Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for everyone: anybody hear/see any more news on that PA MS Plaid fire/destruction of the vehicle? Been looking around the 'net and nothing. I know the NHTSA was investigating and of course, Tesla has no PR/Media Relations Dept, so not a word from the company. Glad to see no other refresh MS Plaids or LRs have caught fire and I know that 1 incident was a bit suspect due to the owner being some sort of hedge fund Tesla shorter person, so... Just curious if anyone has any new info on what happened? Thank you!

Question for everyone: anybody hear/see any more news on that PA MS Plaid fire/destruction of the vehicle? Been looking around the 'net and nothing. I know the NHTSA was investigating and of course, Tesla has no PR/Media Relations Dept, so not a word from the company. Glad to see no other refresh MS Plaids or LRs have caught fire and I know that 1 incident was a bit suspect due to the owner being some sort of hedge fund Tesla shorter person, so... Just curious if anyone has any new info on what happened? Thank you!
briefly mentioned in this recent article. But thats it. youll notice the part about how both the cars and the house was destroyed (I think the house was destroyed) and Tesla didnt respond/comment/come analyze the cars..nada.....

• Informative
Reactions: sflgator
Btw @SarahsDad I've added your VIN and updated your delivery estimate in the second tab of the tracking sheet, hope you don't mind:

Added my order on it as well.

briefly mentioned in this recent article. But thats it. youll notice the part about how both the cars and the house was destroyed (I think the house was destroyed) and Tesla didnt respond/comment/come analyze the cars..nada.....

@omarsultan was a force to be reckoned with this morning with his tweets! Gotta love some proper roasting! 😁
And BTW, how do you know that Tesla hasn't done anything?
Just because they haven't said anything to the public does not mean they aren't doing anything, or that they didn't.

Last edited:
I'm supposed to pick up my car Friday. I took a peak at it today and noticed that it has the vein running down the center of the yoke. Has anyone had success in getting them to acknowledge and replace it? I've seen some that do not have it.
yokevein.jpg

I'm supposed to pick up my car Friday. I took a peak at it today and noticed that it has the vein running down the center of the yoke. Has anyone had success in getting them to acknowledge and replace it? I've seen some that do not have it.View attachment 692047
Looks like you get a nice block of cheese in the center cup holder too ;)

"0-60 in LESS THAN 2 seconds." "1/4 mile in 9 seconds."

Why does he need to upsell it even more?

It's called ACCENTING THE VIDEO MAN! He's being the hype-man! 🤣 🤣
I mean, he forgot to mention the third motor. "And it comes with a third motor for $40K more - or whatever they raised the price to last night"

@omarsultan was a force to be reckoned with this morning with his tweets! Gotta love some proper roasting! 😁
And BTW, how do you know that Tesla hasn't done anything? Just because they haven't said anything to the public does not mean they aren't doing anything, or that they didn't.

LOL - generally not a fan of public dragging, but that article was such a sloppy pile of BS, it kinda pissed me off

View attachment 691913
Bought these from Tesla’s shop. I like them coz they don’t feel cheap. Mind you, they are manufactured by weathertech.
They look good, but the material they're made from gets dirty super easily. For example, just scraping my shoes on them slightly produces a white mark on them. I see you have a couple white marks on them. They can be wiped off easily but its just a lot of maintenance.