Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh well, at least I have $1100 in Uber credits.

Those go away the second your appointment is closed out. Find some fun places to go. :)

I'd call the horn placement a drawback. Maybe you can muscle memory it when yoke is straight, but what about when it's turned? Nothing will be as quick and intuitive as slamming the middle of the yoke/wheel. The same issue applies to other buttons that used to be stalks. The mental gymnastics required to find these buttons while turned is annoying. Fortunately, most of those don't matter since you can usually wait until you straighten out, unless you're stopped in traffic, but in that case the extra time it takes is a non-issue. The horn is an exception though since that's a timely issue...

Been driving nearly two weeks (have owned car six weeks).

Still look at turn signal ‘buttons’ despite having TWraps Carbon wrap (another great product) on the yolk that make finger finding easier.

First time I tried to activate horn, stupidly hit center and of course nothing happened. Second time (this is SoCal), I just slammed the right side of the yolk and it worked fine.

I like the yolk. At times it feels more natural than the traditional wheel. At times I have to think about what I’m doing. Another two weeks it will be much more of the former and near zero the latter.

Shite grin on. :)

Last edited:
Those go away the second your appointment is closed out. Find some fun places to go. :)

Still look at turn signal ‘buttons’ despite having TWraps Carbon wrap (another great product) on the yolk that make finger finding easier.

First time I tried to activate horn, stupidly hit center and of course nothing happened. Second time (this is SoCal), I just slammed the right side of the yolk and it worked fine.

I like the yolk. At times it feels more natural than the traditional wheel. At times I have to think about what I’m doing. Another two weeks it will be much more of the former and near zero the latter.

Parallel parking still sucks with it. Heck, trying to steer while looking behind you is a damn nightmare.

*Here comes the "OMG Just Palm It Round And Round" brigade*.

Parallel parking still sucks with it. Heck, trying to steer while looking behind you is a damn nightmare.

Just palm it...

1652387876427.png

I haven’t tried parallel parking yet (and do so no more than a dozen times a year) but both my spot at work and garage require tight turns in reverse. These are 1x each daily at a minimum.

F0ADBFA2-B339-4451-ABA8-5D3200DA35B8.jpeg
9A10F0CB-CA19-4E66-AD75-BD68EC2E8FBC.jpeg
78968C2C-4602-496C-9B92-D6BD7416F100.jpeg

Horn and Yoke were my big issues at first too. Like @Ohmster , I just slam the right side of the Yoke and it's fine now (just adjust slam point a little to the right/ agree that they didn't need to move the horn but I got used to it and it's not an issue anymore). Similarly, while I won't say the Yoke is better than a wheel, I got used to it and enjoy driving the car so it's not an issue anymore.

Good advice on the Uber credit. I had to Uber quite a distance yesterday and complained to my wife that the little Toyota's back seat position hurt my back and she said I should have just taken an Uber Black. D'oh!

I'm never going to spend all these credits. That's it, I'm going everywhere in an Uber Black now.

AFAIK it's the hydraulic arms, not the stoppers under the lid. You seem way too confident in the fix for someone that didn't experience and fix the same issue themselves. I described it a week ago, but the trunk is too far too the left, not just the left taillight sitting too high.
I'm confident only because I fixed it on my own car last year in 10 seconds. I guess times have changed, and the new hydraulics are too strong. Or... the hinges are too strong.

This is what you get for new hinges. Nobody but yourselves to blame, people!