean much, however they do look at original order dates - so in my case, my order is supposedly of the "highest priority" since it was placed 9/22/2020

As always, hope this helps others in 19" purgatory!

Does everyone keep ignoring the fact that other car makers are having similar issues? Communication from Tesla is not great. But beyond that, no one should be surprised about these production issues.

Nothing in my post was about production issues. It's about the hap-hazard way they are getting cars to customers, with what seems to be very little regard to how long someone has been waiting.

I have an update from my inside contact at Tesla (note: the conversation was mostly centered around my order).
Here goes:

1. 19" wheels are the only bottleneck at this point, but it's definitely happening this month

2. My order is in "build planning" phase, which I already knew, but the new piece of info here is that it has also been matched to a "production slot", and I can expect a VIN in the next week or two (note: still showing blank on my account)

3. It will take about 7-10 days after the VIN pops up in my account to take delivery - note: I'm taking delivery at the factory

4. The RN numbers and MVOA order date don't mean much, however they do look at original order dates - so in my case, my order is supposedly of the "highest priority" since it was placed 9/22/2020

This is making me optimistic. My SA said I have priority because we converted to plaid+ on request from the SA before they cancelled it, and my config is Plaid/MSM/White/CF/21/FSD so that makes me hopeful that I'll be matched to a car soon

Here goes:

Can you check with your source when will Canadian deliveries start shipping? Im a Feb 4th Plaid order, currently showing August... Thanks in advance

Uh, they don't show up in stock. You aren't matched to a car that shows up in your area. You are matched at the factory.
If that is true, then why does it seem like people with identical configurations are watching their cars being handed off to other people who have not been waiting as long? I think they are assigning them once they know where they are going. It may still technically be at the factory, but not before they know where they are headed.

Last edited:
The 19s have Pirellis P Zero. I confirmed this in person.
I believe I read the 19" have options for all season or summer tires. I posted previously asking how I can ensure I get the all seasons - I don't remember the response :( I would ask my SC - summer tires are useless to me in the northeast in the winter, and i'd rather not buy another set of wheels, etc. store them, yada.