Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I I originally ordered a red, MSP, 21” wheels, black interior, CF no FSD on 8/17/21. Got a call from my SA, which I must say is fabulous, to see if I would consider a white with all the above staying the same. Considering the fact that my last 8 cars were white, including my MS Performance, I took the available white and not I have a VIN and scheduled for delivery in hopefully a week. The unit I chose was on the ground in GA and I did agree to the additional $500 to have it trucked to Palm Beach Florida. MF437 is my partial VIN. If you are in the South Florida area, I would highly recommend Tallia in Tesla West Palm Beach. She’s wonderful, attentive and answers emails immediately. She helped me with my Performance last year and I requested her help this year!

Inventory Plaids in the Phoenix area....
Cream with Carbon Fiber too. weird. in philly.
1629840054073.png

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So the first 3 digits of the last 6 digits of my new VIN is "430". This is from a car that I just saw today because it was mentioned on this forum as being listed for sale on Tesla.com. I snagged it as quickly as possible. It's Plaid / Black / CRM / 21" / CF, very close to what I actually wanted (I had white interior and MSM exterior).

Should I be less excited because this is an older batch? I believe @omarsultan had a ~430-range VIN.
It could be all these cars were waiting on parts and now they finally have enough to start shipping these out…

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
There are 12 Model S Plaids available on Tesla.com in the Bay Area if anybody is waiting on an order...

View attachment 700907

Dude. Thanks for this! I called my local SA and Im like "you have my exact car in inventory" can you just sell it to meeee??
It has "19's, but that's fine since Ill prob get sig wheels later on.
He's going to talk to his manager about taking the $12k off the price of the car since my order precedes the price bump on the car and FSD.

I struggle to understand how they can have all these inventory cars when there HAS to be folks waiting
on those exact configs for months now, or would get one if called and offered one??

I think people place multiple orders and cancel one maybe? This could be the reason Tesla just raised their non refundable deposit from $100 to $250
@Marcus99 --WTF?? If only I wanted to spend an extra $35k! I'd get a MSP tomorrow offa the freaking website. This is so odd?! Either @eddiemoy is correct, or they just made a bunch of extras for Demos or Leases and thought to sell them instead.
There were none online for so long that I actually got bored of trying to find any new MSs for sale on their site.

It is straight up black ink on a white sheet of paper with some digits.

^ feel free to print that. (Yes, I know there is more to than just that)

It is straight up black ink on a white sheet of paper with some digits.

^ feel free to print that. (Yes, I know there is more to than just that)
I mean. We sold our second vehicle last week to Carmax (one plus was the 5k increase) and they were printing them off like an Oprah give away. I'm hopeful this foreplay will result in some sweet, sweet car loving (I know, gross).
oprah winfrey GIF

Wow, speechless.... MUST.... RESIST.... TEMPTATION....
Ok I clearly could not resist. The order fee is now $250 but F it, I ordered another one!

RN115550xxx Plaid/White/Black/CF/19"/AP VIN: 5YJSA1E69MF439xxx

So relatively new build. It's apparently located in Lathrop, CA so they have to ship it back closer to me. EDD: August 28-31.

So the first 3 digits of the last 6 digits of my new VIN is "430". This is from a car that I just saw today because it was mentioned on this forum as being listed for sale on Tesla.com. I snagged it as quickly as possible. It's Plaid / Black / CRM / 21" / CF, very close to what I actually wanted (I had white interior and MSM exterior).

Should I be less excited because this is an older batch? I believe @omarsultan had a ~430-range VIN.
Mine is 431xxx. My advice is be excited--the car is amazing and I have had no meaningful issues with the early build.