Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings from MX thread. I put a MSP order in TWO WEEKS AGO blue/white/19’/FSD for fun while I wait for my MX. I had initial date of January then blank after a couple days and this morning now August 27th-September 26th. Insanity. In Elon I trust.

Congrats. We all hate you :)

Someone update the Hit List!

Ok then it MAY work. We'll see.
Sooooo... It works fine, mechanically.

I rigged up CAN injection messages to make my window switches into turn signals so I wouldn't have to drive around without signals like a BMW owner. Also making the stalks work is gonna be easy.

Travesty to Tesla's vision, or not, I'm happy.

Edit: also, i put the yoke back on and airbag back in, and the car is showing no errors and everything is fine with that too...

Attachments

• IMG_3871.jpeg
    IMG_3871.jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 90
@omarsultan just wondering if you are experiencing this. First let start with, I have had tesla for a very long time dating back to 2015. Is anyone having an issue where the car is asleep, it’s completed charging, cabin overheat protection is turned off, and yet the car is still pulling power from the wall as if it’s charging? Our plaid has been doing this for 3 days. It will randomly start pulling about 2-3kw of power roughly and do it for hours. I know this is probably a big bug in the software, but just wondering if it’s just me or if anyone has noticed this? Our model Y does not do this at all. And they’re sitting next to each both pulled in. To make it more weird the key fobs are about 100 feet away from the car, both of our phones are currently on the model y in the tesla app so it’s not auto connecting. Looks like I will have to keep it unplugged when it finishes charging. 2-3kw for 8-12 hours is a lot of unnecessary wasted energy to pay for.
My Plaid has been doing this since I got it in June. The wall charger would never go into standby in the initial weeks. After one software update, it settled down and 3 times out of 5 when I'd pop in to the garage, it would be on standby and drawing power the other 2 times. Definitely looks like something is keeping the car awake more than necessary and also draining just enough battery to cause the recharge cycle to kick in. I'm still using the regular 5-15 wall plug if it makes a difference.

Greetings from MX thread. I put a MSP order in TWO WEEKS AGO blue/white/19’/FSD for fun while I wait for my MX. I had initial date of January then blank after a couple days and this morning now August 27th-September 26th. Insanity. In Elon I trust.

This seems almost unreal. I have the same build from a Nov 2020 order, yet your EDD date is a few weeks earlier and out in the midwest vs near the factory here. It's possible but don't see how they would get a car to midwest of that build so fast or why a recent order would be filled first. Maybe the orders have stopped coming in.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

I rigged up CAN injection messages to make my window switches into turn signals so I wouldn't have to drive around without signals like a BMW owner. Also making the stalks work is gonna be easy.

Edit: also, i put the yoke back on and airbag back in, and the car is showing no errors and everything is fine with that too...
Thats genius! And more than that, lot of guts! I haven't washed my car yet since Amazon keeps delaying the delivery of my pressure washer and we have someone taking the yoke apart.

@omarsultan just wondering if you are experiencing this. First let start with, I have had tesla for a very long time dating back to 2015. Is anyone having an issue where the car is asleep, it’s completed charging, cabin overheat protection is turned off, and yet the car is still pulling power from the wall as if it’s charging? Our plaid has been doing this for 3 days. It will randomly start pulling about 2-3kw of power roughly and do it for hours. I know this is probably a big bug in the software, but just wondering if it’s just me or if anyone has noticed this? Our model Y does not do this at all. And they’re sitting next to each both pulled in. To make it more weird the key fobs are about 100 feet away from the car, both of our phones are currently on the model y in the tesla app so it’s not auto connecting. Looks like I will have to keep it unplugged when it finishes charging. 2-3kw for 8-12 hours is a lot of unnecessary wasted energy to pay for.
I have noticed the car seems "busier" than my old Model S in that I'll walk into the garage and it sounds like the fans are running. I usually have my phone in my pocket, so maybe that is it. I'll have to try and measure the consumption and see how much it is.

First post: I just cancelled my LR because the delivery date got moved back til Feb. 22. I said F it and ordered the plaid. Won’t get that until March 22. Figured I needed to find a place where I can hear some success stories. Cheers!
NO,OOOOO! I so do not want to do that! Luckily, my old beater Lexus still runs but, I'm running out of patience!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
First post: I just cancelled my LR because the delivery date got moved back til Feb. 22. I said F it and ordered the plaid. Won’t get that until March 22. Figured I needed to find a place where I can hear some success stories. Cheers!
Too late for you, but I would advise others thinking about doing this to just not cancel your Orgingal/LR order. No benefit in cancelling. If your LR comes in early (says Feb now, could say Oct tomorrow) then you win, if not…you just cancel at the time you get another car or you get an actual VIN and decide you dont want it. Since you get nothing back, it doesnt help to cancel.

I'm at the SC in Norwell, MA (new SC opened this summer), and they're all blindsided by the email sent to us today. The SAs here were on a Teams chat figuring out what it was about this morning, but they said they'll know more hopefully tomorrow. No idea why production team decided/had to push orders out at far. They're also unsure why my car is delayed until February, but we all can speculate it's due to the white interior.
Some well intentioned members of the community signed a letter asking for better communication....

LOL - someone send this to Elon, please.

Curious to know. why do you need the lawyers to allow you to put in an order?

I was in an accident where I was completely not liable. My M3P was totaled. I knew it was totaled, everyone did, but until it was officially called "totaled" i was advised to not put a reservation in for a new car. Now that that happened, I got to reserve them.

Worth the $100 to reserve both models for me. I want that Plaid, but I don't need it. If that is the one that comes first, awesome. If the LR comes first, I will also be just happy with it and the extra $$$.