Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this over in the Reddit cesspool from somebody who appears to have some inside info. Take it for what it's worth;

"Tesla started the retooling of their Fremont lines which includes these upgrades last night and Tesla will be producing them in the next couple of weeks."
If this is true, Wouldn’t the website for the model S updated already? Referring to images of course, I do remember that same Reddit user outlining these exact updates back in December. He claimed they would launch no later than March.

Have you used the current headlights? They're absolutely terrible. Model 3's are way better so if these are the same, they're a huge upgrade.
You miss my point but in any case if you dislike something about your car you can change it to your liking. Isn’t a lot of the fun customizing and personalizing your car? I have driven quite a bit at night and I don’t like it. I just figured it was my 75 year old eyes. ☮️

If this is true, Wouldn’t the website for the model S updated already? Referring to images of course, I do remember that same Reddit user outlining these exact updates back in December. He claimed they would launch no later than March.
They don't usually announce features or update the site until the changes have been produced for 2 weeks is what I've heard. They wanna make sure it is already out.

I enabled matrix headlights in my 2020 Mercedes GLS and they are awesome. High beams are on basically 24/7 don’t blind anyone and they can track multiple cars at once with a black box around them as they control each individual LED (car has around 80 leds it can individually control) . Pray my Tesla next month has so it can be enabled in 1-2 years when legislature changes.

Great that they work for you. I think the headlights in my current car are terrible in low lit or unlit areas. Even a Rav4 (at the high end) has headlights which are much better. Bright and sharp cutoff. I often have to turn on the high beams because they just don't illuminate enough.
My 2018 Model 3 headlights are almost dangerously useless in my neighborhood. Really looking forward to a substantial headlight upgrade.

FWIW I watched yesterday's fly over just now - I can't believe the production - this is the absolute busiest I've ever seen the logistics lot. It seems to me that like 3 out of 4 cars are white. I saw some reds mixed in. didn't really notice much of the other colors, but there seemed to be a bunch of non-white (and some white) at the grass area, and of course the bastard lot.
i wasn't able to see the brake lights clearly but I'd wager they are the usual.
the presses weren't running. might be retooling, might be catching up. In the past there were zillions of shells waiting around, I didn't see that today (as in the drone didn't fly in those areas).
I can't tell much of a difference from a 3, Y, S or X from these videos - the Y's are humpier, the X's have the crease on the roof, etc. so I can't estimate how many of each.
Anyway, considering parts shortages, etc. - it looks like T is in absolute full swing.
I'm ALWAYS amazed by these videos - I expect them to slow down and limp along, and instead it seems deliveries increase.
I know we've been waiting for months, etc. but the sheer number of cars to be shipped out just amazes me.

FWIW I watched yesterday's fly over just now - I can't believe the production - this is the absolute busiest I've ever seen the logistics lot. It seems to me that like 3 out of 4 cars are white. I saw some reds mixed in. didn't really notice much of the other colors, but there seemed to be a bunch of non-white (and some white) at the grass area, and of course the bastard lot.
i wasn't able to see the brake lights clearly but I'd wager they are the usual.
the presses weren't running. might be retooling, might be catching up. In the past there were zillions of shells waiting around, I didn't see that today (as in the drone didn't fly in those areas).
I can't tell much of a difference from a 3, Y, S or X from these videos - the Y's are humpier, the X's have the crease on the roof, etc. so I can't estimate how many of each.
Anyway, considering parts shortages, etc. - it looks like T is in absolute full swing.
I'm ALWAYS amazed by these videos - I expect them to slow down and limp along, and instead it seems deliveries increase.
I know we've been waiting for months, etc. but the sheer number of cars to be shipped out just amazes me.
Yeah this one right?

This. Any side by side nighttime comparisons (on a garage door or something showing light pattern/brightness) to see for myself? I sometimes get myself worked up by stuff like this on forums and find that in actuality I can barely tell a difference in real life. Drove a friend's 2019 Model S at night before and headlights seemed just fine to me (and I drive a M3P). Rear diffused lights would be nice, I won't lie, but despite the whizz-bang I can't honestly say I EVER see those in use since I'm always driving the car or its turned off.

My 2018 Audi S5 Sportback had some of the sexiest taillights and signals, and I think I saw them in use once in the 2+ years I owned it.

Just a little perspective. If my NF464 build doesn't have them when it's delivered, I'm not rejecting it on that basis if it's free of defects.
FWIW my neighbor with a Plaid is satisfied with his lights. He also has a Taycan and a MYP and he's familier with the awesome Benz S550 lights.
I would like the new lights, a lot, particulary matrix headlights, but that's not enough for me to delay delivery.
What I didn't post is that his Plaid bricked Friday. He thought it was the software update; nope, he had voltage variations or similar, and they're replacing his rear drive or rear drive units.
Scary!

My EDD is Jan 12-22. Can I refuse delivery and state I want one with the new lights? How long can I push delivery?

I would put a hold on your account before you get a VIN if that is what you want to do. If you get assigned a car and then "reject" it because it doesn't have the new lights it's a lot worse. My SA told me that they are only allowing people one rejection now, so once you reject it you will be forced to take the second one assigned to you or forfeit the order.

I would put a hold on your account before you get a VIN if that is what you want to do. If you get assigned a car and then "reject" it because it doesn't have the new lights it's a lot worse. My SA told me that they are only allowing people one rejection now, so once you reject it you will be forced to take the second one assigned to you or forfeit the order.
Please change your avatar. I put on 3 pounds just looking at it, my mouth is watering, and now i'm really hungry.
I guess i could say that to @Ormond as well....

FWIW my neighbor with a Plaid is satisfied with his lights. He also has a Taycan and a MYP and he's familier with the awesome Benz S550 lights.
I would like the new lights, a lot, particulary matrix headlights, but that's not enough for me to delay delivery.
What I didn't post is that his Plaid bricked Friday. He thought it was the software update; nope, he had voltage variations or similar, and they're replacing his rear drive or rear drive units.
Scary!
seems to becoming more and more common the rear drive unit failure that I had to go through!!!! hopefully his SC has them in stock otherwise he is on for a long wait !!!!