Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome, thanks. Yeah black should definitely hide it well. I'm getting red so it'll stand out sadly, but perhaps I could paint them red?

How much did it run you if you dont mind me asking?
Freeman’s said they buy color matched auto paint and clear coat so the laser jammers blend in. Will report back with photos and final price at the end of the day.

That's pretty cool... although I'd be worried it would get sheared off by a high curb at some point haha (also, daaamn I take the weekend off and there goes 50 pages!)

Question is, who the hell needs a 90% charge each day on a car with a 375 mile range? Especially if you have a home charger. I'd go 75% for daily commute, 90% to start a road trip and never below 10%. A leading battery professor who has done work for Tesla stated that between 40-80% is where these batteries like to be for longevity.

Also, I challenge you to even notice. Probably won't until way past year 5.

I charge to 85% on a normal (non-planned trip) day. However, I have had unexpected "local" trips and such come up where I have arrived back by dinner time with 30% charge.

When I have a long road trip, I charge to 95%.

And what about charging to 100%?

I often drive 150-180+ mi in a day; about 18k-20k mi per year and lately, I’ve been trading in every 2-4 years or so. I always charged my Jag I-Pace EV to 100% every night and had no issues as far as I could tell. No degradation on max battery range and it always had no problem charging to max capacity at 100%. But it wasn’t a Tesla and I only kept the EV for just over 2 years. Any thoughts about charging the Tesla Model S Plaid to 100% daily? Will it really lose a significant amount of mileage / max battery range if charging to 100% everyday over a 2-4 year period?
100% definitely not recommended, although I’ve done so many times over the last 8 years while taking trips.

If you charge to 100% 2 or 3 days in a row, you’ll get a warning asking if you “really want to do this, as it degrades your battery prematurely” (IIRC).

I’ve always charged to 90% (for 5 years in my S, 3 years in my 3), and had degradation well within the normal range, if not a little less than average.

Ya gonna wing it with just the back plate? I did and have forever in MA…left it on after the last inspection with the plastic ties. Hmmm…once I take that holder off the LR there’s nowhere to “tie” it on for inspection at minimum looking at your pics. I got a guy that looks the other way on the tint but draws the line on the plate. He actually used the ties because I forgot the screws when I grabbed it that morning. 🤔 Decisions, decisions…I’m just gonna be all fugly with the 19’s and a plate holder! 🤪
Looks good. I think you helped me make my mind up on 35. The 30 has always been a challenge at inspection too. Black on black and all…Though I think I’ll do 30 on the back…gotta be a rebel somewhere here! 👊🏻
Thinking about leaving the plate in glove box and throwing it on the dash if I get pulled over. NY State Troopers don't leave a lot of latitude so unsure that will work. But might give them an alternative to ticketing me for a massive speed violation.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
All the Inventory Plaids are gone!!!! :oops:
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 9.36.33 AM.png

I still see some available. For example, 2021 Model S | Tesla

Last edited:
Which service center?

I'm still getting over the idea that my car has left Birmingham but won't show up until 9/6.

My car was "born" 8/17/21 and not supposed to actually arrive at the Decatur location until 9/1 or 9/2.

I DID stop by the containment lot early this am to see if it had magically been dropped off. Did not see my car but was able send my brother / sister-in-law a picture of their Model Y car being delivered tomorrow!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been watching this thread for a long time since ordering my MSLR back in April. My EDD has been Sep 4 - Sep 18 for over a week now so hoping to get some update soon. Ordered a Blue/Black/19/FSD RN11473XXXX. This will be my first Tesla after dreaming of buying one for years so really looking forward to this car.

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been watching this thread for a long time since ordering my MSLR back in April. My EDD has been Sep 4 - Sep 18 for over a week now so hoping to get some update soon. Ordered a Blue/Black/19/FSD RN11473XXXX. This will be my first Tesla after dreaming of buying one for years so really looking forward to this car.
Welcome to the thread! Nice spec.😁

My car was "born" 8/17/21 and not supposed to actually arrive at the Decatur location until 9/1 or 9/2.

I DID stop by the containment lot early this am to see if had magically been dropped off. Did not see my car but was able send my brother / sister-in-law's car being delivered tomorrow a picture of their Model Y
How do you get the "born" date? I remember back when I ordered my first MS in 2016 you could see when it started production and what stage it was in, etc. I don't see any of that info any longer.

How do you get the "born" date? I remember back when I ordered my first MS in 2016 you could see when it started production and what stage it was in, etc. I don't see any of that info any longer.
SA only. I emailed to set up an exact delivery date / appointment time and asked for my cars "born date" once a delivery window was available.