Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster (Chicago), been creeping on here for a month or two. Black/cream/arachnid/no FSD getting delivered this Friday at 1:00. Absolutely thrilled. First time EV buyer. Ive driven a little bit of everything out there including a few sub 3.0 second cars. Curious to see how this compares. Glad to see the absolutely stellar reviews on YouTube and TMC.

Here is my last few weeks

7/5: ordered Blue/white/21 MS LR after watching initial videos/reaction and seeing/hearing stellar things
removed FSD (No updated price change, to my surprise)
7/19: Had a beer. Watched YouTube. Got impatient ——> $100 deposit for black/cream/21 MS Plaid
8/1: Receive VIN. Get email to complete payment

Now targeting pick up this Friday 7/13 at 1:00. So 3 weeks, 4 days from order to delivery.

For those in Chicago or the north side suburbs - anyone recommend a good PPF shop with fair pricing? Also, does anyone have pics of moderately dark (20%) all around tints on a Black Plaid?

Am I the only one without a VIN or even EDD for last 2 months 😭😭😭😭 not sure if it’s white interior or just Tesla hates me. I need my car 😫😫
I’m plaid white/white/cf 19s. 1143xxx reservation number ordered first week of January. I had February EDD until February ended, and then for a single day I had July then that disappeared. Haven’t heard from my SA in months.

On an aside, people that had a pre-refresh order did you actually get your $2k discount we were all offered?

First time poster (Chicago), been creeping on here for a month or two. Black/cream/arachnid/no FSD getting delivered this Friday at 1:00. Absolutely thrilled. First time EV buyer. Ive driven a little bit of everything out there including a few sub 3.0 second cars. Curious to see how this compares. Glad to see the absolutely stellar reviews on YouTube and TMC.

Here is my last few weeks

7/5: ordered Blue/white/21 MS LR after watching initial videos/reaction and seeing/hearing stellar things
removed FSD (No updated price change, to my surprise)
7/19: Had a beer. Watched YouTube. Got impatient ——> $100 deposit for black/cream/21 MS Plaid
8/1: Receive VIN. Get email to complete payment

Now targeting pick up this Friday 7/13 at 1:00. So 3 weeks, 4 days from order to delivery.

For those in Chicago or the north side suburbs - anyone recommend a good PPF shop with fair pricing? Also, does anyone have pics of moderately dark (20%) all around tints on a Black Plaid?
Welcome to the thread!

Okay, I have some real BS to post! I tried this for *sugar and giggles plus I've been torn between WHITE and RED and right after I submitted my order I got a *sugar VIN with an EDD of 8/8-8/12. I do have to pay the $10k more which I'm sure there will be no way around unless I can talk to a higher up somehow…

RN1154 vs. my RN1146 for my RED Plaid. I'm just shocked that it actually worked… It's also CF trim!

White/Black/CF/21/FSD - VIN 5YJSA1E62MF438
This is my exact config, and Burbank is my delivery center. I have a Plaid+ conversion and now, Im told October delivery. If I reserve today, it will be $12k more with FSD. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I like carbon fiber better than wood. I never understood wood - makes me think of boats. I would prefer just a nice padded dash that looks good. No need for solid hard objects in front of my seat.
I liked the white dash in my M3P over the wood as well. But I’d prefer the walnut over the CF in my LR S. I do think carbon fiber is good when it’s functional - I just don’t think it looks good aesthetically. That’s an unpopular opinion here though haha

It amazes me that some folks purchased the car, paid $10k+ in sales tax (in some cases) and then immediately list it for sale. In this example, if the person wasn’t ready to take delivery, he/she could have easily just postponed delivery.

You're not the only one, no. I ordered my Plaid long before we knew about all the CF delays and I selected wood when I did. To me I like CF when it is functional, not decorative. I've got a couple of motorcycles with full carbon frames, wheels, swingarms, etc...that's the way carbon is best used and viewed in my book. But to each their own, that's why there's a menu!
Agreed! Functional CF is great and makes sense to me.

I liked the white dash in my M3P over the wood as well. But I’d prefer the walnut over the CF in my LR S. I do think carbon fiber is good when it’s functional - I just don’t think it looks good aesthetically. That’s an unpopular opinion here though haha
I prefer the wood trim as well but I wish it was a bit darker like ‘dark ash wood.’

Strange; tell that to all the Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, Porsche, Audi and other exotic auto mfgr's and owners of their cars. CF is still quite "in" and looks great on high-performance vehicles IF it's real CF. The cheap, fake "CF look" that's done in some regular cars like Nissans and others looks a bit tacky if you can tell it's not real CF. The real stuff looks great, imho. Also, let's not forget the MS Plaid has a real matte black CF rear spoiler too.

btw - my Porsche Macan Turbo had CF interior trim and a portion of the steering wheel was also CF...looked amazing. My 2019 Jag I-Pace EV also had CF portions on the 22" wheels (and I had CF interior trim as well)...
I would tell them that if they cared about my opinion haha. Yeah, aesthetically it doesn’t do it for me. But everyone has different opinions on what looks good and all are valid.

Not happening anytime soon. Expect November/December if you're patient. I'm canceling my order 1st week of October because I don't get the car during eoq push I don't want it.
I dont mind waiting. I mean it’s annoying but I’ve waited this long and I currently have white/carbon fiber on my ‘18 p100d and can definitely say the white interior is by far the best looking. I’m going to patiently wait for what I really want