Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the low low price of $5,000 for our Billy-Bob's-Best-Deal-In-Town-Plan, your EV will get all of its oil changes on time, and they will be complementary. Additionally, when your torque converter goes out, we'll replace it at no cost, and when those pesky fuel pumps and injectors go, those will be taken care of as well as long as you buy our $1,000 crappy locking lugnut package....
Hey, hey, hey......

Don't forget to mention the wacky, flailing, waving, happy tube man!

purple-inflatable-tube-man_1.jpg

Black/White/CF/21
I had an EDD of July, blank, August, blank. Ordered first week of June.
According to another poster here, is it true not to expect the car until December now?
delivery dates have slipped drastically, and I guess this affects those with orders already in place as well?

should I look into another car in the meanwhile? I think I made a mistake selling my 3P, but I guess I got a good price on it so I can’t be too upset.

Black/White/CF/21
According to another poster here, is it true not to expect the car until December now?
delivery dates have slipped drastically, and I guess this affects those with orders already in place as well?

should I look into another car in the meanwhile? I think I made a mistake selling my 3P, but I guess I got a good price on it so I can’t be too upset.
I wouldn't have sold the 3. I'm keeping mine until the Plaid (or Cybertruck) is in hand. We all know Tesla and their delivery non-promises. Yet, here we all are....

Last edited:
Picked up from getting all protected, all glass tinted, complete front, rockers, and A pillar, behind rear wheels, and ceramic coating. All with Xpel, now time to go hunting 😈😈

I think you might be sad you didn't do the area in *front* of the rear wheels. That seems to be the worst area in terms of damage from kicked up rocks coming off of the front wheels. The factory PPF doesn't go high enough there.

But, good luck, she looks beautiful!

Black/White/CF/21

I don't think anyone can predict delivery dates accurately. It's not a great answer, but you may get it earlier than you think, or it may drag on seemingly forever. If it is not entertaining to you to check the account page regularly, then I wouldn't and just be surprised. I go back and forth, not checking for awhile, then doing it obsessively. Same as my attendance here. I come here sometimes often, then take a break. Whatever works for your mental health. Being here can be therapeutic, but it can also be toxic.
Good luck!

Yeah, because it's awesome to get screwed with $5-10k of dealership markup right out of the gate! What great customer service.
I asked the neighbor about that. He said that appears to be quite common on West coast/west coast Ford dealers. But He located a virginia Ford dealer who had zero markup. So appears to not be 100% of ALL Ford dealers doing markup. Another factor in the decision was a back to back long drive (over varying roads) of the Model Y to the Mach E. In his opinion, the ride quality was far superior to the Y. Said the Y was firm/almost harsh in comparison. Also said in his opinion, the interior layout overall in the Mach E was preferable over the Y.

Different strokes for different folks...

I for one applaud any/all EV competition. Because until enough true competition happens, Tesla's customer service/customer experience/their lack of communication etc, will only continue to decline.

Last edited:
I had these on my old S, and really liked them. Super easy to vaccum and a fast wipe down with a damp rag got mine looking like new.

But, once these are out for the S at this price, will try these for the refresh thats on the way