Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
X- post from issues thread…

“Team TMC: I plan to take the vibration matter to social media (Twitter), in attempts to get some influencers to shed light on this issue. Will post tweets here in hopes those afflicted with the same issue will like it reply/retweet. Should have something started by the end of the day. Thanks for your support!”

Thanks for your support, all!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t use Plaid, but I’m sure I make some foolish security choices online. I know two guys that have zero third party apps on their phones. I cannot imagine not having a banking app or a few games.

I brought a cashiers check to my last Tesla delivery appointment, and had not signed off on the paperwork. However, I didn’t go home with a Tesla. 😄

I'm in a similar situation, Order Aug 2, RN 1154 with a date of Dec 12-31.
I'm having a small anxiety attack thinking about the Lux tax lol
Frankly, if this Canadian Luxury Tax is a real deal, Tesla should stop all US deliveries and ensure that 100% of Canada's Tesla buyers get their Tesla before 1 January 2022 . . . .

Elon, please get on this stat!

Excellent, if 100% accurate and Tesla doesn't change this without notice . . . .

OTOH, they really should move you up a LOT in queue if someone decides to get FSD: it's about 99% pure margin at this point, no?
But thats not true, i ordered with FSD. But someone ordered after 20 days from me in same city with same configuration already got delivery and my still in air. So its lottery system, you will get it whenever you get lucky. And that person got recent VIN 454 or 455. Still trying to figure out that how that RN number works. Some ordered way before me are still waiting.

There is a wealth of experience and opinion on these topics in the PPF thread.
Post in thread 'Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info'
Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

I would not go darker than 70% on windshield. I’m considering 80%. I don’t think roof needs more heat rejection but you can add later.
I will do ceramic myself. Have done on four cars…easy.
Thanks!

PPF is personal decision. $3500 for an entire care (assuming its done right) is a good "deal" only as it relates to market pricing for PPF.
I personally have owned cars for many years/100k miles plus. And ended up 95% of the time selling them privately for the top of "private sale" price of KBB or higher. Those cars had no PPF.

I also wonder how easily PPF will come off after being on a car for many years, exposed to UV, etc. I hope it all comes off of all surfaces (especially plastic bumpers) without peeling off a single piece of paint with it..

As far as ceramic, whats your goal? I wash my cars by hand usually once a week (when weather is nice) and once a month I apply a spray on wax and hand buff for max gloss. Doing this keeps water beading small and tight and paint glossy. Once a year I'll break out the buffer and do a decontaminate process (spray on stuff) and then apply a one step cleaner wax. Easy, cheap, simple, effective. So no ceramic needed for me.
Truthfully not much of a goal here. I like a nice wax bead finish, however if ceramic means water and dirt come off in sheets, that would be great too.
I’m concerned mostly with the rear flares, and considered mud flaps to protect even without ppf.
I could skip all that, and just continue my unlimited monthly car wash subscription, which may be overkill for ceramic, ppf, etc.
real goal - keep car looking nice.

That's a covert way of them charging several hundred more for the job. Ceramic is applied to the surface. Its literally the same amount of effort to apply to a car without PPF, or with PPF. I'd love to hear the backstory on how its less effort to apply ceramic at the time of PPF install.
I’d actually think ceramic would be easier over clear coat -isn’t that “rock hard” and ppf is more rubbery? I’ve avoided doing ceramic myself, I’ve heard it becomes like glass, and if you don’t know what you are doing it can scratch. And I don’t know what I’m doing.

I’d actually think ceramic would be easier over clear coat -isn’t that “rock hard” and ppf is more rubbery? I’ve avoided doing ceramic myself, I’ve heard it becomes like glass, and if you don’t know what you are doing it can scratch. And I don’t know what I’m doing.
I did the AvalonKing stuff and it was not really hard to do at all. Just time consuming. The result was an amazing finish, but they warn you not to wash it more than needed as it can wear it off faster. With that being said it should still be years. If you do it yourself it is WAY cheaper.

Maybe this is me splitting hairs, but I'm a little sensitive since I've had to have my battery pack replaced. I charge to 80% daily. That level used to show as 300 miles of range. It now shows, and has shown for the past couple of weeks, a related range of 296 miles. Is the loss of 4 miles normal or is this something that is unusual with a car that is two months old?

Maybe this is me splitting hairs, but I'm a little sensitive since I've had to have my battery pack replaced. I charge to 80% daily. That level used to show as 300 miles of range. It now shows, and has shown for the past couple of weeks, a related range of 296 miles. Is the loss of 4 miles normal or is this something that is unusual with a car that is two months old?
For a MSLR, shouldn't 80% of 405 RM = 324? 300 is closer to 75%. What is your max charge showing?

Maybe the seat sensor noticed you've put on a few pounds.

It’s getting colder in east so 80% will be fewer miles range through the winter…unsure what your ambient has been down there, but my wife noted the same 4 mile reduction in our X the last two weeks!

Mine has gone from 320 when new at the end of August to 316 at 80% now. Ambient Temp has gone from 90 to 50.

I'm seeing 327 miles fully charged now at the moment. 10,500 miles. But it moves around...by the time the car is fully charged it will indicate over 330, more like 338.

My 80% range has adjusted down from 306 to 294. I just figured it was my driving habits.