Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on possible
Phantom drain/not sleeping: Sentry is off BUT dashcam is actively recording at random times. Checked the manual and “held” the recording button to “pause” the feature. Will check tomorrow if this is the culprit. Manual says car only records when its on but its been off since last night.

also where is the dashcam button next to the status bar..homelink..wifi..bluetooth..like the other models? Only way i can see the dashcam viewer is by voice command.
Weird, I never needed to pause dashcam recording in my 3 overnight to have it sleep.

2021.24 is supposed to have dashcam viewer. What version are you on?

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Weird, I never needed to pause dashcam recording in my 3 overnight to have it sleep.

2021.24 is supposed to have dashcam viewer. What version are you on?

yeah hopefully it stops draining. Im still on 2021.12 so dont have the latest yet.

@Hayseed_MS

What's your absolute favorite thing about the model s?

There are so many up there...

Easy of driving and instant torque. Have driven through the smokies for days over the last two weeks. Loved just how quick and effortless it does these mountain roads. And the yoke has been flawless. At 6200 miles as of today.

Been on many crappy roads and the 21's have been perfect. The ride gained far outweighs any firm ride. The mountain roads have brought that out.

Have not pumped gas since last week of June.

As an update, a few minutes ago, I received an email saying final payment is now due, and my account page updated with a VIN and with the MVPA agreement filled out and dated August 5 (tomorrow). The estimate delivery date, which has been Aug. 16-25 for the past week or so, is now gone. I just emailed the relationship manager I have been dealing with to ask what he knows about the actual delivery date. This person is who called me in May to ask if I wanted to convert my Sept 2020 Plaid+ order to a Plaid 'for expedited delivery maybe in June'. Does the assignment of a VIN and delivery of the MVPA and request for payment indicate that I am getting close? Or not?
Thanks,

As an update, a few minutes ago, I received an email saying final payment is now due, and my account page updated with a VIN and with the MVPA agreement filled out and dated August 5 (tomorrow). The estimate delivery date, which has been Aug. 16-25 for the past week or so, is now gone. I just emailed the relationship manager I have been dealing with to ask what he knows about the actual delivery date. This person is who called me in May to ask if I wanted to convert my Sept 2020 Plaid+ order to a Plaid 'for expedited delivery maybe in June'. Does the assignment of a VIN and delivery of the MVAP and request for payment indicate that I am getting close? Or not?
Thanks,
I’d think so, but I would not pay, if I were you, until I saw my car on delivery day.

As an update, a few minutes ago, I received an email saying final payment is now due, and my account page updated with a VIN and with the MVPA agreement filled out and dated August 5 (tomorrow). The estimate delivery date, which has been Aug. 16-25 for the past week or so, is now gone. I just emailed the relationship manager I have been dealing with to ask what he knows about the actual delivery date. This person is who called me in May to ask if I wanted to convert my Sept 2020 Plaid+ order to a Plaid 'for expedited delivery maybe in June'. Does the assignment of a VIN and delivery of the MVAP and request for payment indicate that I am getting close? Or not?
Thanks,
yea took me about 15days to get a pick up call after vin on east coast

Thanks,
I got a VIN assigned last Friday plus docs. I was told today at after VIN assignment, it takes about 2-3 weeks to get the car.

Just spoke with local Tesla SA, my April (RN 1148xxx) order S LR 19" is now showing in private Tesla database for EDD Jan, 2022, instead of August . She told me I am in very good position not only to enjoy the original price, also I may get new model 2022 with new add-on changes for same price.
Yikes, same RN number S LR 19". What I don't understand is every-time I visit (not call) local Tesla location (5-mins away) I'm told that they have no further information other than what I can see myself (which is nothing but BLANK for the past three months). So one of these SA's is not telling the truth.

Soooo just picked up the Plaid. Acceleration is insanity. As you all know if you have one, and think you know if you don’t (once you get it you’ll get it..).

A few minor fit and finish issues. The trunk doesn’t close quite evenly (needs an adjustment as it closes right and then left - nothing awful, but you know). Steering yoke worm present and correct, a small dent in the speaker grille by the windshield, and a slight ripple in the windshield which catches my eye (a bit annoying). And the alignment may be slightly off. Oh, and some of the trim around the trunk won’t stay up. Haha.

Nothing to dull my enthusiasm, but you know - this isn’t Porsche quality.

The carbon fiber interior is stunning. So worth it. And the suspension is a delight. Soft and bouncy when you want it to be (much more comfy than my Mode 3 Performance) and really firm when set to sporty.

Mad car. You think it’s going to taper off the speed at 60-70 like a lot of cars (my 3P included) but oh lord no it does not. It builds and builds and is insanity.

oh, and the whole thing crashed and rebooted on me after I parked and connected to my home Wi-Fi.

Tesla power!!! 🤣

Attachments

• EC5329EF-90A4-4AF6-8694-806B6FC3F235.jpeg
    EC5329EF-90A4-4AF6-8694-806B6FC3F235.jpeg
    463.9 KB · Views: 70
Soooo just picked up the Plaid. Acceleration is insanity. As you all know if you have one, and think you know if you don’t (once you get it you’ll get it..).

A few minor fit and finish issues. The trunk doesn’t close quite evenly (needs an adjustment as it closes right and then left - nothing awful, but you know). Steering yoke worm present and correct, a small dent in the speaker grille by the windshield, and a slight ripple in the windshield which catches my eye (a bit annoying). And the alignment may be slightly off. Oh, and some of the trim around the trunk won’t stay up. Haha.

The carbon fiber interior is stunning. So worth it. And the suspension is a delight. Soft and bouncy when you want it to be (much more comfy than my Mode 3 Performance) and really firm when set to sporty.

Mad car. You think it’s going to taper off the speed at 60-70 like a lot of cars (my 3P included) but oh lord no it does not. It builds and builds and is insanity.

oh, and the whole thing crashed and rebooted on me after I parked and connected to my home Wi-Fi.

Tesla power!!! 🤣
CONGRATULATIONS! Beautiful spec!😍😁

Tesla power!!! 🤣
How’s the paint finish? Any dust nibs or other?

I think it's safe to say that there will be 19" deliveries sometime this month or next. I think originally though, like @IamGaryGnu speculated, there was an issue with these wheels.
Everyone and their grandma is out there speculating about something being wrong with 19 wheels since May. This is what happens when Tesla chooses to be quiet about things causing significant delays. I guess as long as demand as good as they have then customers can't be expected to be treated like normal human beings.

Tesla power!!! 🤣
Congratulations! Is the ripple in the windshield right above the camera housing?

I have a bit of that on the very edge of the windshield right above the camera housing. In the correct lighting, it almost looks like a crack but I've had it checked out by 3 independent parties who've all confirmed the glass is secure and intact and it's a manufacturing artifact.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Everyone and their grandma is out there speculating about something being wrong with 19 wheels since May. This is what happens when Tesla chooses to be quiet about things causing significant delays. I guess as long as demand as good as they have then customers can't be expected to be treated like normal human beings.
How about a list of companies that give detailed reports on what causes their production delays. Do some bragging, rub it in.