Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up next Monday. Wondering about payment. I have a trade in they accepted so I have an amount due. Was going to bring cashier's check but started thinking what if they look at car and say well based on what we see it's we have to give you 750 less. (The trade in agreed upon was 2 weeks ago and I have put about 500 miles more on the. Car) if they did this then I would not have "full" payment and I'm picking this up in another state.

Would it be better to just enter bank info on app at the SC so I can wire through Plaid app? I really don't want to pay anything until after inspection.
Someone else can correct me if I'm incorrect here, but my wife had a trade-in when she picked up her Model Y and the guys that came out to get her old X didn't seem to care AT ALL about the condition of the car. They checked the mileage and verified the trade-in amount and the whole transaction went quickly.
This was my experience in 2019 - they just validated the car existed and was with within 1000 miles of the agreed trade-in mileage.

Picking up next Monday. Wondering about payment. I have a trade in they accepted so I have an amount due. Was going to bring cashier's check but started thinking what if they look at car and say well based on what we see it's we have to give you 750 less. (The trade in agreed upon was 2 weeks ago and I have put about 500 miles more on the. Car) if they did this then I would not have "full" payment and I'm picking this up in another state.

Would it be better to just enter bank info on app at the SC so I can wire through Plaid app? I really don't want to pay anything until after inspection.
you got it moved! Congrats! Also - your new profile pic is great (albeit a bit early), but since you're now picking up Monday, shouldn't it be 5 GOLDEN RINGS?

I was quoted 950$/6 months for Model S Plaid. Is that decent or should I shop around?
paying ~700/6 months for the plaid here in IL with Erie insurance. Keep in mind I have 2 other vehicles and home owners. 40 yo with clean driving record and no claims in 3+ years. I thought that was a decent price but was hoping for less considering my CTS-V was a good amount cheaper.

OMG - Just like that I got my vin... :)

1631733740760.png

I also see the MVPA however my FSD price showing 10k instead of 8k ? Anyone else had to deal with this ?

@emailforbrett Sounds like it could be in a body shop getting repaired? Happens sometimes if damaged during shipment - and they don’t have to disclose it if the damage is less than a certain amount…. It might also may be being held for parts or something.

You, Sir, win the Internet Sleuth of the Week Award! You are precisely correct! I finally got an answer from my SA and the rear panel is damaged and awaiting replacement and painting.

Someone else can correct me if I'm incorrect here, but my wife had a trade-in when she picked up her Model Y and the guys that came out to get her old X didn't seem to care AT ALL about the condition of the car. They checked the mileage and verified the trade-in amount and the whole transaction went quickly.
This is completely true. It was a lesser car but my grandparents traded in a Honda Element and they didn't even give it a look.

That's pretty awesome compared to what I'm paying- $1480/6mo.
Have you shopped around? Certain companies are much more reasonable like Progressive (was shocking to me) but I'd imagine with a clean record you should be able to cut that down at least 1/3. But I'm not familiar with plaid prices. I'm paying $900/6mo for my 2018 M3 and my wife's 2020 MY.

Have you shopped around? Certain companies are much more reasonable like Progressive (was shocking to me) but I'd imagine with a clean record you should be able to cut that down at least 1/3. But I'm not familiar with plaid prices. I'm paying $900/6mo for my 2018 M3 and my wife's 2020 MY.
My mistake, $1,480 seemed high so I just took a look. The $1480/6 mo is the total amount which also includes my SUV.
Edit: plus my snowmobile and motorcycle lol

Last edited:
Debating on what to do with the Blue. Gonna make a decision once I see the car in person and give it a good wash. I'll either clear-Xpel it or I'll find a wrap that gives a brighter blue than what Tesla offers.
I was thinking the same. Some of the blue metallic wraps are pretty good. In the end I decided for just a ceramic for now and live with the current blue. If I feel different in a year then get it wrapped then and I will have a new car again!

5M+ 👏.. I started getting active on TMC right after the late January plaid announcement. At the time, I remember being impressed that since July 2012, this thread had 3m+ views.
I just noticed today it’s 5m+ views. In just over 5 months, there have been almost as many views as the prior 8 1/2 years. What does it do for us? Probably nothing to help us 19” folks get EDD/VINS any faster, but it’s still an impressive number 👍
Now 6M+ = 1M views in less than 10 weeks. The post above was from the 4th of July when this thread first hit 5M+ views. It's definitely impressive how active the thread has been since the late January Plaid announcement compared to pre-plaid announcement. My apology if nobody cares hah :)

Plaid was delivered on Monday, 9/13 and… HOLY S***!

I ordered it 8/23 - so got it very quick. Has a 440 VIN.

I’m coming from an 2019 M5 Competition and drove it yesterday while the Plaid was in for tint. No competition on acceleration.

Compared to the Plaid, the M5 now feels like it makes a lot of noise for trying so hard.

Plaid came with floor mats and the trunk cover.

Tint: XPELXR Plus
30% all around, 70% windshield
Just dropped it off for stealth PPF

60-130 in 4.8s
0-60 in 2.37s
As impressed I am with the car, very impressed you’re driving to Wolfmother!