Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Panel gaps! Arghh. Its uneven on driver side, flush on passenger hood. Also gasket misaligned on passenger side. Adding to my ticket!
What did the delivery guys say? Did they point all this out or did you need to bring it to their attention? Delayed actually completing delivery? Have to bring her back to have this addressed?

Oooooooooh! I'll be very curious as to what tires they come with when delivered, and if they're different from the P Zeros. Also, this delay I wonder could be to do with a software update for the 19s? Is that possible? We'll never know, potentially!
I don’t think Is with the 19s. I can switch my wheels in the softwarw now to the 19s and it works ok. I do know my car did the random music bug last night. Lmao. But 2021.24 is starting to trickle out so hopefully that solves whatever the hold is.

We need to see more of this. If the deliveries begin in mid August, maybe just maybe I am early September or late August.
It looks like he placed another order for the same spec as his plaid + order. Not recommend to order again, but hey it *appears* that it helped him. I just hope they pump these out. People have been waiting literally almost a year now. But the way this looks, it’s a long road ahead for tesla. The EOY year push will be nuts!

What did the delivery guys say? Did they point all this out or did you need to bring it to their attention? Delayed actually completing delivery? Have to bring her back to have this addressed?
I just took the car home and found all the issues. Have appt tomorrow at the SC, I probably could have stayed and have them address it but We just rolled out of there.
They told me i had “100” miles to get the stuff fixed which i dont get cause ive had issues resolved at 5/10k miles, sounds like bullshit to make you go home after delivery.

@boonedocks see what I am referring to re: the 19s! We shall see if all of these hold. Think @Drew-MS has a window as well.

VIN received for Plaid with 19s :)
My EDD isn't there which was Aug 19-27. I just called the SC and I was told the car should arrive within 2 weeks but he seemed to be guessing tbh. Feeling optimistic but you never know with Tesla ha. Finger's crossed.. Cheers

Attachments

• VIN.PNG
    VIN.PNG
    314.3 KB · Views: 108
I just took the car home and found all the issues. Have appt tomorrow at the SC, I probably could have stayed and have them address it but We just rolled out of there.
They told me i had “100” miles to get the stuff fixed which i dont get cause ive had issues resolved at 5/10k miles, sounds like bullshit to make you go home after delivery.

I would request to see that specious 100 mile limitation on writing...

Has anyone who had a totally blank date gotten a VIN without first getting an EDD, or does having an EDD always precede getting a VIN? I'm a pre-refresh order, with the trifecta of CF/White interior/19s but Tesla told me 3+ weeks ago that my car would be built in 3-4 weeks and I still have no EDD. Just wondering if I'll see an EDD before I see a VIN, or whether that's not necessarily the case.

Daily check in to see if 19s have started delivery AND crap. If Tesla has a 19" wheel issue, I wish they would just tell us (ha) and let those who can't wait pay the 21" tax without paying the now $10k price increase to MAYBE get their cars sooner. $4500 to get the car a little sooner with 21" wheels (which do look better) I was about to do, $9,500 was a maybe but probably not (unless the wait drove me too crazy), but $14,500 is a definite no go.

Elon and Tesla are just a different kind of CEO and company which is good and bad. Good is that we get innovative bleeding edge products (often with beta features that other automakers would not release to the public yet) that are continually updated without additional cost and without having to buy the latest model. The bad is we get an immature company without a PR department that often makes unexpected decisions without thinking about the impact on their customers or public perception.

I can't imagine another automaker tacking on an additional $10k in MSRP (well actual price for Tesla) during the model year for that car (without any explanation). It makes economic sense especially where demand far outstrips supply (like we have here) and lets Tesla depress demand a bit giving them a little more time to catch up while letting them capture more revenue per unit. It also may make sense given supply constraints (maybe need to pay more to get critical supplies and keep lines going/ GM truck plant just shut down again because of supply issues). Sucks for us though. I'm sure all my complaining will end once I finally get the car. Good luck to everyone (especially those who ordered before me).

Panel gaps! Arghh. Its uneven on driver side, flush on passenger hood. Also gasket misaligned on passenger side. Adding to my ticket!
Geez that is bad, ugh. Sorry to see that. Imagine if it wasn’t a black car. Those gaps would be so prominent on any other color. Unacceptable for an $80k+ car IMO. Will I still take it and wait for it and check every 5 minutes for them to take my money? Sadly, yes.

As an update, a few minutes ago, I received an email saying final payment is now due, and my account page updated with a VIN and with the MVPA agreement filled out and dated August 5 (tomorrow). The estimate delivery date, which has been Aug. 16-25 for the past week or so, is now gone. I just emailed the relationship manager I have been dealing with to ask what he knows about the actual delivery date. This person is who called me in May to ask if I wanted to convert my Sept 2020 Plaid+ order to a Plaid 'for expedited delivery maybe in June'. Does the assignment of a VIN and delivery of the MVPA and request for payment indicate that I am getting close? Or not?
Thanks,
Fingers crossed it's actually built and has the 19" wheels attached to it.