Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah. All adjustable. If paint was jacked then yeah. My SC is usually pretty great.

Plus, I’m not on Twitter so # don’t apply to me.

If that's what it looks like on the outside...

Hey you all do you. If any manufacturer including Tesla which gets way more of a pass than it deserves at this point brought a car to me brand new that looked like that I'd laugh my f****** ass off

Edmonds was something like 108 feet 60-0 (IIRC) which is reasonable for a performance sedan. (Edmonds claims 104' for the BMW M5)
I really dislike the feel of the brakes.
The new brakes do not seem to have the light corrosion that must be knocked off before the brakes work well after a rain shower or a bath.
I just about do not use the brakes on my Plaid.

So, I just no longer think about the way they work knowing only that they work reasonably well if needed.
Yeah I don't understand all the comments about the "terrible" brakes on the Plaid. Motor Trend got a 60-0 distance of 104ft.
That compares pretty well to their (somewhat dated) testing of Audi R8 - 101ft, MB SLS AMG Roadster - 100ft, and Lambo Aventador - 100ft.

I think what people are really referring to is the pedal pressure required to fully engage the brakes. It feels like it takes more pedal force in my Plaid to fully engage the brakes, but once you do, the stopping is very good. Better than my old E60 BMW M5 at 112 ft, even though the brakes "felt" better in that car, perhaps because it took less pedal force to engage.

Bottom line, press down on the brakes HARD if you want to stop quickly - you won't be disappointed.

Hi, one more data point. I mentioned I tried the album 'The Raven' in 44/16 and 96/24, and the 44/16 worked and 96/24 gave an error. I happen to have it in 176/24 too (don't ask!), and to my surprise, that encoding plays fine! So, 44/16 and 176/24, GOOD, 96/24, BAD (at least for the time being).
EDIT: I think that someone else (perhaps you?) said that 48k files work too (not sure if 48/16 or 48/24).
Cool that is useful. I thought maybe the cart was choking on the size of the 96KHz files, but I guess now. BTW, 176 kHz - holy cow! I assume you have a home listening rig that does that justice. :)

Yeah I don't understand all the comments about the "terrible" brakes on the Plaid. Motor Trend got a 60-0 distance of 104ft.
That compares pretty well to their (somewhat dated) testing of Audi R8 - 101ft, MB SLS AMG Roadster - 100ft, and Lambo Aventador - 100ft.

I think what people are really referring to is the pedal pressure required to fully engage the brakes. It feels like it takes more pedal force in my Plaid to fully engage the brakes, but once you do, the stopping is very good. Better than my old E60 BMW M5 at 112 ft, even though the brakes "felt" better in that car, perhaps because it took less pedal force to engage.

Bottom line, press down on the brakes HARD if you want to stop quickly - you won't be disappointed.
I wonder if folks are just used to brake assist and the Plaid just doesn't boost that much for partial braking?

Cool that is useful. I thought maybe the cart was choking on the size of the 96KHz files, but I guess now. BTW, 176 kHz - holy cow! I assume you have a home listening rig that does that justice. :)
I'm not sure any rig does justice to those resolutions:). The 96/24 version came from HDTracks, and I think I encoded the 176/24 from that album on SACD (one of the few SACDs that I have). It is odd that 176/24 works but 96/24 doesn't. I tried a few more 96/24s, and none work, and I tried one other 176/24 I have, and it too worked.

If that's what it looks like on the outside...

Hey you all do you. If any manufacturer including Tesla which gets way more of a pass than it deserves at this point brought a car to me brand new that looked like that I'd laugh my f****** ass off
Mr. Cat. Honestly they didn’t bring it to me “yet”. I went a couple days early to do an exterior check and they were ok with that. I brought up the panel gaps and that they had white chalk writing in multiple places denoting the gap mm sizes. And they said they’d reach out tomorrow morning to let me know how they will handle them. So I don’t want to knock them just yet. But true, interior could be a different ballgame.

Mr. Cat. Honestly they didn’t bring it to me “yet”. I went a couple days early to do an exterior check and they were ok with that. I brought up the panel gaps and that they had white chalk writing in multiple places denoting the gap mm sizes. And they said they’d reach out tomorrow morning to let me know how they will handle them. So I don’t want to knock them just yet. But true, interior could be a different ballgame.

Mr. Cat? I think he prefers to go by his first name...

How do we find that checklist? I’d like to use it when I pick mine up (delivery says next week).

My delivery guy said, “Have you been informed that there are no floor mats and trunk… um… wait you have them. Huh.”
Took delivery of Nameless today! 1.5" of rain today so no great pics, maybe tomorrow. I went through as much of the pre-delivery checklist posted here somewhere as I could (too much rain to be able to check the paint, but looks good) and found zero issues. I did notice no floor mats; my SA was confused and went off to investigate, came back and said they didn't have them yet but would ship them when they arrived.

Am about 90% sure I'm going with a lighter blue wrap. Maybe even the door handles :cool:

One concern I had was, would I be able to have both Teslas in my Tesla app with an easy way to switch between them, even though my wife and I use separate Tesla accounts? No problemo! They had to wait until I accepted delivery, then it was a matter of going into each account and adding the other one as an additional user. Now Lisa and I can both just swipe left/right to swtich between the cars, could not possibly be any easier. Yay.

I did not get a chance to floor the accelerator because of all the rain, but there's something to look forward to tomorrow!! One time, though, I did put my foot pretty far down and it was scary because of the wet road. I checked what the mode was, and they default it to insane. I moved it to sport for today, but never really pushed beyond chill-like in the wet. I did try flooring it in chill mode. It was chill, LOL.

If anyone in the Boston area is interested, I'll be taking Nameless to Snappy Dogs in Hopkinton tomorrow, be there around noon.

Last edited:
We got our Tesla! After waiting 10 months, we picked it up in Ft. Myers. Car was in perfect condition (as far as we can tell) and the delivery team did a great job getting it ready for delivery. And, as everyone says, all the drama of waiting goes away when you walk out, get in the car and drive away.

Three random thoughts. 1) if you are a pre-refresh order and expecting the $2,000 discount, you will have to wait until you get your final payment info (which will not have the discount). Then call your SA to get discount. It took about 3 days for it to show up on our final price.
2) After you take possession, and download the app, the manual is not available. Manual for S & X are on the car only. Understand that is because there are always updates and manual is constantly revising. We downloaded the manual a few weeks ago and have found it useful to browse the basic info & features. 3) Not excited about the look of the wheels.
.View attachment 707125View attachment 707126
.View attachment 707123
Congratulations. I ordered MS White, Cream, and 19in wheels on April 30. EDD Oct 9 - Oct 29. Sharp-looking car. Enjoy the ride.

QIXpdD5.png