Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Untitled.png

tick tock, 2 hours to go in July. i'm looking out the window but i don't see anything yet.

EDD slid again this morning to 14-26 August. That is the eleventh consecutive day the date range changed.

Dang. We are config buddies so I thought for sure you’d get yours before me. Granted I don’t have a car yet but my date has been locked forever the last 5 days and I have a VIN. Hopefully we get more information or deliveries this week.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well well well well WELLLLLLL, my SA is still alive and kicking and actually responded to my email today. Not with the info I had hoped for. I kinda hoped she would surprise me with, "I was JUST about to call you and let you know you can come pick up your car this weekend."

However, "..... I do think that we are likely still looking at September for delivery of your Model S. I’ll let you know when I get some photos...." was the reply that kinda brought a tear to my eye - YET AGAIN.

WHERE'S MY CAR ELON???

Hey everyone, it's taken me about a week to sift thru the last 1500 pages. 😅 I appreciate everyone posting their experiences and what their waits have been like. I live in Kansas city Missouri. I ordered on 5/8/2021, RN11492. MSLR black on black 21inch wheels.

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24

7/27 showed 8/11-8/25

7/28 showed 8/12-8/26

7/29 showed 8/13-8/27

7/30 showed 8/14-8/28

Today (7/31)shows 8/15-8/29

Based on everyone else's experience, I'm going to assume, and hope that the days start to shrink this week and hopefully get a VIN number by the end of the week.

So my SA reached out today.
A little background: I was a battery day Plaid + reservation converted to plaid the day the + was cancelled. They had me cancel my + RN11395 to get a new RN1151. On June 22nd I changed to 21's in the hopes I would take a June delivery as promised when I converted to Plaid from +.

Last week, After sending him 3 examples of Forums users with my exact config getting their cars, he send me an email saying:

"Thank you for this info.
I’ve just sent these details to our factory team requesting/demanding they provide a VIN as soon as possible. I’ll get back to you as soon as they respond."

Today I get an email that states: "I was just informed your Model S will arrive along with our next waive of Model S’s in October."

So looks like the next "Wave" of Model S's is way out in Oct :mad:
I've been thinking about this. If my order is that delayed, I may want to wait a little longer to get the next model year. I'm still OK with my P85+. Tesla used to change model years on 1 Jan, but it's earlier now. Oct, Nov?
I'm new to Tesla and waiting on my MSLR, I guess I'm not sure what all the differences are in the LR vs Plaid for the extra $45k. I could be interested if there's more than just a "speed" difference for the money. And does that have FSD?
Probably not worth it, but I ordered one anyway :)

So my SA reached out today.
A little background: I was a battery day Plaid + reservation converted to plaid the day the + was cancelled. They had me cancel my + RN11395 to get a new RN1151. On June 22nd I changed to 21's in the hopes I would take a June delivery as promised when I converted to Plaid from +.

Last week, After sending him 3 examples of Forums users with my exact config getting their cars, he send me an email saying:

"Thank you for this info.
I’ve just sent these details to our factory team requesting/demanding they provide a VIN as soon as possible. I’ll get back to you as soon as they respond."

Today I get an email that states: "I was just informed your Model S will arrive along with our next waive of Model S’s in October."

So looks like the next "Wave" of Model S's is way out in Oct :mad:

Does anyone know if you voluntarily push delivery, if they will still honor your reservation price or try to make you pay the new price?

I was told "late October, early November" and, at that point, no way I'm taking delivery. Just give me a 2022 then, so I'd ask for it to be delayed unless they try to charge me a ton of money.

Hey everyone, it's taken me about a week to sift thru the last 1500 pages. 😅 I appreciate everyone posting their experiences and what their waits have been like. I live in Kansas city Missouri. I ordered on 5/8/2021, RN11492. MSLR black on black 21inch wheels.

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24

7/27 showed 8/11-8/25

7/28 showed 8/12-8/26

7/29 showed 8/13-8/27

7/30 showed 8/14-8/28

Today (7/31)shows 8/15-8/29

Based on everyone else's experience, I'm going to assume, and hope that the days start to shrink this week and hopefully get a VIN number by the end of the week.
I had something similar but my end date stayed the same. Once I got within 7 days, I got a VIN. My car is still not here though, scheduled for Aug 8-14.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Does anyone know if you voluntarily push delivery, if they will still honor your reservation price or try to make you pay the new price?

I was told "late October, early November" and, at that point, no way I'm taking delivery. Just give me a 2022 then, so I'd ask for it to be delayed unless they try to charge me a ton of money.
Would also love to know this….

And it's probably safe to assume the LR with rollout is about .24 seconds faster, so maybe 2.86.
You're definitely right. With this in mind Plaid doing 2.2-2.4 seconds does not seem like a worthy upgrade and certainly not worth 45k lol. I know DragTimes guy was able to get 1.9 on his draggy but other users consistently get between 2.2-2.4 secs which really doesn't seem so special. Que before someone chimes in to present this reading in terms of the number of cars lol nobody cares.
Can you guys tell I'm bored 🤣