Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thought process that FSD or any other software feature of Tesla cars should be owned by the buyer and not tied to a car and be made transferable to another car bought later by the buyer is simply wrong. I cant think of any other similar machinery (medical lasers for me) where this would be true. Even the very idea of Tesla updating older cars with new features is quite novel in the industry. A welcome phenomenon indeed.
Well many apps are transferable. Imagine having to pay every app you own on your phone/computer everytime you upgrade to a new device?

Netflix, Spotify follows me. I can watch on any device or at a friends' place if they don't have it. Tesla could do something with the phone key so any Tesla you drive gets FSD unlocked while you drive.

Charging huge price for something that doesn't work is quite bold. In many cases, FSD represents more than 10% of the total cost of a new Tesla. It's incredibly expensive. Not being able to transfer in case of a car upgrade or totalled car is close to insulting.

I'm glad I love to drive and hate to be chauffered it is really easy for me to say no to FSD. I know some people actually loves the tech and must have it. Sucks for them as it is not ready yet and how will governments deal with autonomous driving is still pretty unclear.

I would pay for the basic summon though. When the car is trapped in a snow bank, having the ability to move the car out of it without having to actually get inside is a huge plus. I'd pay 500$ for that. Easy money Elon, someone should tell him.

BOOM Finally

1635262690286.png

You need to ping your SA to get the build date.. but 452 is very recent.

What rate did you get from DCU and how many months?

Haven't figured out how to reach my SA, they don't answer the phone....

DCU hasn't told me the rate, but I'm assuming 1.24% for 65 months, based on what is on their website. Hopefully I don't get a surprise...

Well many apps are transferable. Imagine having to pay every app you own on your phone/computer everytime you upgrade to a new device?

Netflix, Spotify follows me. I can watch on any device or at a friends' place if they don't have it. Tesla could do something with the phone key so any Tesla you drive gets FSD unlocked while you drive.

Charging huge price for something that doesn't work is quite bold. In many cases, FSD represents more than 10% of the total cost of a new Tesla. It's incredibly expensive. Not being able to transfer in case of a car upgrade or totalled car is close to insulting.

I'm glad I love to drive and hate to be chauffered it is really easy for me to say no to FSD. I know some people actually loves the tech and must have it. Sucks for them as it is not ready yet and how will governments deal with autonomous driving is still pretty unclear.

I would pay for the basic summon though. When the car is trapped in a snow bank, having the ability to move the car out of it without having to actually get inside is a huge plus. I'd pay 500$ for that. Easy money Elon, someone should tell him.
Netflix and Spotify are subscriptions. You can do precisely the same thing with Tesla FSD.

(Cross posted)
Just scheduled to pick up my sexy Red/White/19s at Mt Kisco on Nov 7th. Waiting for confirmation on financing from DCU but looking at $50k for 65m at 1.24%
Will be heading straight to Automobilia Auto Salon for a full PPF, Ceramic & Tint. Beyond excited!
They seemed stingy with the loan amount for me as well. They only approved $85k on a $146k car... I've asked for more and waiting to hear back.

as someone who had FSD, the strategy to rent it for road trips, is almost a bit..opposite.
Meaning, for most highway driving, 90% of the function I use is free AP functions.
True, NOA is pretty good, but i ended up turning off auto-lane change as it was changing lanes too frequently or times when I'd be in the right lane and fast traffic was merging onto the interstate, it wouldnt move to the empty middle lane enough and instead, either not slow down to let a car merge in or slow down way late after the car merged into my lane. Also, in areas like the mixing bowl area near springfield, Va (somewhat complex area of lanes that change/crossover at a huge cloverleaf type highway intersection), it was jhust not comfortable to let it do its own thing. (Heck, to be fair, mixing bowl during high traffic can be challenging to maneuver for a human).

So for me...FSD for highway trips would be a waste of $200

Well not exactly. You can't take your subscription to a different vehicle. (You can't have one subscription that you share across your 2, or more, vehicles.
That’s the business model that those companies chose to sell their product. The number of concurrent screens is in the terms of the agreement. I can stream on 4 screens at a time with Netflix, I can’t alter that agreement and stream it on 10.

That’s the business model that those companies chose to sell their product. The number of concurrent screens is in the terms of the agreement. I can stream on 4 screens at a time with Netflix, I can’t alter that agreement and stream it on 10.
But you can use a single, one stream, Netflix subscription on an unlimited number of devices. Just not at the same time. You can't do that with the FSD subscription. It is limited to be used on a single named vehicle. And you can only change that named vehicle once a month, since they don't refund partial months. (By stopping the subscription and starting a new one on a different vehicle.)

Last edited:
But you can use a single, one stream, Netflix subscription on an unlimited number of devices. Just not at the same time. You can't do that with the FSD subscription. It is limited to be used on a single named vehicle. And you can only change that named vehicle once a month, since they don't refund partial months. (By stopping the subscription and starting a new one on a different vehicle.)
What you say is absolutely true and exactly how Tesla wants their product to be sold. When Netflix gets into the car business, they can choose whatever sales model they like.

• Funny
Reactions: Bull and jebinc