Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am an avid hater of the last president, but I will definitely not be voting for this guy next time. Let's hope for some new choices.
I'm pretty sure the problem is not with the girls/guys to choose from but with the people doing the choosing. We have been chasing off competent capable people from the body politic at an alarming rate (on both sides). I am sad :(

Except that I do have a ViN for my wife's car (Dec 20-6 pick up) and will be joining my bud picking up his MSLR this Saturday :)

I realize we are biased in this forum..however...when I see the Lucid Air and the EQS? I see two cars that (in top trim form) look good.
However...to ME...the Model S STILL looks better than both. Even at this advanced age. Model S's advanced age...not mine.
I suspect Tesla is going to follow the Porsche 9xx approach of design. MS is their signature look. They will continue to polish that shape as they progress and, with luck, will never loose the design DNA.

This is new….

Attachments

• 926CAE24-3DA4-4655-8ECC-BD8D2BB75727.jpeg
    926CAE24-3DA4-4655-8ECC-BD8D2BB75727.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 109
I'm pretty sure the problem is not with the girls/guys to choose from but with the people doing the choosing. We have been chasing off competent capable people from the body politic at an alarming rate (on both sides). I am sad :(

Except that I do have a ViN for my wife's car (Dec 20-6 pick up) and will be joining my bud picking up his MSLR this Saturday :)
Well said!

Right now I’m voting for more infrastructure. Because my Tesla got from CA to NY in 6 days and hot damn that’s fast; but it’s still got to cross the wasteland of Connecticut to get here. Anyone who’s taken the Acela knows, that car is another 6 days away.

PS if y’all want to keep going on politics we can but I’m going to perform the evil rites and summon the Gator if you do - he and I agree on politics and I will go scorched earth on you all if I must 🤣

Why would some have this and not others? I was told today my car is still good to be delivered on Monday. Of course, I think they are all a little ill informed

Are you having your DA track it by GPS like some have?

Hoping delays, if any, are software related. However out of date software has not stopped them from delivery before.

Wonder if the hold is only for FSD cars?

Are you having your DA track it by GPS like some have?

Hoping delays, if any, are software related. However out of date software has not stopped them from delivery before.

When I called the Tesla line yesterday he wouldn't tell me where exactly it was just that we are confirmed to be on track. So worthless. This whole experience may mean my last Tesla.

Why would some have this and not others? I was told today my car is still good to be delivered on Monday. Of course, I think they are all a little ill informed

Component swaps are the most likely reason. Tesla will swap out chips for their equivalent from another manufacturer depending on supply. They do this all the time. It's common enough that rarely are two cars exactly alike.

I don't have FSD on my car and at least one other person does, so it's not related to that. From what I got from my SA, it's related to the center console module. They didn't know if that was the buttons underneath the main screen or the computer for the main screen itself. I'm calling my contact who was the Service Manager before their promotion to get some more details on the issue tomorrow. My slim hope is that he can bypass the hold for me too, but we'll see...

When I called the Tesla line yesterday he wouldn't tell me where exactly it was just that we are confirmed to be on track. So worthless. This whole experience may mean my last Tesla.

I get your frustration, but I think that will be the farthest thing from your mind once you actually get the car. And I swear I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but they technically don't have to give you any info about the car's location or status, since it is still legally their property. It's certainly a far more shitty experience, so I totally understand why it's a big negative.

Last edited:

What a crock. How does the SA know it will be there on time, if the location is not known?

And you are probably taking a day off work for delivery, since I'm sure there is no time given.

Can you do a recon late Sunday to see if it is in the lot?

Because they say they take 24 hrs to go over the car and make sure it is perfect, lol.

What a crock. How does the SA know it will be there on time, if the location is not known?

And you are probably taking a day off work for delivery, since I'm sure there is no time given.

Can you do a recon late Sunday to see if it is in the lot?

Because they say they take 24 hrs to go over the car and make sure it is perfect, lol.

I drive by every single day, twice a day and haven't seen it. Though I think they have a second holding lot for *sugar*. I'm going to go in tomorrow and bitch at them.

Component swaps are the most likely reason. Tesla will swap out chips for their equivalent from another manufacturer depending on supply. They do this all the time. It's common enough that rarely are two cars exactly alike.

I don't have FSD on my car and at least one other person does, so it's not related to that. From what I got from my SA, it's related to the center console module. They didn't know if that was the buttons underneath the main screen or the computer for the main screen itself. I'm calling my contact who was the Service Manager before their promotion to get some more details on the issue tomorrow. My slim hope is that he can bypass the hold for me too, but we'll see...

I get your frustration, but I think that will be the farthest thing from your mind once you actually get the car. And I swear I'm not trying to be antagonistic here, but they technically don't have to give you any info about the car's location or status, since it is still legally their property. It's certainly a far more shitty experience, so I totally understand why it's a big negative.

No it's not legally theirs. It's legally mine. I live in a non direct sales state, they already have all my money and my insurance is covering the car. As far as I'm aware they've already registered the car to me to get the tags. They have a huge obligation imo to tell me everything.

No it's not legally theirs. It's legally mine. I live in a non direct sales state, they already have all my money and my insurance is covering the car. They have an obligation imo to tell me everything.
Ah, well if you already paid them, they certainly should be providing updates. My pet theory is they don't have a good setup for readily pulling that info from the car, hence their reluctance to provide it. It's just laziness, simple as that.

No it's not legally theirs. It's legally mine. I live in a non direct sales state, they already have all my money and my insurance is covering the car. As far as I'm aware they've already registered the car to me to get the tags. They have a huge obligation imo to tell me everything.
Call the general line. Dial 1, then 1 again, then say Model S delivery. Tell the person who picks up you want to know where your car is. If you need to push to ask them for specific location do it. If they won't, hang up and dial again. I've done that 3x this week and have gotten a specific location every time.

Ah, well if you already paid them, they certainly should be providing updates. My pet theory is they don't have a good setup for readily pulling that info from the car, hence their reluctance to provide it. It's just laziness, simple as that.

I've watched them do it in person before with my model 3, it's really simple and takes them about 30 seconds. It shows them a little map with coordinates/transit status and delivery time.

Call the general line. Dial 1, then 1 again, then say Model S delivery. Tell the person who picks up you want to know where your car is. If you need to push to ask them for specific location do it. If they won't, hang up and dial again. I've done that 3x this week and have gotten a specific location every time.

Oh yeah for sure. I'm going to be doing that but going in person. I get they may need to do *sugar* to it, no problem. But if people are reporting a hold and that impacts my car but haven't told me I'm going to lose my mind.